Shadows 2015-02-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
KnightDelight

Shadows 2015-02-09

Post by KnightDelight »

Shadows
Oh bloody hell can't these people just lay down and die already?!
Last edited by KnightDelight on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
B_Rud

Re: Shadows 2015-02-09

Post by B_Rud »

Well that ruined the mood.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"by KnightDelight » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Oh bloody hell can't these people just lay down and die already?!"

Apparently not... Atsali is trying to figure out if this is a party... looks like some I've been to...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Curiosity killed the cat ... and it looks as if it could do the same for the Bird, unless she gets moving...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Remember - She's a seer, so her enhanced emotional state may be letting her see what Atsali is seeing by memory/inference. Not a pleasant experience to be sure!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Ah yeah! Atsali didn't freak out on Nadette or anything! That's a good sign for Nadette right there. Usually when someone gets an unwanted kiss they'd pretty much freak out right away. Not stare at the other person blushing like that.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Curiosity killed the cat ... and it looks as if it could do the same for the Bird, unless she gets moving...
Hahaha, curiousity, lol. :3
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I wonder about the images. The people are burning, maybe, but at least major suffering. This means a traumatic experience of some sort. I wonder if these images are from when they were evacuated into the crystals by Brandi. These maybe being the ones who didn't make it to safety in time. It might also be the reactions of the people in the crystals when they realized what had happened to them. A third possibility is the rock is mica and these are souls of the dead trying to speak. We still don't know what is really happening. It could be a stone tape image, or it could be the dead talking, at least they aren't walking. They need to figure it out before actually doing anything.

I wonder if Sali can see what Nadette sees. After all she is pulling Sali away from them and Sali is just looking with the what the heck expression.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Possible secondary/alternate title for today's strip: :shock: "Stares" :shock:
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Curiosity killed the cat ... and it looks as if it could do the same for the Bird, unless she gets moving...

Now the question becomes how did the cat get to Mars.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

now might be the time to ask where the back door is and if they aint one reckon where they want it to be
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

TheCollector wrote:Ah yeah! Atsali didn't freak out on Nadette or anything!
I don't think she had time. That expression in panel one suggests that she's still trying to process what just happened. And then, well, something else happened...
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

No, it doesn't appear as if Atsali is freaking out here... her arms are draped rather causally down around Nadette's waist... and we can't see where her hands are but odds are they're resting on Nadette's bottom.... "My what a fluffeh tail you haz..." hehehe

Yeah, the images Nadette sees are a definite mood breaker but does Atsali see them? She doesn't appear to... and is that Astral or spectral fire? Maybe an image not unlike projecting a movie on a stone wall... not real physical images, but kind of like that portal through time in Star Trek... projecting images...

I'm not sure if the images are Ethetians... their essence got pumped through Atsali's bird brain... so that couldn't be them... could it?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

zachariah wrote:I wonder about the images. The people are burning, maybe, but at least major suffering.
For all we know these could be people from the first age. The one the Chimera wiped out with it's super plasma breath. Their souls were never recovered according to Charon.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Thor

Post by Thor »

TheCollector wrote:Ah yeah! Atsali didn't freak out on Nadette or anything! That's a good sign for Nadette right there. Usually when someone gets an unwanted kiss they'd pretty much freak out right away. Not stare at the other person blushing like that.
As much as I'd like to agree, the problem is that Atsali has still not had time to react to either of Nadette's overtures in this adventure. The first time they were interrupted by The World's Loudest Shadow, and this time they were interrupted by . . . whatever those people are (were?).

We don't know whether Atsali was into it, or whether she just put up with it until they had a moment to pause so that she could let her friend down gently. Talking about feelings has been trumpted by intrusions by third parties and/or more immediate concerns that needed to be addressed at every step since they crash-landed. I have a feeling that they are not going to have a chance to chat about it until either (1) a really climactic moment where Atsali just lays it out there, or (2) until all the things are blown up and those two are safely out of there and alone together. If Mr. Taylor really wants to be an Evil Cartoonist, then after the supernatural bit is wrapped up, Tsillah or the Library will thank them by teleporting them both home--separately, or the adults will immediately catch up to them and not give them a chance to talk to each other, or any other number of delaying tactics. We might not get an answer to "Does she or doesn't she?" for another month or two. :cry:
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

It might be time for Nerdy Birdy to switch to Ghost Beater Mode again. If these bozos aren't just stone tape playbacks that only Nadette can receive. Are they undead, or are they Memorex?
Dave

Post by Dave »

kingklash wrote:It might be time for Nerdy Birdy to switch to Ghost Beater Mode again. If these bozos aren't just stone tape playbacks that only Nadette can receive. Are they undead, or are they Memorex?
Or, possibly, a horde of zombie M-M-M-Max Headroom impersonators.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Hmmm.. looks like the "analog" recording device of water and stone, is starting a playback, triggered by the hefty emotions of both ladies.. scary..
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Jay-Em wrote:Hmmm.. looks like the "analog" recording device of water and stone, is starting a playback, triggered by the hefty emotions of both ladies.. scary..
... you want scary? Cue lead-in music for "Gilligan's Island" and see if THAT is recorded...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

DilyV wrote:No, it doesn't appear as if Atsali is freaking out here... her arms are draped rather causally down around Nadette's waist... and we can't see where her hands are but odds are they're resting on Nadette's bottom.... "My what a fluffeh tail you haz..." hehehe

Yeah, the images Nadette sees are a definite mood breaker but does Atsali see them? She doesn't appear to... and is that Astral or spectral fire? Maybe an image not unlike projecting a movie on a stone wall... not real physical images, but kind of like that portal through time in Star Trek... projecting images...
The people/image may have only appeared for a moment, and by the time Atsali turned around they are/it's gone.

At least this time Nadette remembered to grab Atsali and *then* run :lol:
DilyV wrote:I'm not sure if the images are Ethetians... their essence got pumped through Atsali's bird brain... so that couldn't be them... could it?
I'm getting a feeling this might have been some sort of 'top secret' [Ethetian?] facility ... I doubt any/most people in there would have followed the evacuation orders and ended up in the crystals.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones