I Like You 2014-06-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: I Like You 2014-06-25

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

zachariah wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Watch out, she's radiating atomic energy.
You know, in comics, the original "Atom" was a somewhat undersized guy with an "Atomic Punch"
Not an atomic punch. He has total control over size and weight. When he punched he increased his density so the full mass was in his hand as it hit. That let him punch out the bad guys.
Nope. Check the link to Toonopedia i provided - i meant (and said) the original Atom - from the 1940s - who was just a really strong little guy. And "Atomic Punch" was just a reference top being punched by the Atom; there wasn't anything super about it.

You're thinking of the character from the 1960s.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Prester Fred wrote:
Dave wrote:Atsali has that in hand today.
Under it, surely...
Thank you! :) I hoped somebody would grab that particular narrative wand and carry it over the finish line!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Grantwhy wrote:honestly, for some reason today's page reminds me of Tom and Jerry ?
Ding ding ding ding ding! There's your plot structure -- constantly at each other's throats until an outsider needs to be dealt with -- then, allies.

Oooo, just thinking of the adventures to come....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

There are Little People in nearly all Native American folklore, and Calista may be one of those from around the northeastern states. They love to pester the big people, and while they usually get away with it, I bet they are resiliant, because sometimes, they probably get caught. I heard a story of a hunter that had a deer in range, and as he drew his bow, a Little Person was doing the same, using a bow made from a twig and spider silk, and a pine needle as an arrow. Right before the hunter could release, he felt a sharp pain on the back of his neck, and he flinched. The arrow missed, the deer got away, and he thought he heard laughter. Tiny, tiny laughter from the trees.
Catawampus

Re: I Like You 2014-6-25

Post by Catawampus »

GuySmiley wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Yep "When Shelly Met Monica" redux
Now new and improved with 50% more violence. :lol:
Well, the relative force of an amount of explosive can be increased by constraining the explosion in a smaller volume. Figure that Calista probably has all of the attitude and emotions of a normal-sized person such as Shelly, but only a fraction of the volume. . .
Dave wrote:
My2Cents wrote:Tough little cockroach isn't she?
Suitable subject for somebody's term paper in paranormal science:

"On the compressibility, elasticity, and energy-conserving rebound behavior of selected students"

No fair using Crikipedia as a reference, of course. Original research is required, and I think Atsali has that in hand today.
With all of the paranormal characters for whom we have any information on such characteristics, their strength and/or durability seem to more than that of an average human (and often are much, much more than that of an average human). I wonder how many paranormals exist who are weaker and squishier than humans, perhaps comparable to humans as humans are to sphinxes? Or is the trait that causes paranormality one that as a side effect always increases toughness?
lake_wrangler wrote:Given the angle of Atsali's hand, I'm guessing she had to drop to her knees in order to hit... And in order to surprise Calista, she had to do that rather quickly...

So I think Atsali now has some very sore knees...

Makes me wonder why she didn't simply stomp or kick, instead. Maybe she thought that would still have been too mean, even for that comment? I don't know.
It isn't ladylike to stomp on people when you're wearing a short skirt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

kingklash wrote:There are Little People in nearly all Native American folklore, and Calista may be one of those from around the northeastern states. They love to pester the big people, and while they usually get away with it, I bet they are resiliant, because sometimes, they probably get caught. I heard a story of a hunter that had a deer in range, and as he drew his bow, a Little Person was doing the same, using a bow made from a twig and spider silk, and a pine needle as an arrow. Right before the hunter could release, he felt a sharp pain on the back of his neck, and he flinched. The arrow missed, the deer got away, and he thought he heard laughter. Tiny, tiny laughter from the trees.
Suggested reading: the short story "The Reluctant Shaman" from L. Sprague de Camp's collection of the same name. Having a bunch of the Stone Throwers placed in your care is no picnic, even when they are trying to be helpful :-)
sheik

Post by sheik »

Calista seems a might tougher that your typical cricket or cockroach.
Might she be a flea?
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

And Now A Friendship Develops ... :D
Seen it in many story lines I have read. :arrow: And it can become a good thing, for both of them. 8-)
Good Luck, You Two.
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?