Forget I Said Anything 2014-07-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
kingklash

Re: Forget I Said Anything 2014-07-16

Post by kingklash »

Wdot wrote:Umm. Careful there, Phix, remember the lava bath Nudge got! ;) Monica is easily "manipulated" into doing the right thing because she WANTS to do the right thing, but unfortunately she has a temper and has esteem issues. Luckily her friends for the most part are essentially immortal and understanding. Monica is also really young compared to most of her friends by a large order of magnitude; she has a long time to go to get to the outlook of the other supernaturals in many respects. The important thing is she does the right thing.
That's assuming that Phix's fear would be something potentially dangerous. it could be as simple-plain as being trapped in the Library with no egress again, with a horde of Nudges, and no one else.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Wdot wrote:Umm. Careful there, Phix, remember the lava bath Nudge got! ;)
I suspect the "Can't harm Phix in the Library" applies to poiting her out of it with malicious intent.

Remember - the Library is apparently sentient, and pretty powerful in its own right.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
sheik

Post by sheik »

Poor Monica is just going to have to tough out being manipulated by her elders until she can catch on to their tricks.
In the meantime, thanks to their good intentions, she's compiling a huge amount of experience in a very short time.
I'm sure she will catch up in a few hundred years or so.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

sheik wrote:Poor Monica is just going to have to tough out being manipulated by her elders until she can catch on to their tricks.
"I know exactly what you're trying to do to me, Phix, and dammit, it's working!"
Julie

Post by Julie »

Aleister Crow wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Aww, Phix is playing 'Mind Games'. I LIKE it. However Deep down I think Monica wants to help this kid.

I'm sure she does. But a fear of trying and failing to help the kid runs even deeper. "I'm too fucked up to be responsible. I'll just make things worse." Her friends have far more confidence in her than she does in herself.

is self-pity one of her demons? Or is that part of Doubt's repertoire?
I'm thinking that her issue with this is not being asked if it's something she'd like to do and then feeling like she's being manipulated into doing it. People tend to be more accepting of duties and responsibilities if they are consulted about them instead of just being told they have an assignment, even when the assignment is palatable or in their wheelhouse.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."