Oops 2014-08-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Re: Oops 2014-08-20

Post by shadowinthelight »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I wanna see Jet's reaction to Phix's riddle...
No answer, instead she challenges Phix to a rib eating contest.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Thoughtweaver

Post by Thoughtweaver »

My2Cents wrote:Part of what Guidance needs to tell her is how common paranormals are, which seems to be fairly common in that area.

Be great if Guidance can direct her to a tavern that is a popular hangout for some of the paranormals of similar entertainment preferences as her. Some drinking, a little bar fight for fun, and some new bosom buddies with unusual capabilities. And a place she can go where the Paparazzi would definitely be unwelcome.
Kinda like The Cerberus Club that the GGs, Monica, Shelly, etc. occasionally visit? I tried going through the Archives, but it's 2 AM here and all I found was http://wapsisquare.com/comic/cerberus-night/. I'm sure one of the real Archive hunters would be more than happy to remedy my lack of finding something more. :)
scantrontb wrote:OOH!!... as i was typing this, i thought up another wacky angle... what happens now that Jet can SEE her OWN (and possibly OTHER persons) Personal Demons?!... what if she goes back to her agency and see's all the other models and their handlers person demons? how will she react, how will THEY react? yeah, i foresee a visit by The MIB in Georgette's near future...
That would only happen if those in her office were paranormals for being able to see Jet's demons, but unless she's turned into a Paranormal herself Jet shouldn't be able to see other people's demons...at least from what I can recall of how this is all works. Now, I've no doubt at least a few of those in her modeling agency are paras, but still...okay, that's it. Time for bed, I just lost my last train of thought for the night.
"If you are going to kill me, then do so. Otherwise I have considerable work to do." Lennier - assistant to Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Yeah, it's the small, quiet ones...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:
But if Phix provides the ribs...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

BruceBergman wrote:Guidance or Monica will have to tell Georgette eventually - Might get the "Introduction to Paranormals 101" Lecture over with now, get the freak out of her system now.

Then clue her in to a few she may already know like Tina the Barista, and the light bulb goes on. It explains the odd things she sees and hears weren't her imagination...
Actually Georgette already knows something about paranormals. The way she asked indicates that. She didn't ask what are paranormals, she asked if it was something she had to worry about! After Tina and Monica it was pretty clear there were other things in the world than just humans. She does know much but she does know that. SO Guidance's remark about the others made her realize there was more to it than just Tina and Monica. So now she gets to find out what is behind door number one. The one that got picked for her.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
eee

Post by eee »

Better sit down, Jet. This could take a while.

And we don't find out about the mischievous little doggie...
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

man those rabbit holes sneak up on you every now and then, but this rabbit hole grabbed jet by her ankles and is pulling her down while its on a jet ski and singing the beach boys song..
Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go?
Jamaica

Off the Florida Keys
There's a place called the rabbit hole
That's where you wanna go
To get away from it all

Bodies in the sand
Tropical drink melting in your hand
We'll be falling in love
To the rhythm of a steel drum band
Down to the rabbit hole

To Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Ooh I wanna take you down the rabbit hole

We'll get there fast
And then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go
Way down the rabbit hole

To Martinique, that Montserrat mystique

We'll put out to sea
And we'll perfect our chemistry
By and by we'll defy
A little bit of gravity

Afternoon delight
Cocktails and moonlit nights
That dreamy look in your eye
Give me a tropical contact high
Way down the rabbit hole

Ooh I wanna take you down to the rabbit hole

We'll get there fast
That's where we wanna go
Way down to the rabbit hole

Port-au-Prince, I wanna catch a glimpse

Everybody knows
A little place like the rabbit hole
Now if you wanna go
And get away from it all
Go down to the rabbit hole

Ooh I wanna take you down the rabbit hole

We'll get there fast
That's where we wanna go
Way down the rabbit hole

Ooh I wanna take you down to the rabbit hole

yes , yes i know its bad but it fits the bill of sorts.. /hand the pun jar gold plated 100 karats cpu chipset of midas touch
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

We've got Guidance and the Pup. What other weirdos from the Id are now running around loose where Jet can see them?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, there's probably Jet's version of Innocence... a really skeletal demon everybody calls Anna Rexia. She just wanders around saying "It's not my fault... it's not my fault..."

Anger might be showing up occasionally. Considering how Jet seems to dislike and resent at least of what being a supermodel requires and implies, Anger may have some talkin' to do in Jet's now-externalized internal conversations.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

kingklash wrote:We've got Guidance and the Pup. What other weirdos from the Id are now running around loose where Jet can see them?
We got a little look at the group/covy/inmates here: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/demon-shepherd/ Quite a crowd. A few even seem to have shapely, human-like bodies.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Thoughtweaver wrote: Kinda like The Cerberus Club that the GGs, Monica, Shelly, etc. occasionally visit? I tried going through the Archives, but it's 2 AM here and all I found was http://wapsisquare.com/comic/cerberus-night/. I'm sure one of the real Archive hunters would be more than happy to remedy my lack of finding something more. :)
The start of the Cerberus introduction and, in my opinion, the two stripsthat give the clues to the nature of the club.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
The McMutton Rib combo, perhaps?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Aed

Post by Aed »

Atomic wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote: No answer, instead she challenges Phix to a rib eating contest.
The McMutton Rib combo, perhaps?
I don't think that either Jet of Phix would fool around with ribs so they'd probably get them from Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbeque.

***Warning: Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbeque is so good that it is NSFW (Not Safe For Wallet). One bite and you'll want to try it all -- repeatedly. Very good with beer ***

:lol:
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:Well, there's probably Jet's version of Innocence... a really skeletal demon everybody calls Anna Rexia. She just wanders around saying "It's not my fault... it's not my fault..."
Remember - Jet most emphatically does not have an eating disorder. She can match Monica plateful for plateful but never gains weight.

(And she is not bulimic, either.}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dave wrote:Well, there's probably Jet's version of Innocence... a really skeletal demon everybody calls Anna Rexia. She just wanders around saying "It's not my fault... it's not my fault..."
Remember - Jet most emphatically does not have an eating disorder. She can match Monica plateful for plateful but never gains weight.

(And she is not bulimic, either.}
And that's precisely why anorexia is innocent! :-) Everybody starts out blaming her, but it's not her fault at all.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Thoughtweaver wrote:Kinda like The Cerberus Club that the GGs, Monica, Shelly, etc. occasionally visit? I tried going through the Archives, but it's 2 AM here and all I found was http://wapsisquare.com/comic/cerberus-night/. I'm sure one of the real Archive hunters would be more than happy to remedy my lack of finding something more. :)
I'd like to see the Cerberus Club again myself.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I notice a theme: is the reason why neither M nor Jet gain weight when they eat due to their demon hordes?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Wyvern wrote:
Thoughtweaver wrote:Kinda like The Cerberus Club that the GGs, Monica, Shelly, etc. occasionally visit? I tried going through the Archives, but it's 2 AM here and all I found was http://wapsisquare.com/comic/cerberus-night/. I'm sure one of the real Archive hunters would be more than happy to remedy my lack of finding something more. :)
I'd like to see the Cerberus Club again myself.
Hopefully they've made repairs since all the girls and Jin last visited the place...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:Hopefully they've made repairs since all the girls and Jin last visited the place...
For all we know, they've cut a deal with the contractor who built the Library, and have had the self-repairing-walls feature added.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Aed wrote:Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbeque.

***Warning: Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbeque is so good that it is NSFW (Not Safe For Wallet). One bite and you'll want to try it all -- repeatedly. Very good with beer ***

:lol:
http://www.jackstackbbq.com/shipping/a/5/

They Deliver to all 50 States!, but then my local guys cant find out...

OK, here we go: Cricket, Monica, Shelly, Atsali, and Georgette are walking abreast down the sidewalk...