Everything Is Okay 2014-09-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Elvis

Re: Everything Is Okay 2014-09-29

Post by Elvis »

Next comic: Phix appears and scolds M for being loud in the library :)
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

MerchManDan wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I don't think it's a meeting, so much as random library patrons who stopped in their tracks to observe the sudden action.
Ah, that could be. I guess it didn't occur to me that the Bibliothiki would be suddenly so popular amongst the paranormal set; for some reason, in my head the place is almost empty most of the time.
I always picture it as a magically huge place existing in different dimensions (think of a few tardises welded together). It has enough place so a few thousand people can be there at the same time but not seeing each other, unless, they need* to see other people. yes, even when they are standing in front of the same book, they might not see each other, because they are there in different times.

I see the Bibliothiki as the center of l-space -> Books = Knowledge = Power = (Force x Distance^2) ÷ Time

*need is defined by the library, phix, .....
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Elvis wrote:Next comic: Phix appears and scolds M for being loud in the library :)
I think Phix would be more worried about the Astral fire and what it might do to the books than the noise. Fire is a library's worst nightmare.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Yup! She still has it. Adorkableness... :P
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

zachariah wrote:
Elvis wrote:Next comic: Phix appears and scolds M for being loud in the library :)
I think Phix would be more worried about the Astral fire and what it might do to the books than the noise. Fire is a library's worst nightmare.
They took care of that after the little issue they had with the annex at Alexandria.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

zachariah wrote:
Well, if evil demons wrote books, anyway!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
eee

Post by eee »

Now, now, Monica. Own what you do, and don't let anyone bully you if you've done nothing wrong. :lol:
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

zachariah wrote:
Nah... astral fire burns at 449 degrees Fahrenheit, so it's cool.

Drops a Bradbury first edition in the pun jar.
illiad

Post by illiad »

jwhouk was being too subtle - many books were lost in the great fire at Alexandria - now they are protected by the apos.. :)