Quick question for all you techie people

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Dave

Re: Quick question for all you techie people

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:Yes but cant he just press and hold a fingertip on the 'cropped' image and be presented a choice to "view image" ? (
Not in Safari on my (old) iPad. The only choices are "Save image" (to local storage) or "Copy" (copies the URL to the clipboard).

You could do the latter, open a new tab, click in the bar, press and hold to bring up the menu, "Paste", then Enter. Bleah. :roll:

Can't do it in a "press, choose View" in this version of Safari, at least - it's not an option. That's why I suggested Opera as a possible alternative.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The cutoff thing is the one frustration I have with reading the forums on my iPad. Of course, I could mitigate the problem by inverting to landscape mode, but that's tedious on the iPad.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Yeah, I only have the options to save or copy. I'm on my laptop right now, and i can see the whole thing just fine.
I have my iPad locked on landscape mode. I find it easier on my eyes and its easier to type, and the videos all fit better. I can't stand portrait mode.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!