Heard This Before 2014-07-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Heard This Before 2014-07-15

Post by AmriloJim »

Monica with a mirror image of Calista's attitude?

(Trying to decide what would reflect well in the Pun Jar's eyes....)
Mark N

Re: Heard This Before 2014-07-15

Post by Mark N »

This is just going to get better and better. Here I was thinking that Atsali was the Monica of her group and it turns out to be Calista after all.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

And who would you have wanted to be, Ms Smoking Mirror?

Carrying moonbeams home in a jar is not always an option.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

It all boils down to it takes one to know one. I sense much facepalming in the future.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I could see Monica saying to Cricket: "You know Louie, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship". (As they walk off into the fog) :D
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

PS: Queen Foxglove, aka Dame Not Appearing In This Film.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Was is Phix who suggested Monica to Queen Foxglove?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Yamara wrote:And who would you have wanted to be, Ms Smoking Mirror?

Carrying moonbeams home in a jar is not always an option.
Or would you rather be a fish?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Well, they both occupy rather short positions in relation to their relative status amongst their respective circles.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Um... Monica? I'm pretty sure that Phix is on your side... Never say fuck you to someone who likes to play face off... (I would have figured she'd have learned that by now...)
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I think Phix is enjoying this a bit too much.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
eee

Post by eee »

Oh snap!

Although I did somewhat expect something like this. Both Monica and Cricket had unhappy childhoods, both NEED the comfort and support of friends, and both are facing destinies not of their choosing. I suspect they're going to hit it off fairly well, in time. As long as Monica doesn't have to squish her.

(And on that, I'd hope Cricket has enough gumption, even in the face of the Jaguar Girl's intimidation, to demand to have the rules spelled out. If a kid calls her 'Jiminy', does she have to take it or can she still deck him? If somebody messes with Atsali or the Bruin sisters, obviously gossamer duplicate humiliation is out, but how far can she go, otherwise? If Euryale gets her in a killer hug - as seems destined to happen - what can she do? Can she shrink down and fly off as fast as possible, or does she have to smother? What is still acceptable in terms of her behavior, or does she have to be Polly Perfect? Which, given what we know of her, isn't going to last long...)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

DilyV wrote:Um... Monica? I'm pretty sure that Phix is on your side... Never say fuck you to someone who likes to play face off... (I would have figured she'd have learned that by now...)
In Jaguar form, Monica plays a mean game of face-off herself. And the last time Phix tried to play, she got smacked.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Monica's and Cricket's complaints are very common. Who has not at some time looked in the mirror and felt that life pushed you into something you are not really happy with. Most of us think we could have been something else than what we became. We all have regrets about paths not taken, or paths denied us for one reason or another. Monica just got leaned on harder by fate than others. Cricket seems to be in the same boat. Both resent what life handed them for one reason or another. This doesn't make them sisters, or special bonds, but it does provide a basis of understanding. Monica is old enough to mentor Cricket about this. But Monica is a poor choice for helping someone to accept their path in life. Monica fougth accepting hers to the bitter end. She still doesn't really want to fully accept who and what she is so how is she gonna effectively help Cricket accept her path?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

shadowinthelight wrote:It all boils down to it takes one to know one. I sense much facepalming in the future.
My first thought:
  • - Sometimes, helping others is the best way to help yourself.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Moni has to play conscience to Cricket?
Give a little whistle.....
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Cricket is gonna call HER "Jiminy"?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
illiad

Post by illiad »

eee wrote:Oh snap!

Although I did somewhat expect something like this. Both Monica and Cricket had unhappy childhoods, both NEED the comfort and support of friends, and both are facing destinies not of their choosing. I suspect they're going to hit it off fairly well, in time. As long as Monica doesn't have to squish her.

(And on that, I'd hope Cricket has enough gumption, even in the face of the Jaguar Girl's intimidation, to demand to have the rules spelled out. If a kid calls her 'Jiminy', does she have to take it or can she still deck him? If somebody messes with Atsali or the Bruin sisters, obviously gossamer duplicate humiliation is out, but how far can she go, otherwise? If Euryale gets her in a killer hug - as seems destined to happen - what can she do? Can she shrink down and fly off as fast as possible, or does she have to smother? What is still acceptable in terms of her behavior, or does she have to be Polly Perfect? Which, given what we know of her, isn't going to last long...)
I think the *good* part is she now has *real* friends... so she can tough it out until they say "hey, £$%£! :x are you insulting our friend??? gimme one reason why we wont let her loose on you!!! :x "
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Cricket is gonna call HER "Jiminy"?
Doubtful. Probably only "Yes, Ma'am" and "No Ma'am" for the first few weeks until the terror and awe wears off.

After that it may get interesting. Fortunately she has already used up 'Jugs' on Atsali, so she may not make that mistake.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

zachariah wrote:But Monica is a poor choice for helping someone to accept their path in life.
Maybe so, but who else is there?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)