On Your Toes 2015-03-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

On Your Toes 2015-03-31

Post by lake_wrangler »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/on-your-toes/

Interesting... And this confirms the existence of a paranormal (only?, most likely) pool...

IIncidentally, shouldn't it be "You just told me", rather than "you just tell me"?

Um, Jin? Atsali's tall enough as it is, do you really want to keep her "on her toes?"

*Drops a pedicure kit into the pun vault - no idea where it came from, I do not own such kits...*
Last edited by lake_wrangler on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Opus the Poet

Re: 2015-03-31 On Your Toes

Post by Opus the Poet »

OOhhh this is gonna be gooooood!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Re: On Your Toes 2015-03-31

Post by shadowinthelight »

Somewhere, Nadette is getting a nosebleed and knows not why.

(thread name and date are backwards)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

shadowinthelight wrote:(thread name and date are backwards)
I was in such a hurry to "reserve my spot", once I saw the new comic posted, that I may have erred a bit on the title... it's fixed, now...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Hmmm -- Shoelaces, dental floss, or spaghetti straps to hold the handkerchiefs and band-aids in place? Decisions, decisions....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

On one hand, Jin is someone that has the "don't F with me" attitude down, which is what bird girl really needs. But, I'm not sure that she is quite ready to teach it. But then, you don't really learn something until you teach it to another, so...
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Do watch the butt slapping, Jin. You're no longer immortal nor impervious and you're dealing with beings who all to often instinctively react without thinking. That's not good; ask Justin. For that matter ask Tsillah as she fairly recently had direct dealings with Atsali in that regard.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

jeffepp wrote:On one hand, Jin is someone that has the "don't F with me" attitude down, which is what bird girl really needs. But, I'm not sure that she is quite ready to teach it. But then, you don't really learn something until you teach it to another, so...
That's actually one of the better study methods. Learning something as though you were going to teach it to someone else provides better retention and can help you to think about in a much different and more comprehensive manner.

So, for anyone who's in college reading this, study as though you were going to try to explain it to your friends/family.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

True, jeffepp... I've always been a fan of the "watch one, do one, teach one" method of acquiring skills.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Anyone with me that the mother that complained at the pool may have been prejudiced toward Atsali since she is a Siren? :x
Also who else thinks that Jin going with her will be less painful to said bigot than if Katherine goes? :twisted:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Mark N wrote:Anyone with me that the mother that complained at the pool may have been prejudiced toward Atsali since she is a Siren? :x
Also who else thinks that Jin going with her will be less painful to said bigot than if Katherine goes? :twisted:
Lets see the Queens court, the alliance of Aunts, one sour pickle when she finds out they was picking on her big sister. i would much rather face one irate mother, who will probably be there anyway.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Mark N wrote:Anyone with me that the mother that complained at the pool may have been prejudiced toward Atsali since she is a Siren? :x
Lets see the Queens court, the alliance of Aunts, one sour pickle when she finds out they was picking on her big sister. i would much rather face one irate mother, who will probably be there anyway.
Provided she doesn't get all Audrey II, I'd like to see someone get a face-full of angry Squiggle.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

{raises both hands}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Last panel: I detect more than a hint of Crazy Jin in that smile...

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
captnq

Post by captnq »

Mess with my family and I will psychologically scar you for life. So, yeah. Katherine would be far scarier. People who have had harsh lives usually know exactly what to say to cause nightmares in others.
eee

Post by eee »

Oh dear. As we saw with Jin 'mentoring' Monica, her methods are effective but hard on the subject. Atsali may - short term - regret asking for help.

(IIRC, Atsali wears fairly solid one-piece swimsuits on the island, not anything too brief. That may be what Jin is aiming for. Let anyone object to such a suit and she'll slice them apart, verbally.)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

You've heard of that crazy uncle everyone has in their family? Meet Jin... the Crazy Aunt!

Even though Jin is no longer immortal, she's still hella strong. She's had millennia to learn to pull her punches so to speak to live within the mortal world undetected. One of two things is going to happen here... One: Atsali spins on Jin with Siren face. Two: Wingboner. It's a toss up at this point as Atsali seems to have issues at controlling her reactions.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

lake_wrangler wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/on-your-toes/

Interesting... And this confirms the existence of a paranormal (only?, most likely) pool...

IIncidentally, shouldn't it be "You just told me", rather than "you just tell me"?

Um, Jin? Atsali's tall enough as it is, do you really want to keep her "on her toes?"

*Drops a pedicure kit into the pun vault - no idea where it came from, I do not own such kits...*
You probably do, as healthy feet make healthy you(because nobody wants to walk or bike miles when they hurt). Basic nail trimmers and a nail brush to scrub away dirt. I've never met a guy without such gear, so I figure it's normal (either that, or I have strange friends).
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

- Guys have nail clippers.

- butt-slap produced blush, I think that's all we'll see of that reaction, specifically.

- Sour Pickle. :-D
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DilyV wrote:You've heard of that crazy uncle everyone has in their family? Meet Jin... the Crazy Aunt!

Even though Jin is no longer immortal, she's still hella strong. She's had millennia to learn to pull her punches so to speak to live within the mortal world undetected. One of two things is going to happen here... One: Atsali spins on Jin with Siren face. Two: Wingboner. It's a toss up at this point as Atsali seems to have issues at controlling her reactions.
I'M Going with Jin...
Luigi Vercotti wrote:He used sarcasm. He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and satire.
(Here, starting about 40 secs in...)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous