Glad To Leave 2014-07-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Aed

Glad To Leave 2014-07-02

Post by Aed »

The most laid back girls. Um, except for the occasional adventure. :D
My2Cents

Re: Glad To Leave 2014-07-02

Post by My2Cents »

Can't wait until Calista meets Atsali's aunts. Bet she will think that Atsali's 'cool'.

I'll also bet that Nudge, and Phix, will know all her prior school history. She's a kid, so you know she has to be leaving some things out, like an expulsion.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

"Golly tamale"? Atsali should watch her gosh darn mouth. :)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"By the way, I can rip a man in half without thinking, my Mom is six people, my Tanta eats her own kind, my Aunt can regenerate because my other Aunt stabbed her in the head, and my Baby Sister runs with scissors with impunity!"
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

"GOLLY TAMALE" Atsali? This is starting to look like an All Female Happy Days episode. Cricket is "The FONZ" ( or 'Jo' from The Facts of Life).
Cricket looks as though she kinda feels bad about moving to Wapsi. But I'm sure Atasli and 'Da Goils' will make Cricket feel right at home.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

kingklash wrote:"By the way, I can rip a man in half without thinking, my Mom is six people, my Tanta eats her own kind, my Aunt can regenerate because my other Aunt stabbed her in the head, and my Baby Sister stabs herself in the head and throat with scissors with impunity!"
FTFY
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Cricket looks as though she kinda feels bad about moving to Wapsi. But I'm sure Atasli and 'Da Goils' will make Cricket feel right at home.
I'm getting more of a sense of weariness from her in the last panel... as though she's been maintaining that brash in-your-face front for some time out of necessity, and wonders what it might be like to not have to do so.

I'm gonna guess that Cricket hasn't found it easy to let her guard down, and trust anybody.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Dave wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Cricket looks as though she kinda feels bad about moving to Wapsi. But I'm sure Atasli and 'Da Goils' will make Cricket feel right at home.
I'm getting more of a sense of weariness from her in the last panel... as though she's been maintaining that brash in-your-face front for some time out of necessity, and wonders what it might be like to not have to do so.

I'm gonna guess that Cricket hasn't found it easy to let her guard down, and trust anybody.
Agreed. Cricket strikes me as one who has had 'followers' but no true friends in the past. So she has developed this prickly thick skin to protect herself from her (former) classmates. Tis' a lonely life with no friend beside you; and our young bird (and the bears) just might sneak past the armor Cricket's built up over the years.
bdgoodfriend

Post by bdgoodfriend »

My2Cents wrote:Can't wait until Calista meets Atsali's aunts. Bet she will think that Atsali's 'cool'.

I'll also bet that Nudge, and Phix, will know all her prior school history. She's a kid, so you know she has to be leaving some things out, like an expulsion.
Or explosion :geek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

So is Sali's comment a warning, or an attempt to cultivate Cricket? Either one probably won't be encouraging to Cricket. If she is here to get away from the snobs and how she reacts to them she came to the wrong place.

From that last panel I wonder if she is sorry she had to move. Maybe she had to leave friends, or A friend behind and regrets it.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

kingklash wrote:"By the way, I can rip a man in half without thinking, my Mom is six people, my Tanta eats her own kind, my Aunt can regenerate because my other Aunt stabbed her in the head, and my Baby Sister runs with scissors with impunity!"
You put it that way, and now it sounds strange....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Julie

Post by Julie »

I can't say I've ever heard anyone say "golly tamale" before. :) Then again, I don't really have a lot of room to talk since I occasionally will say things like "holy poo on toast" as an expletive. :P

Poor Cricket...she's probably tired of moving around and not fitting in. It certainly explains her bully behavior. *hugs for the little fae!*
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Yeah, the busty little bug's story kinda sputters a bit at the end, there. A princess who displays anti-elitism most likely has a interesting tale to tell.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Calista seems to be recalling unpleasant memories. Maybe she left some friends behind and has some regrets. Too bad "country club" types are all over and will be a factor, here, too in the form of a certain mermaid. Hopefully, having friends like Atsali and da Bears will go a long way to mitigating any potential problems, then again this is a story and conflict creates interest... uh, oh.

I really feel too much attention on Atsali's relatives won't be good; she's her own person and stands on her own merits. Sure she has celebrity relatives, but they aren't her and while they would be more than happy to help Atsali out, she like any kid wouldn't want to ask them for help. I'm so glad I'm out of school.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Julie wrote:I can't say I've ever heard anyone say "golly tamale" before. :)
She's been saying it since the day she first met Katherine, so presumably she learnt it at the orphanage (or from before that, even). Apparently she's been doing less learning of expressions from grandma Lily than Castela has.
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Julie wrote:I can't say I've ever heard anyone say "golly tamale" before.
I picked up "Holy Tamoly" years ago from another intern. I still say it when the situation seems right, usually those that would prompt Gomer to say "Gaaaah-leee!"
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Dr. Otter wrote:
Julie wrote:I can't say I've ever heard anyone say "golly tamale" before.
I picked up "Holy Tamoly" years ago from another intern. I still say it when the situation seems right, usually those that would prompt Gomer to say "Gaaaah-leee!"
Then there's "Holy guacamole!" which is my go-to exclamation when a princess unexpectedly appears.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

I once knew a fellow who was such a militant Agnostic, he would say "Penguins are dancing!" after a sneeze to avoid the possibility of Heavenly invocation.

Holy Guacamole would have been right out.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:Cricket strikes me as one who has had 'followers' but no true friends in the past.
"Her 'friends' follow her, but only out of morbid curiosity"?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Has anyone else said that they think she's from Boston?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.