Got Her Covered 2015-02-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: Got Her Covered 2015-02-27

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I am currently visualising the reaction of some poor character who just stumbled upon WS for the first time today...
Yes, some amount of puzzlement is to be expected.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I am currently visualising the reaction of some poor character who just stumbled upon WS for the first time today...
just get blank... did you mean this one??
Dave

Post by Dave »

illiad wrote:
Dave wrote:
just get blank... did you mean this one??
That's the one I was excerpting from (from 2:08 through 2:16). Not sure why it doesn't work for you - might be a browser issue - it works OK in Firefox and Chrome.

Here's a link based on yours which starts at the right place.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I'm sorry
To quote Chuq von Rospach, "That's twisted and evil. I like it. I wish I'd thought of it."
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave wrote: That's the one I was excerpting from (from 2:08 through 2:16). Not sure why it doesn't work for you - might be a browser issue - it works OK in Firefox and Chrome.

Here's a link based on yours which starts at the right place.
well that works... ?? using ff 28... (unless mozilla does what we want, and **removes** the asstralis... >:( ) I guess I will see if palemoon latest works better again...

try with '/watch?v=' instead of /v/ on mine it ignores the 'startime' and the rest... dont worry, I'm sure they will do summat to stop it all working again!!! :roll:
eee

Post by eee »

Atsali's posture is rather odd. Normally when she's flying she's holding herself fairly straight and rigid to reduce air drag. Here, it looks almost like she's dog paddling. I'd suspect after the rocket her forearms are pretty bruised and her shoulders aching, so keeping them forward or back along her sides might be more than she can manage right now. But the legs, I can't understand why she's got them bent like that. It's very strange...
Dave

Post by Dave »

eee wrote:Atsali's posture is rather odd. Normally when she's flying she's holding herself fairly straight and rigid to reduce air drag. Here, it looks almost like she's dog paddling. I'd suspect after the rocket her forearms are pretty bruised and her shoulders aching, so keeping them forward or back along her sides might be more than she can manage right now. But the legs, I can't understand why she's got them bent like that. It's very strange...
It could be that she wants more air drag at this point. They were dropped off of a fast-moving rocket, possibly at high altitude, and may be falling/flying downwards more than forwards (at least initially). It could make sense to try to drop excess speed/energy by maintaining a turbulent-drag posture, and not put excess mechanical stress onto her wings.

On the other hand it might have more to do with getting used to the "fit" of her new "Spandex flight suit". :)
ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

eee wrote:Atsali's posture is rather odd. Normally when she's flying she's holding herself fairly straight and rigid to reduce air drag. Here, it looks almost like she's dog paddling. I'd suspect after the rocket her forearms are pretty bruised and her shoulders aching, so keeping them forward or back along her sides might be more than she can manage right now. But the legs, I can't understand why she's got them bent like that. It's very strange...
I suspect Atsali's mental focus is oscillating between "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" "Don't Fall!" "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" Don't Get Blown Up!" "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" "I'm Naked!" "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" "She's Touching Me All Over!" and not to forget: "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" Aerodynamics is probably low on the priority list of concerns at the moment.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

jwhouk wrote:But is it BLUE AND GOLD or BLACK AND WHITE????
Or right, the thing with the overexposed pic of a dress and people whose brains can't compensate for the day/night context info.

In the overexposed pic, the RGB levels indicate what should be black to be an orange.

Good thing I'm on call 24/7 and have LOTS of experience with screwd up day/night cycles.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

My2Cents wrote:Atsali might want to invest in a 'Super suit'. Some Spandex long johns cut low in the back, for the next time, just in case the bear girls aren't around.

Hope the bra survived, explaining to Lydia the need to contain sudden dimensional changes could be awkward.
IDK, I half suspect she's got an inkling of the paranormal world if she isn't a member.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

jwhouk wrote:
jayessell wrote:Those aren't Siren feet.

Not that I would want them to be.

But they aren't.
Yeah, you'd think she'd have gone all bird-feet. But then again, I don't think Nadette would have transformed into a full bodysuit that fast, either.

I suspect the final panel was done after a brief "OMG I'M NAKIE!" moment, and Atsali was able to reform with just her wings... and Nadette went into "autocover"mode.

Probably willingly. ;)
I hadn't thought of the OMG panel, but I do remember that she's embarrassed by her full siren form, so I imagine that's why we missed it.

That and Paul is probably saving it for some big reveal later on.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

zachariah wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Heh... "Nice coveralls, Atsali."

But: WHAT COLOR IS IT?

Bearly there flesh tones.
borrowing a picture from Paul's facebook page

:?:

to my eyes, somewhere between purple and pink ... and looking at http://html-color-codes.info/color-names/ for colour names ...

... :shock: Thistle ?

(yes, I know that's not Nadette, but the similarity in outfits brought that image to mind)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
illiad

Post by illiad »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
Or right, the thing with the overexposed pic of a dress and people whose brains can't compensate for the day/night context info.

In the overexposed pic, the RGB levels indicate what should be black to be an orange.

Good thing I'm on call 24/7 and have LOTS of experience with screwd up day/night cycles.
um, do tell where this was meant to be posted??? its a bit more boring than what atsali is wearing ATM... :/

googled it.. and I saw it on BBC yesterday, I saw brownish and white, though the pic was awful, I would blame the phones display & settings, and how good the contrast in bright light/ viewing angle... If you look at some screens at an extreme angle, whites can go purplish!

now, back to Atsali!! :D
illiad

Post by illiad »

ShirouZhiwu wrote:
I suspect Atsali's mental focus is oscillating between "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" "Don't Fall!" "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" Don't Get Blown Up!" "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" "I'm Naked!" "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" "She's Touching Me All Over!" and not to forget: "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" Aerodynamics is probably low on the priority list of concerns at the moment.
yeah, if you are being touched 'there' you need to relax your legs... or may be some 'thickness' to the 'suit' is another reason... :?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Grantwhy wrote:borrowing a picture from Paul's facebook page

:?:

to my eyes, somewhere between purple and pink ... and looking at http://html-color-codes.info/color-names/ for colour names ...

... :shock: Thistle ?

(yes, I know that's not Nadette, but the similarity in outfits brought that image to mind)
Or is it? We know she can do patterns... The first demonstration of their adaptability had them changing into country bumpkins... plaid shirts and all.

The big reveal here... http://wapsisquare.com/comic/we-have-tails/

Progressing through the country bumpkin stage here: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/too-dorky/

And through to their current look: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/look-like-me/

Uh-huh... we bad ass... http://wapsisquare.com/comic/cherokee-wisdom/

Note though, Nadette's Targetting... she's always seemed very boob-centric.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

illiad wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:

um, do tell where this was meant to be posted??? its a bit more boring than what atsali is wearing ATM... :/

googled it.. and I saw it on BBC yesterday, I saw brownish and white, though the pic was awful, I would blame the phones display & settings, and how good the contrast in bright light/ viewing angle... If you look at some screens at an extreme angle, whites can go purplish!

now, back to Atsali!! :D
Lighting is always key... When I was little, my brothers always built car models and such, but I was the one who would sit and watch old war movies with dad so I started building planes and tanks... I know, odd for a girl, but I learned that what appears to be Olive Drab green to the eye often turns brownish on film or digital photographs, and its all because of the lighting and exposure.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

DilyV wrote:
illiad wrote:Lighting is always key... When I was little, my brothers always built car models and such, but I was the one who would sit and watch old war movies with dad so I started building planes and tanks... I know, odd for a girl, but I learned that what appears to be Olive Drab green to the eye often turns brownish on film or digital photographs, and its all because of the lighting and exposure.
...and filter pack in the printing.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

What i'm noticing in that image i didn't notice before is that she's barefoot inside that outfit.

Brrr.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
illiad

Post by illiad »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:

What i'm noticing in that image i didn't notice before is that she's barefoot inside that outfit.

Brrr.
its a *flight* suit, so heavy shoes are not worn... maybe just a thin rubber sole for grip... :0
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Well, she finally got a chance to practice flying with her new distribution of mass, as she was worrying about earlier. I wonder how convincing Nadette can be in explaining that she made the suit as skin-tight as possible purely for aerodynamic reasons?
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Nah. When Berdine and Nadette transform into things like hats or balloon animals the excess amount of them basically goes into Hammerspace or somewhere.
So is Nadette's extra mass currently in her own, or is it in the one that Atsali uses to store phones and television remotes and boxes of cookies?