Let Me Go 2014-09-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: Let Me Go 2014-09-10

Post by Dave »

eee wrote:
Skruddgemire wrote:Are you my mummy?
GAH, don't do that! Creepiest Doctor Who episode, EVER! Even the blankety blank stone angels weren't THAT scary! :shock:
Yeah... the Empty Child was a nightmare-inducer for sure ...

... and it lead, quite directly, to what may have been the happiest single moment in The Doctor's very long life.
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

eee wrote:I join in the belief these are Cricket's demons. They have odd forms, though: shapely adult women, and gas masks. Georgette's demons look like her, and Monica's demons are all over the map. I wonder what molded Calista's demons into this shape?
Most of the demons that we've seen have been shaped based on the life experiences of the people they belong to. M's, Georgette's lives have been largely shaped by themselves. Granted other factors have been at work but largely they are reflections of their lives as they directed them.

Castella's life has been in the hands of others since day one. She' been protected from others that may want to take her to gain control of the royal family (a concern that all royal families have) and she's been isolated as a result. Likely the only thing she ever saw were people who were her captors. The guards, the staff, and everyone whose job it was to keep her safe and cared for.

After all, a gilded cage is still a cage.

So since her life has been shaped by others, the demons may be a reflection of that.
GAH, don't do that! Creepiest Doctor Who episode, EVER! Even the blankety blank stone angels weren't THAT scary! :shock:
Hehhehhehhehheh!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

eee wrote:
...and they were both written by the guy who's running the show now.

Actually - that ten or fifteen second montage of every stone angel in Cardiff at the end was possibly the creepiest MOMENT ever...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.