Not Gonna Bite 2015-01-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dr. Otter

Re: Not Gonna Bite 2015-01-15

Post by Dr. Otter »

TazManiac wrote:I think we may be over-thinking this a bit:

- Darkness

- "Surprise!"

- Pop!

The shadow-lass materialized, Atsali punched her, Ipso facto...
That's sure as heck what having that face popping up in the dark would inspire me to do (along with a couple of embarrassing, involuntary body functions).
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Found it. Starting 11-12-2012 is where Tsillah first shows she can hold someone inside her shadow. When she does that person is removed from the normal world and contained within herself. When that happens they are inside her so if they punch her shadow form inside her they actually hit something. The blackness and then the sudden appearance is typical of Tsillah as well as she does exactly that to Lily and Suzie. Those two were too cowed to do anything but step back.

This is why Sali was able to hit Tsillah.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Thor

Re: You Gonna Bite? 2015-01-15

Post by Thor »

jwhouk wrote:
Thor wrote:
DilyV wrote:Judging from what we've seen about how easily Jacob can be brow beaten, I'm thinking Atsali would tired of him rather quickly...
Why won't anyone here give the boy a chance? You are all so quick to judge the kid. C'mon, give him a break.
Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes... ;)
Just seeing if I could get a nibble, but the bait was too obvious.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

zachariah wrote:Found it. Starting 11-12-2012 is where Tsillah first shows she can hold someone inside her shadow. When she does that person is removed from the normal world and contained within herself. When that happens they are inside her so if they punch her shadow form inside her they actually hit something. The blackness and then the sudden appearance is typical of Tsillah as well as she does exactly that to Lily and Suzie. Those two were too cowed to do anything but step back.

This is why Sali was able to hit Tsillah.
Actually, based on later data, it's not so much that Tsilla was surprised by Atsali being physically able to hit her...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.