Meeting Thymbris 2015-01-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Meeting Thymbris 2015-01-26

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:
Cheesy1 wrote:Thymbris knows Atsali's birth parents? :o
Well, she works in Hades and is intimate with the collector of dead souls. . .
GlytchMeister wrote:
meisdadoo wrote:These family lines have got me more confused than a box full of puppies on a Ferris wheel. . . :?: :?:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Greek deity genealogy. Family Trees are more like braided vines.
Not made any easier by our classical sources for this mythology freely re-writing it on a whim to better suit their personal or political or social needs.
Not unlike "real" history.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Dave wrote:Thymbris scattered her brain (and her skull) off of at least two surfaces in the first panel alone. Then, there was the scattering off of Atsali's sparkling fist, a few megashakes later. All of these appear to have been elastic-collision scatterings.
Actually, I think Atsali's sparkling fist left a dent. Unless Thymbris' scull has exceptional articulation.

Just compare panels 2 and 4 of http://wapsisquare.com/comic/take-out-the-trash/.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
captnq

Post by captnq »

Comedic misunderstanding is comedic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
DilyV wrote:The separated head and the wrap around the neck in the last panel made me think of my favorite Barista and monica's statement... "Please tell me your choker doesn't hold your head on..." (paraphrasing here)

Maybe it does, Monica... Maybe it does...
Paul swears it doesn't ... that its only significance is that Tina just likes to wear it.
I know... Just seeing that wrap around her neck after seeing her putting her head back on made me think of Tina specifically because that fact was brought up. Was thinking about it though because Monica asking made it obvious the idea freaked her out... and people have a habit of hiding the truth when it so obviously bothers people...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

meisdadoo wrote:These family lines have got me more confused than a box full of puppies on a Ferris wheel. . . :?: :?:
Or maybe a puppy wheel?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

wwf wrote:
Cheesy1 wrote:"Your dad would be tickled proud!"

Thymbris knows Atsali's birth parents? :o
Well Atsali's parents are dead. Did they meet Thymbris in hades?
i think it's more of a generic compliment along the order of: "you actually clocked me good and hard not just once, but TWICE!.. i don't know who your dad is but he sure trained you well if you can do THAT to someone like ME!"... i don't think that it's because she actually knows Atsali's parents for her to base that statement off of; just that she's going by the stereotypical "the Boys are the Fighters, and the Girls ...aren't... therefore your DAD must have trained you to fight like that" yes, yes, this is totally conjecture, and sexist, but still... STEREOTYPICAL... other than Amazons, what OTHER women (or group of women) have been portrayed as fighters or warriors? not many that I'm aware of... and she's ignoring the fact that it could have been all "instinct" too, and therefore NO-ONE should be thanked...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Do remember where she works, though. She probably met her dad in the course of processing souls in Hades.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Yeah, I was reminded of Tina-ski a bit, but there's no substitute.

As for her being scatterbrained, well- if you 'live' a really, really long time you might get a certain irreverent* point of view about things.

*I actually had another word in mind, but it fell out...