Seperation 02-26-2015

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
oldmanmickey

Re: Seperation 02-26-2015

Post by oldmanmickey »

They may have also had advanced genetic abilities as well para-humans of their own.Shoot they may have even created a lot of them with their tinkering.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

jayessell wrote:"if your shirt's a bear?"

That would make Atsali bear chested.

(Plink.)
I had originally intended to leave the line practically unchanged and make a notation of who's shirt Atsali is wearing (Monica's), but then I remembered Nadette's neat little tricks of absorbing her jacket and also of having been a scarf for Berdine... and since wear and bear rhymed, it was a natural swap.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Grantwhy wrote:Who puts hand-holds on the outside of a rocket?
I don't think those were hand-holds, but rather rungs to climb up to the habitable portion of the rocket. They just didn't have time to go quite that far...

BTW, the date format for the thread name is supposed to be YYYY-MM-DD, not MM-DD-YYYY...
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Well ... Alllllllll-Righteee then! Breaking up is hard to do. Was that actually meant to be the way that escape mechanism was supposed to work? Or was it not really an escape vessel at all? The rungs may have been rungs on a ladder and not meant too be held on to for a ride. If that is actually how it was supposed to work, I have to imagine it was designed and built by the absolute lowest bidder (while drunk). It would be the worst escape capsule ever. One of those things that "seemed like a good idea at the time." I believe someone is due a refund. As has been mentioned, perhaps it was Stasie's escape rocket and little bear improvised. If it was for Stasie then she would be in the top capsule portion I would think. OTOH unless something clamped around her stasis tube, that doesn't look like it.

Finally, if the mighty morphing power strangers were just hangers-on to someone else's quick exit vehicle, is that someone in the top portion? Someone who managed to get to a better functioning stasis tube? If we see a parachute open up to let the capsule down safely, we'll know that may be the case. Of course the rocket may have a different purpose altogether and normally have nothing to do with helping anyone escape.

I just noticed, Paul spelled "Separation" wrong.
Last edited by KnightDelight on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

The problem with the rocket may also be due to how old it is and other events that happened around it over the passing millennia.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Martin baker?? did you mean this??
Martin Baker attempts a double backflip

or this, I guess.. :P

I would say 'massive injury' is the one, unless we cannot see the M B from this angle... :/

And the 'top capsule' looks like it 'broke off' rather than detached properly... :( :O
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

ATSALI!

TAKE THE CHARM OFF!!

TAKE IT OFF NOW!!!
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Ok, Paul did invent 'Extreme Motorboating', what next?
eee

Post by eee »

... the (BLEEP)?????????? :shock:

And why were these people building rockets, anyway? :?
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

illiad wrote:Martin baker?? did you mean this??

I would say 'massive injury' is the one, unless we cannot see the M B from this angle... :/

And the 'top capsule' looks like it 'broke off' rather than detached properly... :( :O
... yup. Sorta... Martin Baker ejection seat. Big red button in the cockpit. You become a projectile.

I'm not saying that one is working right, though...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

AAAAAAaaaaaaa!!!
REMOVE THE AMULET!!! IT'S WINGS TIME!!!

Now we wait to she if Atsali remembers she has wings.
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
illiad

Post by illiad »

Sgt. Howard wrote: ... yup. Sorta... Martin Baker ejection seat. Big red button in the cockpit. You become a projectile.

hmmm, yeah.... sure feels like friday... nope, checked ma watch... :/
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Panel two indicates that the only thing hold Sali's 8 Ball up in Nadette face. Give acceleration force and size of what is being supported I would not be surprised if Nadette ends up with two black eyes from this. She must be good at holding her breath to as I bet she does have trouble beathing through the 8-ball.

Just hope there is no pogo as the accel cuts off or Nadette will be beaten to death even as she enjoys it.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Radical_Knight

Post by Radical_Knight »

To infinity and beyond!!! How the hell did the Ethetians get hold of a North Korean rocket?!?
Memories die hard long after reality has turned to dust.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Mark N wrote:The problem with the rocket may also be due to how old it is and other events that happened around it over the passing millennia.
I'm not seeing a problem with the rocket.

I'm seeing a booster rocket disengaging, so as not to be a dead weight on the escape capsule, as it either keeps accelerating or starts the descent.

… and those rungs on the booster rocket are clearly just the lower two rungs of a ladder that, if they had just had time, might have taken them inside said capsule. 8-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
illiad wrote:Martin baker?? did you mean this??

... yup. Sorta... Martin Baker ejection seat. Big red button in the cockpit. You become a projectile.

Handle... big yellow handle. The seats can be fired from two rope loops above the head (which when pulled pulls a face curtain down over the pilots face to protect from wind blast) or two yellow handles down along the thighs, or a loop between the legs depending on the seat.

It's funny though... when I saw the rocket breaking up I flashed back to Saturday afternoons as a kid watching old war movies with my dad (he loved them) I could almost hear Curt Jurgens from the enemy below when they took their sub to the bottom a thousand feet down (well below crush depth for WWII subs). Curt looks at his first officer and says: "Zey build zem good in Germany, eh, Heine?"

Of course, we already know everything used in the desert was built by Acme... maker of fine (if unstable) rocketry for over ten thousand years.

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Sidhekin wrote:
Mark N wrote:The problem with the rocket may also be due to how old it is and other events that happened around it over the passing millennia.

I'm seeing a booster rocket disengaging, so as not to be a dead weight on the escape capsule, as it either keeps accelerating or starts the descent.

… and those rungs on the booster rocket are clearly just the lower two rungs of a ladder that, if they had just had time, might have taken them inside said capsule. 8-)
I'm pretty sure that CRACK!!!!! is not an intended consequence here...

Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Radical_Knight wrote:To infinity and beyond!!! How the hell did the Ethetians get hold of a North Korean rocket?!?
"When 7,000 years you reach, launch as well, you will not, hmmm?"

:ugeek:
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

DilyV wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:

I'm pretty sure that CRACK!!!!! is not an intended consequence here...
I'm pretty sure it is. It's too clean a kraack! to be unintended.

See the flare surrounding it? Metal fatigue doesn't cause flares. I'd say it's either the ignition of the second-stage engine, or more likely a carefully rigged explosion set off to decisively disengage the booster rocket.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Regardless of the separation being intentional or no, I suspect the design required them to be INSIDE the capsule at this point- now, as has been pointed out by others... will 'Sali remember that she can fly AFTER she takes off the amulet?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.