Hair Did 2014-09-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Catawampus

Re: Hair Did 2014-09-02

Post by Catawampus »

My own hair is getting a tad unkempt. I wonder if Atsali makes house calls?
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I didn't know what lox (brined salmon)_ was, and they didn't know what LOX (liquid oxygen) was, or NASA-speak, so none of us individually grasped what was supposed to be funny (in a song about the offerings of a kosher deli) about the line "...the lox puts you in orbit A-OK..."
I wonder how effective liquified salmon would be as a rocket fuel, though.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Catawampus wrote:My own hair is getting a tad unkempt. I wonder if Atsali makes house calls?
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I didn't know what lox (brined salmon)_ was, and they didn't know what LOX (liquid oxygen) was, or NASA-speak, so none of us individually grasped what was supposed to be funny (in a song about the offerings of a kosher deli) about the line "...the lox puts you in orbit A-OK..."

Probably better than salami.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Catawampus wrote:My own hair is getting a tad unkempt. I wonder if Atsali makes house calls?
Probably better than salami.
I do not wish to know... Some things are best left unexamined.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

My initial take would be there is more inherent caloric value in Salami than in Fish Flesh/Salmon. (Mmmm, sake.... < insert Homer Simpson drooling >.

Also, there is a higher water content to Salmon, which, unless you are really ramping up the combustion temp, is only useful as a heat transfer medium and reaction mass. ('Heavy' Fuel is less than optimal.)

Rocket Science, it's eeeeezy, it's Navigation Calculations thats a Drag. "Show yer Work..." grrr. Just let me hit my target.

Dammit Jim, I'm a Pilot, Not an Astrogator!

[Spell-Checker back on line! whoo-hoo!]
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

Catawampus wrote:I wonder how effective liquified salmon would be as a rocket fuel, though.
After a bit of experimentation, I found it to be very effective...but only if you're firing your rocket upstream...