Castel Enora Gilchrist 2014-07-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: Castel Enora Gilchrist 2014-07-31

Post by illiad »

jwhouk wrote:This isn't a gossamer for one important reason: Cricket has no idea what Castela's name is (and definitely NOT her full name!)
ehhhhh. I dont think she had much of a chance to tell her... others just too frightened to speak!!!! :P :o :shock:
as363

Post by as363 »

Very nice to see Dr.G again. With what she went through - she can handle anything now.

( 5 edits for "Stupid Fingers)
what

Post by what »

Kath is aware her daughters live a world of predators ..... she would allow no compulsion other than love to control her children.

That "be still" is a stop moving and listen closely because I am your mother and no one loves you more than I do but I will paddle your bottom so hard you will be able to use your ass as a canoe for a week.
Radical_Knight

Post by Radical_Knight »

Yeesh!!! All three names. Big time Whoopsie!!!
Memories die hard long after reality has turned to dust.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Meanwhile, Jessie has gone back to chanting, "oh-shit" over and over.....
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

jwhouk wrote:
zachariah wrote:She might. Obviously the Fae have kept tabs on her somewhat, they would not forget about the potential hazard Pickle could represent. Cricket was told about Pickle just didn't expect to run into her at the school. It is very possible the orphanage notified the Fae when Pickle was adopted. If they did the new name was provided. Crickets mother must have passed some of the information along, or Cricket found it out for herself.
This is Wapsi Square, not Buffy the Vampire Slayer. No epileptic trees.
Agreed but Cricket does know something about Pickle. There is a connection to the Fae. It is possible she knew Pickles name. Anything is pure speculation, like most of the topics and discussions on the forum. After all we have a really poor record of guessing where Paul is headed.
But if someone was really in a hurry to stop pickle they would call in Kathy, or something to look and sound like her.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

kingklash wrote:Meanwhile, Jessie has gone back to chanting, "oh-shit" over and over.....
She's become a Barbie doll with only one phrase when you pull the string.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

kingklash wrote:Meanwhile, Jessie has gone back to chanting, "oh-shit" over and over.....
Bonus points if Cricket is now hiding behind them. :lol:
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, she sorta has justification.

Level 1: an angry, offended Fae (is this redundant?), dangerous by definition
Level 2: a furious Whatsit, who can't be harmed by Fae and is capable of killing Fae (and has done so).
Level 3: an angry Mama Bear, capable of completely squelching the fury of (2) with a few words and a stern glare.

I'm not sure I'd be chanting "oh-shit". I think I might be quietly attempting to dissolve into liquid and sink between cracks in the floor while all-of-the-above weren't looking in my direction. Hanging around this incident would feel a lot like being an observer at the Castle Bravo test... very much Too Much Excitement, and a terrible lack of adequate Personal Protective Equipment.
sheik

Post by sheik »

Dave wrote:
Well, she sorta has justification.

Level 1: an angry, offended Fae (is this redundant?), dangerous by definition
Level 2: a furious Whatsit, who can't be harmed by Fae and is capable of killing Fae (and has done so).
Level 3: an angry Mama Bear, capable of completely squelching the fury of (2) with a few words and a stern glare.

I'm not sure I'd be chanting "oh-shit". I think I might be quietly attempting to dissolve into liquid and sink between cracks in the floor while all-of-the-above weren't looking in my direction. Hanging around this incident would feel a lot like being an observer at the Castle Bravo test... very much Too Much Excitement, and a terrible lack of adequate Personal Protective Equipment.
Here's to hoping the Tuna take this as an object lesson in observing the fine art of Civility and no more of this Us vs Them bull.
Perhaps even they will notice that a Fae Princess is doing the same and take it as a cue to Life in General.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Simplest theory for what just happened.
  1. Kathryn knows Calista's past history, probably as part of the adoption process.
  2. When Monica 'poited' out she went to see Kathryn (probably directly, it helps to have a basement office where no one ever goes to poit to) to tell her that Atsali had not only met and befriended the Fae, but also volunteered to help socialize her (points for Atsali).
  3. Ending with:
    Monica: "But I had to leave quick because Castela was coming ..."
    Kathryn: [interrupting] "OhMyGod! Get me there quick! Castela kills Fae!"
  4. Monica and Kathryn appear just off stage and the scene ensues.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Poor girl is going to be afraid to get within 100 meters of Atsali and Castela from here out...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:
Poor girl is going to be afraid to get within 100 meters of Atsali and Castela from here out...
On the other hand, she could do a lot worse than to wait until things calm down a bit (ok, well, calm down a lot), then wait 'till she sees Atsali off by herself and say "Hey, nerd... are you OK?"

When greatly outclassed, offering an explicit yet graceful olive branch could be wise.
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

My2Cents wrote:Simplest theory for what just happened.
  1. Kathryn knows Calista's past history, probably as part of the adoption process.
  2. When Monica 'poited' out she went to see Kathryn (probably directly, it helps to have a basement office where no one ever goes to poit to) to tell her that Atsali had not only met and befriended the Fae, but also volunteered to help socialize her (points for Atsali).
  3. Ending with:
    Monica: "But I had to leave quick because Castela was coming ..."
    Kathryn: [interrupting] "OhMyGod! Get me there quick! Castela kills Fae!"
  4. Monica and Kathryn appear just off stage and the scene ensues.
I think you nailed it. This makes complete sense. Of course, we'll just have to see, won't we?
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

I have to point out that Castela quite literally "pulled herself back together" in record time there...

Still thinking about yesterday... Sounds like someone botched her extraction pretty badly. Taking a kid away from those it loves without making it hate you can be difficult even in abusive situations, since that's what they consider normal and they may still have the emotional attachment even with all the complicating baggage. It isn't clear yet that she actually needed rescuing, rather than the fae demanding the experiment be stopped for their own reasons... and it *is* clear that they could have managed that transition better, by getting the "parents" to work with them on transferring her to her new home. It sounds as if the supernaturals treated her as a pawn at least as much as the humans did, maybe more so.

Whoever made the arrangements owes an apology to the family of the fae she lashed out at. (And it sounds like she'll want to apologize herself, when she's older... though if the one she squished was one of those who did that do her, it's harder to be sympathetic.)

... Children are savages. Teenagers have brains (and bodies) that are literally rebuilding themselves. What's adults' excuse?
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Game OVER, Man!....
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

As I've been considering questions for the WS Quiz elsewhere on these fine boards, I realize now that it really is a good thing that Kath has experienced The Library well before her adoption of these two. And whoever/however she ended up as a AFB (Air Force Brat) made a good decision in that method as well, since she sincerely does not take fecal matter from anyone - let alone a child of hers who doesn't produce fecal matter (at least that we know of).
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

jwhouk wrote:This is Wapsi Square, not Buffy the Vampire Slayer. No epileptic trees.
This is an internet forum. Such fertile ground for epileptic trees that they spontaneously generate.
cmdrpowers wrote:I think you nailed it. This makes complete sense.
So it's definitely incorrect. :P
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote:
cmdrpowers wrote:I think you nailed it. This makes complete sense.
So it's definitely incorrect. :P
Then again...

Since it makes, sense, it diminishes the chances that it is what's going to happen... However, since we know that, it actually increases the chances that Paul would use that line of thinking, just to throw us off track, since we didn't expect it to happen, given that it was too reasonable an explanation...

Then again...

Since it makes sense for Paul to use that line of thinking, since we wouldn't expect him to use something that makes sense, he probably won't use it...

Then again...
DoctorOverlord

Post by DoctorOverlord »

Is it wrong that I found Katherine incredibly hot in her panel?

Talk about sexy when angry :!: