My Warmth 2014-10-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Re: My Warmth 2014-10-09

Post by Atomic »

Re Jay-Em's tiny rant about the power of sex...

One day my parents put a sugar doughnut on a plate in front of me and asked who was stronger - me or the doughnut?

Many people are quick to blame their choices and actions on others, even inanimate objects. The point of the lesson was to distinguish Temptation from Enticement. The doughnut didn't have a mind-control beam flipping switches in my brain, it was just a doughnut sitting on a plate all by itself. If I wanted the doughnut, it's because I wanted it. I wanted it for my own reasons -- hunger, experience with other doughnuts, etc. Temptation is internal.

On the other hand, it my parents were there goading me on with "Try it!" and "It's so tasty -- mmm" and "You deserve it," type statements, then that would be Enticement. And, it's not the doughnut enticing you, it's them. Enticement is external.

Think of the Porky's movies, silly as they are, where J. Q. Bumbleteen has a passing conversation (of sorts) with some teen hottie who promptly and properly rejects her. And what does J. Q. conclude from this dismissal? "Heh -- she wants me!" Well, sure, he's a doofus, but that's the age and forum to do stupid stuff and learn from it.

But writ large and uncorrected, that's where rapists come from -- Temptation, not Enticement.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Atomic wrote:Re Jay-Em's tiny rant about the power of sex...

One day my parents put a sugar doughnut on a plate in front of me and asked who was stronger - me or the doughnut?
I bet the answer they wanted was NOT "I am, obviously - the doughnut can't pick me up and bite me." :twisted:
Aed

Post by Aed »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
JSStryker wrote:My goodness I hope that Atsali and Dabbler from Grrrl Power never meet! :shock:
...or Shelly and Halo...
Some how I picture Shelly and Anvil getting along (and into mischief) famously. For Halo, one needs someone powerful and nerdy, which may be Monica or possibly Calista.

Harem is the real tough match to find in the Wapsiverse -- maybe Tina. :?
illiad

Post by illiad »

Atomic:

An *intelligent* person can resist temptation... now put out a very plain slice of bread.. not many would be tempted...

now put a freshly baked aromatic chocolate cake in front of a dieter....
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Aed wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
JSStryker wrote:My goodness I hope that Atsali and Dabbler from Grrrl Power never meet! :shock:
...or Shelly and Halo...
Some how I picture Shelly and Anvil getting along (and into mischief) famously. For Halo, one needs someone powerful and nerdy, which may be Monica or possibly Calista.

Harem is the real tough match to find in the Wapsiverse -- maybe Tina. :?
For Harem? Katharine, of course - she has her outnumbered, six to five.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Thor wrote:We almost had two 15yo monstergirls making out on a beach. All we would need to do is change one of their hair to bright blue, and this would have officially become manga. :P
Don't forget the exaggerated nosebleeds being suffered by any passers-by (in this case, us).
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jay-Em wrote:[tiny rant]Still. The "Siren-thing" has always p*ssed me off to no end. To me, It's a nasty illustration of men's age-old fear of p*ssy power. As if men are wholly incapable of resisting those evil, lascivious, women.
As if men are totally helpless towards beautiful women, and thusly cannot be held responsible for rotten choices afa women, or their own lives are concerned.
Cassius had it right: "The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our starlets, but in ourselves." ;)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

hsss
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.