Conflicting Twin Cities.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

michaelbirks

Conflicting Twin Cities.

Post by michaelbirks »

I'm currently having the most wonderful time balancing mental images of Minneapolis/St Paul between the Wapsiverse and John Sandford's "Prey" novels.

Imagine, if you will, the aftermath of Bud's 'throwing golf balls at the sun' episode where the MIB have covered it up with "kids playing with dry-ice bombs". Lucas and Del discuss it in passing at a murder scene and write the kids off as 'Stupid A**holes'.

Or, reading a Prey and wondering which of the bit parts are actually paranormals. (Lucas Davenport as a Satyr is too easy, especially as we get most of his internal dialogue.)
GlytchMeister

Re: Conflicting Twin Cities.

Post by GlytchMeister »

I can only image how that must be. I don't recall ever having two stories set in the same time and place and trying to separate the two conflicting universes.
[shudder]
That be really frustrating. Kinda like the bleeding effect from Assassin's Creed. Having memories conflict, even if both are just as true as each other.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Heh.

I have enough trouble dealing with the real TC and the Wapsiverse TC.

I've been on the lookout for where potential sites for Mucho Mocha, Punk Yoga, the Antique shop, Amanda's photo studio, and the other various living quarters of the cast are located. (I have every reason to believe that the majority of the cast lives in the area around Uptown Minneapolis, between I-35W and Lake Calhoun, by the way - just north of where Pablo used to live in the Richfield area.)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

If I'd played Watch Dogs, I'd probably doing something similar, me being familiar with Bear country.

(My Chicago blood wants to take a dig at you hailing from Cheeseheadland, but my "you read Wapsi too? Cool!" part of me wants to just be nerdy friends.)
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

GlytchMeister wrote: (My Chicago blood wants to take a dig at you hailing from Cheeseheadland, but my "you read Wapsi too? Cool!" part of me wants to just be nerdy friends.)
That's all right. I have friends and family in the greater Chicagoland area. I won't hold it against you. ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin