Oh Sweetie 2015-03-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
eee

Re: Oh Sweetie 2015-03-30

Post by eee »

Ah, now you're just being disingenuous, Atsali. You should LISTEN to Jin, she's giving good advice. Difficult to follow, but good.
jwhouk wrote:She really needs to talk to her "other" Aunt.
Does Tina qualify as an aunt? Someone should draw Atsali's family tree, it involves several different species and life forms, and perhaps non-Euclidean geometry...
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

eee wrote:
Does Tina qualify as an aunt? Someone should draw Atsali's family tree, it involves several different species and life forms, and perhaps non-Euclidean geometry...
I can't read jwhouk's mind, but I was thinking of this aunt.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
as363

Post by as363 »

Hmmm...Pasties..A Star (as long as it is not red) Or round showing the Planet Earth from space . Or her school crest. Any other contributions welcome
sheik

Post by sheik »

TheDOCTOR wrote:
sheik wrote:I do not hear the words of the _______ for they are unimportant.
You just called the Klingon a LIAR. ;)
The phrase works for a lot more than just Klingons.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Making silly fun of her own physique would actually probably help in some cases. Though it wouldn't help much against the really determined venomous attacks.
as363 wrote:Hmmm...Pasties..A Star (as long as it is not red) Or round showing the Planet Earth from space . Or her school crest. Any other contributions welcome
Well, if they're at Tina's shop, then perhaps pastries instead. They might go nicely with the coffee, after all.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Catawampus wrote:Making silly fun of her own physique would actually probably help in some cases. Though it wouldn't help much against the really determined venomous attacks.
as363 wrote:Hmmm...Pasties..A Star (as long as it is not red) Or round showing the Planet Earth from space . Or her school crest. Any other contributions welcome
Well, if they're at Tina's shop, then perhaps pastries instead. They might go nicely with the coffee, after all.
As well as give future boyfreind/girlfreinds a new understanding of fun with food.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Exactly; Jin has quite the range of experience (80,000 years, give or take) but I doubt she's ever worn artillery shells on her chest. This might be out of her league, closer to Mon's.
Catawampus wrote:Making silly fun of her own physique would actually probably help in some cases. Though it wouldn't help much against the really determined venomous attacks.
Sad but true. Then again, if Atsali can indeed win over the majority of a crowd, the determined hater is quickly & easily revealed as such - and promptly shunned by the rest. Hopefully, anyway.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
illiad

Post by illiad »

well actually these were what I was talking about.... :/ they paste on, thats why...

nicki-minaj-halloween-pasties ( NSFW???)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Catawampus wrote:
Let's not even get started on her sticky buns. Image
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

illiad wrote:well actually these were what I was talking about.... :/ they paste on, thats why...

Those are not pasties, they're just electrical tape.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Opus the Poet wrote:
illiad wrote:well actually these were what I was talking about.... :/ they paste on, thats why...

Kind of reminds me of Wendy O Williams before she passed. (Yes I grew up during her heyday.)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
Let's not even get started on her sticky buns. Image
TOO LATE!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

oldmanmickey wrote:Aunt jin might want to mention Hedy Lamarr the actress and co-inventor of the technology for spread spectrum and frequency hopping communications. This is the basis for Wi-Fi, CDMA and Bluetooth technology, and led to her being inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame. She might also mention that instead of using models to show its new spring collection, the San Francisco-based clothing company Betabrand decided to put women with doctorates in front of the camera. So boobs are brains are not mutually exclusive.

As i have told my daughter many times since she started to develop what became a most generous endowment, they are just envious of what you have that they dont
"That's Hedley!"
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Ms Lamar is one of my gender nonspecific Heroes, she reminds me of why I like da Vinci and Tesla.

PS- this thread also reminded me of Bruno from Miller's 'the Dark Knight', Google her, but nsfw. B'ware...
illiad

Post by illiad »

Opus the Poet wrote:

its the same stuff, you can get them in star and heart shapes tooo... :) NOT SFW!!! :D

kingklash: No, seriously... :) http://www.women-inventors.com/Hedy-Lammar.asp

By manipulating radio frequencies at irregular intervals between transmission and reception, the invention formed an unbreakable code to prevent classified messages from being intercepted by enemy personnel.

Lamarr and Anthiel received a patent in 1941..

her real name was Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler .. here is the patent she registered... :)
http://www.google.com/patents/US2292387
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

MerchManDan wrote:Sad but true. Then again, if Atsali can indeed win over the majority of a crowd, the determined hater is quickly & easily revealed as such - and promptly shunned by the rest. Hopefully, anyway.
According to the After School Specials, at least.
shadowinthelight wrote:Let's not even get started on her sticky buns.
Especially since doing so might end up in you getting a face full of bear claws.
Dave

Post by Dave »

illiad wrote:kingklash: No, seriously... :) http://www.women-inventors.com/Hedy-Lammar.asp
I strongly suspect that kingklash knows that quite well.

That quote "It's Hedley!" is from the classic Mel Brooks comedy "Blazing Saddles". The chief bad guy in that film was a sleazy political wheeler-dealer named Hedley Lamarr. He was so egotistical that anytime someone happened to mention Hedy Lamarr (actress and inventor) he's snarl "It's Hedley!" to try to steal the attention.
illiad

Post by illiad »

{yawn}... and lesser peeps would think 'its *just* a 1940's woman'... that's why the quote.. :)
BTW for those few who have never heard of it, amazon will do a second hand DVD of it for £1... :)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

illiad wrote:{yawn}... and lesser peeps would think 'its *just* a 1940's woman'... that's why the quote.. :)
BTW for those few who have never heard of it, amazon will do a second hand DVD of it for £1... :)
...so, illiad, if you knew that's what kingklash was talking about, why did you pretend otherwise? :|
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

illiad wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:

its the same stuff, you can get them in star and heart shapes tooo... :) NOT SFW!!! :D
I liked the US flags pointing in opposite directions for symmetry... :ugeek: I do not have OCD, I have CDO with the letters in alphabetical order as they SHOULD BE!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.