Other Girls 2015-04-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jayessell

Re: Other Girls 2015-04-10

Post by jayessell »

It will be a dark day indeed when Castella's gift for hurtful words is used on purpose.

Also....

Good going Pickle!
Being able to look human is a valuable skill that not
every Para can pull off.
Just remember that how you are on the inside is more
important than how you look on the outside.

Da Bears can look like anyone.
Has Pickle chosen one human form to practice with
that will be her only human appearance?
(Gradually modified to match her age as she grows up.)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The suspicion is Bud.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
captnq

Post by captnq »

And now for something completely different.
Sgt. Howard wrote:"Bravo base this is Bravo Charley- no movement at this time, primary target is not in sight. Rations are holding out, no precieved threats. 'Cactus Blossom' has recieved scholastic merits, 'Reluctant Angel' is brooding, 'Mother Bear' buisy doing KP. No sight of pool- I SAY AGAIN, no sight of pool or of "Super Prude'. We wait for Monday I SAY AGAIN we wait for Monday, over"

"ksht!zrearfth! ravo...rley..is.. ravo.. ase ..opy... ations ... olding ...out? over"

"Bravo Base this is Bravo Charley- we're good, but a little Margarita mix would be nice... and maybe mix for tequila sunrise- can you send? over"

"ZRZRZRZRZRZRZRZRRRR!POP!SCHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH! intel ... dicates..... terferance. ....o ... read? Over"

"Bravo Base this is Bravo Charley- not sure why you think so, I'm reading you loud and clear, over"

"..ravo rley...ravo...ase....inue........servation....vise....BBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....pply....over"

"Roger that, Bravo Charley over and out,"
Fixed that for you.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:The suspicion is Bud.
Last time we saw her full human, that was what she looked like to me - like Bud's kid sister, maybe - remember, Bud is "physically" only nineteen - as are Brandi and (until recently) Jin, so "kid sister" would fit right in..
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Dave wrote:Castella still hasn't made the connection (or distinction) between "because of the way your suit looks" and "because of the way you look". Once she was assured that Aunt Jin "has our back" and she can go back to the Para Pool, she seems to have dropped the whole issue of Why Were We Told To Leave.

Well, she's definitely still young...
Castella will never have that problem so how could she really understand it. Like the Ursa twins she is a full body shifter. Her human form is entirely by choice. When she becomes a teenager she will be able to take any form she likes after all. So body issues will not be a problem for her at all. She will never be stuck with a single human form she is unhappy with. Like the Ursa twins as they have no body appearance issues at all being able to look like anything they want.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Gavote

Post by Gavote »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
jwhouk wrote:The suspicion is Bud.
Last time we saw her full human, that was what she looked like to me - like Bud's kid sister, maybe - remember, Bud is "physically" only nineteen - as are Brandi and (until recently) Jin, so "kid sister" would fit right in..
Similar power levels too! :twisted:
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

Has it been stated that our brooding Siren can't put up glamours? (however it's spelled?)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Glamour is how the Fae refer to shape-shifting. Sirens and incubi don't do that, as much as they hide their non-human body parts.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

jwhouk wrote:Glamour is how the Fae refer to shape-shifting. Sirens and incubi don't do that, as much as they hide their non-human body parts.
And then there is Monica. . .Remember Monica?--this is a song about Monica. . .
(with apologies to Arlo Guthrie; *inserts 8-track tape of 'Alice's Restaurant' into the pun jar*)

Monica normally appears (for lack of a better term) human, but as a sub-Titan she transforms into the Jaguar Girl when using Astral Fire.
But then she was (mostly) human before being transformed into a full paranormal sub-titan

and will Dietzel ever be changed back to his normal size?

Off topic thought: The para-normal pool must not be your standard human pool type with excessive chlorine, etc. Otherwise mermaids and plants wouldn't have a good time, let alone anyone with gills.
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
AnotherFairportfan

meisdadoo wrote: And then there is Monica. . .Remember Monica?--this is a song about Monica. . .
(with apologies to Arlo Guthrie; *inserts 8-track tape of 'Alice's Restaurant' into the pun jar*)
We did that one already.
Off topic thought: The para-normal pool must not be your standard human pool type with excessive chlorine, etc. Otherwise mermaids and plants wouldn't have a good time, let alone anyone with gills.
Even GERMS fear the Jaguar Girl's astral fire!
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

meisdadoo wrote:Off topic thought: The para-normal pool must not be your standard human pool type with excessive chlorine, etc. Otherwise mermaids and plants wouldn't have a good time, let alone anyone with gills.
There are other ways of keeping pools clean. My aunt has a salt water pool, I think. Of course, I bet there's some kind of pyrokinetic para that can just boil the whole pool before opening, lunchtime, and closing time.
Ooh, I bet it could be a cycle. Y'know, like a sine wave of temperature. That way paras that prefer hot water can enjoy it while the others sunbathe or something. Or have two separate pools, one on a sine wave, the other on a cosine wave.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

jwhouk wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if the mom was one of the tuna girls mother?
There's a reason why I'd say no - Atsali would have said something to them during the whole "Calista Meets Everyone & the Jaguar Girl Too" storyline.
You mean the same pair of tuna who didnt know M was her aunt? She would have had no reason to have met the mother yet so why mention it?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Akamar

Post by Akamar »

Aww, Pickle... Normal human girls wish they could look like 'normal' human girls...
illiad

Post by illiad »

meisdadoo wrote: Off topic thought: The para-normal pool must not be your standard human pool type with excessive chlorine, etc. Otherwise mermaids and plants wouldn't have a good time, let alone anyone with gills.
As it is a paranormal world they most likely use a paranormal solution to keep it clean as well as safe for all users...:)

In RL the chlorine level is usually dependant on how well 'behaved' the users are...
DO NOTE: chlorine smells of NOTHING... It is the reaction with various body 'emissions' that produces the smell..
So when you get that 'chlorine smell', you know that there is a LOT of bad behaviour... :( :o
Dave

Post by Dave »

Akamar wrote:Aww, Pickle... Normal human girls wish they could look like 'normal' human girls...
I remember reading a comment (possibly from one of Spider Robinson's characters) to the effect of "Hey, everyone is just trying to 'pass as normal'."

I'm not sure it's absolutely 100% true, but it's pretty close.

Buffy - [to Jonathan] “My life happens on occasion to suck beyond the telling of it. Sometimes more than I can handle. And it’s not just mine. Every single person down there is ignoring your pain because they’re too busy with their own. The beautiful ones. The popular ones. The guys that pick on you. Everyone. If you could hear what they were feeling. The loneliness. The confusion. It looks quiet down there. It’s not. It’s deafening.”
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Treating pool water with a UV light/ozone system can supposedly leave it safe enough for a human to drink.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

illiad wrote:
meisdadoo wrote:/
DO NOTE: chlorine smells of NOTHING... It is the reaction with various body 'emissions' that produces the smell..
So when you get that 'chlorine smell', you know that there is a LOT of bad behaviour... :( :o
Nope. Chlorine has a definite odour, as well as an unpleasant effect on the eyes an mucous membranes.

It can be smelt (and, obviously) tasted in chlorinated municipal water supplies.

To the extent that when, once while traveling, i was seriously startled when i took a drink from a water fountain in a town where they apparently used iodine in the water instead of chlorine. Not only did it have a different taste, it had a different smell.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

I'd pretty much agree that Atsali is now the main character.

But will she be the main character in six months?.... ah, let's check back in October. :ugeek:
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

illiad wrote:DO NOTE: chlorine smells of NOTHING...
For a while when I was a kid, the chlorine-treatment mechanism in the local water system had an intermittent fault. So every couple months there'd be a period of about three days when we didn't drink water without boiling it first and didn't wash any laundry that wasn't supposed to be white. We could tell those days by the odor.