Deserved It 2014-08-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Deserved It 2014-08-06

Post by jwhouk »

The reveal...

EDIT: I see something in all of that exposition by Calista... "Humans found sentient Blackthorn." Why does that have "Lanthian" all over it?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Re: Deserved It 2014-08-06

Post by shadowinthelight »

Who called "unseelie" in the last thread? Give them a cookie. Image
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

OK they can tell Castela she killed in self-defense even though she didn't know she was under attack? That's some really twisted logic there...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
B_Rud

Post by B_Rud »

Perhaps Calista could have omitted that last bit.
Dave

Post by Dave »

So... a real killing, but (in retrospect) justifiable self-defense. Pickle's conclusion about the Fae she killed turns out to have been correct, even though she was lacking a great deal of information.

Not the worst outcome for her peace of mind... but probably not a habit she should adopt.
Aed

Post by Aed »

Nicely handled. However, if one attempt was made on Castela's life, others will probably follow. I can't see the Unseelie giving up after one failed attempt especially if they lost one of their agents in the operation.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

"They damn well deserved it"? Thats a heck of a thing to tell Pickle, even if its true. I just hope Castela doesn't take that to heart and think its O.K. to "OFF" anyone who deserves it. Maybe the M.I.B. in this story have that "Flashy-Thingy" and Castela can just 'forget' the killing. I hope this brings Cricket and Pickle some closure and peace. WELL, we'll see what comes tomorrow.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Aed wrote:Nicely handled. However, if one attempt was made on Castela's life, others will probably follow. I can't see the Unseelie giving up after one failed attempt especially if they lost one of their agents in the operation.
I can't see them giving up either, unless the fact that infant Castela offed their agent herself made them hesitate.

Castela would be the one to hesitate now. She is going to need some protection, another job for MIB. Given the power level of unseeli/fae that may require Shelly or Bud. Shelly would be fun, because that brings along Connie, who needs some civilizing too.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex_Machina

ex machina, Deus

(I waaas going w/ MacGuffin...)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Is Cricket telling Castela the truth ... or lying to make her feel better?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

TheDOCTOR wrote:"They damn well deserved it"? Thats a heck of a thing to tell Pickle, even if its true. I just hope Castela doesn't take that to heart and think its O.K. to "OFF" anyone who deserves it. Maybe the M.I.B. in this story have that "Flashy-Thingy" and Castela can just 'forget' the killing. I hope this brings Cricket and Pickle some closure and peace. WELL, we'll see what comes tomorrow.
Well there is this: http://www.wavlist.com/movies/250/tl-killed.wav
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
elanora

Post by elanora »

Aed wrote:Nicely handled. However, if one attempt was made on Castela's life, others will probably follow. I can't see the Unseelie giving up after one failed attempt especially if they lost one of their agents in the operation.
I actually think that losing an agent would make them more likely to give up, especially if it was a good one. Smart leaders know when to cut their losses, and it doesn't make sense to keep throwing personnel down a pit.
If they grossly underestimated her the first time, or went in casually, then a second try makes sense, but if they went in with what they thought was a good effort, then they'd be right to say "once burned twice shy". Immortals tend to take danger more seriously; after all, all they have to do to live forever is not get killed.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

It would seem "damned well deserved it" would be in the point of view. I seriously doubt the Unseelie clan saw the killing as being deserved. We don't know yet if the Unseelie are really bad or good. They may just be fighting for their survival against what they see as an enemy clan. The Unseelie, no doubt, have their own set of royalty and everything. Cricket's clan may be waging war on them as well. It does seem, however, that the Fae DO have a weapon against a being like Castela. Poison. She better watch what she eats from now on. The whole family better. The little bugs may not think anything of poisoning the whole family just to get to Castela. Perhaps now She might welcome Seelie clan agents around her to watch over her and the others. On the other hand, with protectors like Jaguar Girl and Shellinx, the Unseelies may figure the risks aren't worth it. One wrong move and swift and final retribution could come down on the whole Unseelie clan. Which could happen. After all we've already seen one entire group/race of people wiped out through the actions of Bad Brandi.

In any event I think we need to hear from the Unseelie side before rushing to judgement. Like other beings we have met in the Wapsiverse, we may find they are not all as bad as they have been made out to be. After all, we are told sphinxes killing and eating each other is just a part of their "culture." Neither good nor bad. It just "is." Even our lovable Shelly has joined in to that bloody ritual (no going back to human for her now). Not to mention reformed mass killers like the Golem Girls or the two vampires. If they can be considered OK despite their past actions, so can the Unseelie. And so can the things the Unseelie do whether others like it or not.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

This is a nice exposition dump for us, but I think Cricket's pitching it over the head of a six year old.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Wyvern wrote:This is a nice exposition dump for us, but I think Cricket's pitching it over the head of a six year old.
Sometimes, ya gotta do what you gotta do.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
chaotik74

Post by chaotik74 »

pffft..how utterly conveniant.

remember when this comic had actual storylines and characters instead of a "whatsis of the week" where uberpowered entities take turns impressing each other?

now all we need is for the blackthorn to have an age spurt and sprout a huge set of knockers.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

The thing one has to remember about the fae is that it can be very hard to tell the difference between 'good' and 'bad' from a human standpoint, and even the 'good' ones could be very bad for the person that encountered them. Which is why one was well advised to avoid meeting them in the first place.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Ay, the "Unseelie" I know enough of our European folklore to be very alarmed if they are involved. And for those that want an easy digestible piece about the bad news the Fae cán be there's this: http://io9.com/the-biggest-reasons-why- ... -510180209

By the by, "Unseelie" sounds to my Dutch ears like "on-ziel" (lit. un/no-soul)
Last edited by Jay-Em on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

chaotik74 wrote:pffft..how utterly conveniant.

remember when this comic had actual storylines and characters instead of a "whatsis of the week" where uberpowered entities take turns impressing each other?

now all we need is for the blackthorn to have an age spurt and sprout a huge set of knockers.
Hey - am i forcing you to rear the comic? Is Dave? Is Shadowinthelight?

Is Paul forcing you to read it?

If nobody's forcing you to read the comic, and you don't like where it's going ... Door. Butt.

Bye-bye
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

chaotik74 wrote:pffft..how utterly conveniant.

Uhm.. yeah, uhm, that's just, like, Your opinion, man..

Luckily for You, there are more comics on the web.. whaddaya know.. (and uhm, it's "conveniEnt" ) You won't be missed. 8 posts, and all dripping with vinegar and disdain.... odd..
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)