Stand Back 2014-11-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Stand Back 2014-11-17

Post by lake_wrangler »

I don't know... I think I would have preferred the insider trading option...
lake_wrangler

Re: Stand Back 2014-11-17

Post by lake_wrangler »

Incidentally, I'm surprised I managed to start two daily threads in a row... Where are the usual suspects? Asleep at the computer? :P
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

If it's not demon insider trading, just what did the two golem girls pull out of them?
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

This was not surprising. I do hope they can heal each other and i think that the Kevin side is covered. Now is it just me or did Tina get a boob job? That was the Booze demon of course
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

lake_wrangler wrote:Incidentally, I'm surprised I managed to start two daily threads in a row... Where are the usual suspects? Asleep at the computer? :P
Nah, just busy doing other stuffs... this is a half hour before normal posting time... I just happened to check to see.

Note Tina's appearance in the first frame... and Jin's look of... disgust? in the last frame. This will not end well methinks...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I don't know that Jin has any right to feel disgust unless she wanted first crack at M and didn't get it. She was the one having "anaerobic" sex with (?)Allen, and keeping half the neighborhood awake.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

lake_wrangler wrote:Incidentally, I'm surprised I managed to start two daily threads in a row... Where are the usual suspects? Asleep at the computer? :P
This is the second time in a row i've had to do the "back one, forward two" thing to see the new page, and i think someone else mentioned having to on Friday, so maybe you're seeing it ahead of the rest of us.

===========

"Two damaged souls who want desperately to be together" - in at least some systems of belief that include reincarnation, there is a distinction between the soul and the person...

===============

Remember the "Silver Belle" Christmas pin-up image with Tina, that some (well, me, anyway) thought had her casting a shadow that didn't include her head?

First panel here is kinda creepy, too.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Shipper on deck.
Opus the Poet wrote:I don't know that Jin has any right to feel disgust unless she wanted first crack at M and didn't get it. She was the one having "anaerobic" sex with (?)Allen, and keeping half the neighborhood awake.
But vigorous physical enjoyment does not preclude genuine feelings for her man.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Bud: "Calls I dibs on telling Kevin!"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Apparently what we saw friday was not two demons, but the damaged souls of Jet and Monica reaching out for each other. Both scared of real trust and commitment. Both damaged by childhood trauma. Both finding what they need to truly heal. Telling Kevin is going to be tough, who gets to do it.

What will be more interesting in how these two work out their relationship and what it involves. Jet seems a lot more comfortable about being Bi then Monica is. There is also the Jaguar Girl duties that Jet will need to accept. Monica will need to accept that she will outlive Jet. Isn't this going to be fun and complex. But first they need to work on really trusting each other and talking truth.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

How could people sharing their souls not share some of their demons? I don't imagine that would break any demonic FINRA rules, or bring the Sphinx Exchange Commission down on them.

Tina may be yanking chains about Kevin, she's been known to use ploys like that to bring out deeper truths. But if this is on the level, then alcohol was bringing out the honesty in Jet too.

Which would mean someone else is right for Kevin. And I don't recall Jet being introduced to Bud.
Last edited by Yamara on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:
Nah, just busy doing other stuffs... this is a half hour before normal posting time... I just happened to check to see.
The new day's strips has been appearing a 9:30-ish (Pacific Time) ever since Daylight Saving Time ended. Either Paul is going through a major circadian-cycle disruption due to the time change, or the forum software is. ;)
Note Tina's appearance in the first frame... and Jin's look of... disgust? in the last frame. This will not end well methinks...
Not sure it's disgust... but surprise and concern? I don't think Jin had expected that particular analysis and diagnosis by Tina. Bud seems rather taken aback, too.

I certainly hadn't expected Tina to announce (and apparently be in support of) this. Tina had previously had quite a bit of opportunity to "see" Monica and Georgette during the Tar incident, and hadn't said anything of quite this depth. (Although she had said "She needs you" about Georgette... but the fact that Monica may have some deep reciprocal soul-need for Georgette is new stuff, I think).
chaotik74

Post by chaotik74 »

Riiiiiiiiight......lesbian fanservice enabled.

Hmm. Mind you, this is all assuming that "informing Kevin" means Kevin is going to get dumped, and everything Georgette said is accurate. The conveniant supernatural "verification" thus far leaves a LOT of room for interpetation.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Dave wrote:
Not sure it's disgust... but surprise and concern? I don't think Jin had expected that particular analysis and diagnosis by Tina. Bud seems rather taken aback, too.
Jin looks like she's suspecting Bud having a hand in this. But Bud plainly didn't even recognize Georgette ( you'd think MIB would be tracking Jet long before now -- which is likely what "out of the loop" Jin is wondering).
Dave wrote:I certainly hadn't expected Tina to announce (and apparently be in support of) this. Tina had previously had quite a bit of opportunity to "see" Monica and Georgette during the Tar incident, and hadn't said anything of quite this depth. (Although she had said "She needs you" about Georgette... but the fact that Monica may have some deep reciprocal soul-need for Georgette is new stuff, I think).
Tina's tack surprised me too. Though M's need for Jet isn't entirely a new idea...

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/out-of-the-blue/
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Yamara wrote:
Dave wrote:
Jin looks like she's suspecting Bud having a hand in this. But Bud plainly didn't even recognize Georgette ( you'd think MIB would be tracking Jet long before now -- which is likely what "out of the loop" Jin is wondering).
I don't read it so much as suspecting Bud had a hand in this, as much as since she has been, indeed, out of the loop, she is looking to Bud for non-verbal clues as to how to react, or some such (i.e. observing Bud's own reaction), and trying to interpret/figure out what's going on... She is also looking at Bud in the first panel, whereas Bud is looking ahead at Monica and Georgette.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

chaotik74 wrote:Hmm. Mind you, this is all assuming that "informing Kevin" means Kevin is going to get dumped, and everything Georgette said is accurate. The conveniant supernatural "verification" thus far leaves a LOT of room for interpetation.
Personally, I think "informing Kevin" might be related to "they'll unintentionally hurt anyone else who gets close to them."
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Dave wrote: The new day's strips has been appearing a 9:30-ish (Pacific Time) ever since Daylight Saving Time ended...

Daylight Saving Time must be rescinded, revoked, and abolished.

Tell your law makers...

edit for On Topic-ness to this here thread;

Me-thinks, while being a 'fasten yer seat-belts' type prelude to some upcoming hijinks, I don't think Kev is getting 86'ed...
Last edited by TazManiac on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:Personally, I think "informing Kevin" might be related to "they'll unintentionally hurt anyone else who gets close to them."
Good point. It could mean "Inform him that his relationship with Monica is over", or "Inform him that he needs to be careful, and stay aware of Monica's state of turmoil, while this little issue gets sorted out."
TazManiac wrote:
Dave wrote: The new day's strips has been appearing a 9:30-ish (Pacific Time) ever since Daylight Saving Time ended...
Daylight Saving Time must be rescinded, revoked, and abolished.

Tell your law makers...
There seems to be at least as large a cohort who feel that Standard Time is what should go... that Daylight Savings Time should be in effect year-round.

The big benefit, either way, would be getting rid of the spring-forward/fall-back transient. I heard a news article recently which asserted that there's a surge in deaths each time... concentrated among the older folks among us. Apparently, with age it becomes harder to reset your circadian rhythms, leading to an increase in drowsiness and inattention after a clock upset... more slips-and-falls, more auto accidents, etc.

I suppose it's just Fudd's First Law Of Opposition in effect... "If you push something hard enough, it will fall over." Excuse me while I go fall into bed.
Last edited by Dave on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Wanting is not the same as Should Be.

As the Ghost of Christmas Present said of the two waifs under his cape: "...and they shall always be with us - Ignorance and Want."

<Dudley Moore>"Who here wants to be a fire engine?"</Dudley Moore>
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Is Jin looking at Bud as Tina talks about telling Kevin? Have Bud and Jin had girl talk sessions?