Lands on Her Feet 2014-09-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Lands on Her Feet 2014-09-26

Post by jwhouk »

She's gone straight to PLAID!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Opus the Poet

Re: Lands on Her Feet 2014-09-26

Post by Opus the Poet »

OOhhh! Sparkly!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

"If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting..."

I wonder... if an immovable self-repairing Library infrastructure meets an irresistible high-velocity self-regenerating floor-punching Jaguar Girl, where no one is watching... does it make a noise?
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Dave wrote:"If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting..."

I wonder... if an immovable self-repairing Library infrastructure meets an irresistible high-velocity self-regenerating floor-punching Jaguar Girl, where no one is watching... does it make a noise?
No. The floor-punching force is offset by the infrastructure quickly enough to create enough vacuum in which it could be said, "In the Library, no one can hear you scream."
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

She's been practicing her landings.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Dave wrote:I wonder... if an immovable self-repairing Library infrastructure meets an irresistible high-velocity self-regenerating floor-punching Jaguar Girl, where no one is watching... does it make a noise?
I wonder ... how far the chips will fly and what becomes of them? Do they evaporate from wounds? What about any dirt that was on them? Is there dirt in the Library?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Aed

Post by Aed »

jwhouk wrote:She's gone straight to PLAID!
Indeed - Ludicrous Speed!
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Monica just arrived at the ground floor.

Too bad Castela, Dietzel, and the spider stopped on 117. Wonder if Monica can backtrack that fast.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Monica, I hate to tell you this....but thats Dietzel on the sole of your shoe. :lol:
All seriousness aside, whats the point of watching Monica prove shes "Faster than a speeding bullet"?
Although it was well executed.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Would someone please remind the nice lady that she can teleport?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thor wrote:Would someone please remind the nice lady that she can teleport?
I think I recall it being stated previously that Monica can only poit to locations she's visited before. She might not have been able to poit down to the bottom of the Library if she hadn't been there in person.

A similar limitation might be why she didn't poit directly to where Calista and Dietzel were, after Shelly mentioned them... she didn't know where they were, and had to go hunt them down the old-fashioned way.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:
I think I recall it being stated previously that Monica can only poit to locations she's visited before. She might not have been able to poit down to the bottom of the Library if she hadn't been there in person.

A similar limitation might be why she didn't poit directly to where Calista and Dietzel were, after Shelly mentioned them... she didn't know where they were, and had to go hunt them down the old-fashioned way.
The Library ought to have a locator system.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Dave wrote:
Monica is more capable than that. She can apparently poit to coordinates (the series where she and Jin were trying to locate a new location to hang out for sun & fun, doubt she ever got to any of those by ship). individuals, she poited Tepoz from the shower to her hand for interogation once. And Nudge into the volcano (though Nudge's fear may have supplied the coordinates for that).
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

i hope she just landed on her feet as the title suggests and not on our three friends.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

My2Cents wrote:Monica just arrived at the ground floor.

Too bad Castela, Dietzel, and the spider stopped on 117.
D'OOH!!
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Could there be a face off between Dietzel and M in the future? What will become of the little Fae? Will the spider run for cover? For the answers to these and other exciting questions tune in Sunday night for another exciting episode of Waspi Square, brought to you by Friends of the Fae.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

My2Cents wrote:
Dave wrote:
Monica is more capable than that. She can apparently poit to coordinates (the series where she and Jin were trying to locate a new location to hang out for sun & fun, doubt she ever got to any of those by ship). individuals, she poited Tepoz from the shower to her hand for interogation once. And Nudge into the volcano (though Nudge's fear may have supplied the coordinates for that).
...and Bud into Kevin's bed. (Though, come to think, that would fall under the "places she's already been" rubric, i guess.)
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
illiad

Post by illiad »

My2Cents wrote:Monica just arrived at the ground floor.

Too bad Castela, Dietzel, and the spider stopped on 117. Wonder if Monica can backtrack that fast.
and you know that??? next page, "where are you, Dietzel-do ???" :) :)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

My2Cents wrote:
Dave wrote:
When she and Jin were looking for an island, they discussed whether to do a series of low altitude jumps, so they can see the next low altitude spot to jump to, or use satellite images to see where to jump to.

She may have some sort of homing beacon type ability, whereas she thinks of someone and can poit that someone to her location (she was thinking of Kevin, when she poited him to her bed). Either that, or she could have tried poiting him from several places he was likely to be, until she found the right spot. She has probably seen Kevin's bedroom, which is how she poited him back, along with Bud.

Nudge's fear was lava. She knew where to find the volcano, having been there before, so it was easy to poit her there.
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

oldmanmickey wrote:Could there be a face off between Dietzel and M in the future? What will become of the little Fae? Will the spider run for cover?
and what about...Naomi???
For the answers to these and other exciting questions tune in Sunday night for another exciting episode of Waspi Square, brought to you by Friends of the Fae.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!