By Jove 2015-2-3

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: By Jove 2015-2-3

Post by jwhouk »

Zeus is actually Kukulcan.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

oldmanmickey wrote:And in the waspiverse the difference between Paul and Zeus is?
Paul doesn't run around transforming himself to impregnate mortal women. (at least I don't think he does)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:And in the waspiverse the difference between Paul and Zeus is?
P >> Z
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

In the Wapsiverse Zeus is real and Paul is not.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:Also wondering whether the strip title "By Jove" bears a deeper meaning. Jove/Jupiter/Zeus play basically the same roles in Greco-Roman mythology, and Zeus has been specifically mentioned in Wapsi Square (as the patron, in effect, of Bia).

Add to this the fact that the Gods were notorious for behaving capritiously and arbitrarily towards mortals, playing on their vulnerabilities, using them for the Gods' pleasures or agendas without so much as a beg-pardon...

So... could the way that the Library is and has been behaving (which Tsillah critiques quite strongly in the strip after this one) be an indication that Zeus might be playing a role in what's going on here? Might his voice, be the voice of the Library?
We know that the world grid was set up to keep undesirables out. The chat with Tsillah after Katherine and Atsali's Big Adventure revealed that the triangle anomalies in the grid may have had something to do with a larger plan by the Nu Gui. Perhaps some of the old less-friendly dieties are planning a return.

Monica's island is in one of those triangles; is she about to lose yet another island, this time due to it being over-run by Androktasiai or something?