My Warmth 2014-10-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: My Warmth 2014-10-09

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TheCollector wrote:Y'know, I can tell that even if Berdine is mad about this at first, it won't last. Just looking at Nadette's line in the first panel, and how unworried she seems, just answering in stride, I really doubt she'd let her sister be mad at Atsali, really I think she's siding with Atsali on this.
As i said - i hear Nadette giggling in the background.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

TheCollector wrote:I dunno, on the whole oh dear front, in my opinion it was not uttered in surprise, the ... after it kinda goes against that. Though I could always be wrong.
If she knew what it would be like, I doubt she would have even uttered the phrase. No, this is the moment of realization for her, the "Oh merciless hell but I could get in trouble with this" switch-click...
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

themadkansan wrote:
TheCollector wrote:I dunno, on the whole oh dear front, in my opinion it was not uttered in surprise, the ... after it kinda goes against that. Though I could always be wrong.
If she knew what it would be like, I doubt she would have even uttered the phrase. No, this is the moment of realization for her, the "Oh merciless hell but I could get in trouble with this" switch-click...
I dunno, way I read it is more like, Oh My, would you look at that. Like begrudgingly amused at it.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
TheCollector wrote:Y'know, I can tell that even if Berdine is mad about this at first, it won't last. Just looking at Nadette's line in the first panel, and how unworried she seems, just answering in stride, I really doubt she'd let her sister be mad at Atsali, really I think she's siding with Atsali on this.
As Nadette is a seer, there is a chance she saw this coming (and let her sister walk straight into it :P)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

TheCollector wrote:
themadkansan wrote:
I dunno, way I read it is more like, Oh My, would you look at that. Like begrudgingly amused at it.
If she were anything other than surprised at it, I'd expect her eyes to convey it like they do in the following panels - in the first panel she's wide-eyed in surprise, but in the next two she drops right into seductress-mode, sultry look and all.
Thor

Post by Thor »

We almost had two 15yo monstergirls making out on a beach. All we would need to do is change one of their hair to bright blue, and this would have officially become manga. :P
Last edited by Thor on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Grantwhy wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
As Nadette is a seer, there is a chance she saw this coming (and let her sister walk straight into it :P)
Seconded! Atsali's aura would have been unmistakable, and she would see it building up while Berdine kept on kickin'...
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Thor wrote:We almost had two 15yo schoolgirls making out. All we would need to do is change one of their hair to bright blue, and this would have officially become manga. :P
GET YER MIND OUTA THE GUTTER!!! (I need room too, ya bastidge!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

themadkansan wrote: If she were anything other than surprised at it, I'd expect her eyes to convey it like they do in the following panels - in the first panel she's wide-eyed in surprise, but in the next two she drops right into seductress-mode, sultry look and all.
I dunno, I felt like her eyes are like that because siren mode. They're the same way in the last panel of yesterdays comic when she starts it.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

TheCollector wrote:
themadkansan wrote: If she were anything other than surprised at it, I'd expect her eyes to convey it like they do in the following panels - in the first panel she's wide-eyed in surprise, but in the next two she drops right into seductress-mode, sultry look and all.
I dunno, I felt like her eyes are like that because siren mode. They're the same way in the last panel of yesterdays comic when she starts it.
I think the last panel of yesterday is a standard "Look Into My Eyes..." approach, beloved of hypnotists the world over... ;)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

After looking at yesterdays and today's comics i am thinking i have met a few sirens. Been a few times i later asked myself how the hell did they talk me into that? And yes i do admit there have been a few cases of me having to ask if they would please keep their boobs from staring at my eyes.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

She's being sarcastic, p sure.

Basically, she's saying that even if you're a straight girl, or a gay man, or asexual, or whatever she can make you want her.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:As i said - i hear Nadette giggling in the background.
Nadette is quite practiced at maintaining a neutral façade, so no audible giggle... but internally, she's ROTFLMAO.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Dave wrote:
themadkansan wrote:Sumpin' tells me 'Sali don't know her own strength yet... :shock: :mrgreen:
She's got the genes, no question about it.

Gonna need all the smarts, tactical thinking, maturity, and wisdom she can drum up (her own, her friends, and her entire adoptive extended family's) to figure out how to do two things at the same time: keep to her chosen set of ethics, and not have to become a nun.
With a vow of silence.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Deuce wrote:She's being sarcastic, p sure.

Basically, she's saying that even if you're a straight girl, or a gay man, or asexual, or whatever she can make you want her.
I stand by my assessment. So Nyah. :P ;) :lol:
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

I worry that this will leave scars, but really that depends on the paranormal nature, and I don't want go assuming facts not in evidence.

Not entirely happy to leave it though.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Sidhekin wrote:I worry that this will leave scars, but really that depends on the paranormal nature, and I don't want go assuming facts not in evidence.

=Life= leaves scars. Sometimes, on rare occasions, we get a chance to control the severity.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Thor wrote:We almost had two 15yo monstergirls making out on a beach. All we would need to do is change one of their hair to bright blue, and this would have officially become manga. :P

.... it only now strikes me that we have beach episodes.

<insert Homer D'oh>
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Sidhekin wrote:I worry that this will leave scars, but really that depends on the paranormal nature, and I don't want go assuming facts not in evidence.

Objectively: p much borderline sexual assault.

Subjectively: not sure how Berdine will feel other than super embarassed.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Objectively: Yeah, if even that.

Subjectively: You're more optimistic than I am.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!