Glamrunner 2014-03-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Re: Glamrunner 2014-03-28

Post by Opus the Poet »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Y'know I really expected more of a comment about me needing another tutu than what I got. Especially considering what I looked like last week.
EDIT Img: 'OneoftheHairBearBunch'
I'm the one reading the sheet of paper.
EDIT Img: 'ProductiveMemberofSociety'

I looked a tiny bit different a little later.
You had to sign a waiver to get that haircut? :shock:
Banishing of Winter ritual. :twisted: We got it timed just right this time, the overcast broke just after we closed the ritual and opened the circle. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote:Banishing of Winter ritual. :twisted: We got it timed just right this time, the overcast broke just after we closed the ritual and opened the circle. :ugeek:
Me? I trim the beard, and cut the hair short to ¼" or ½" (otherwise, it gets too hot to bicycle...) But I like my beard, and I don't intend on shaving it off anytime soon...
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

lake_wrangler wrote:(otherwise, it gets too hot to bicycle...)
That's why you wear nothing but a stylish tutu!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Catawampus wrote:
Sorry I have to wear a wicking jersey or T-shirt along with a pair of wicking shorts and my Stylish Tutu. I tried sunblock but the greasiness just made me sweat worse and feel hotter so I ditched that for technical clothing. I can ride in 110F weather with that (usually minus the tutu) without dying.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
Sorry I have to wear a wicking jersey or T-shirt along with a pair of wicking shorts and my Stylish Tutu. I tried sunblock but the greasiness just made me sweat worse and feel hotter so I ditched that for technical clothing. I can ride in 110F weather with that (usually minus the tutu) without dying.
You can forget the wicking/technical shirt for me... Aside from the fact that I can't really afford them, and aside from the fact that I don't want to pay a fortune for clothing that won't fit me later, provided I manage to lose more weight, there is also the fact that said technical clothing only works well to wick away the sweat if it is in contact with the skin, and I do NOT look good in skin-tight clothing... And I will not wear cycling shorts by themselves (for the same reasons, and for the fact that I like having more than one layer of clothing on my butt, should I ever get into an accident...) but I will wear cycling liners/underwear (they have the same padding as cycling shorts) under my regular shorts, but only when I'm on a long-distance bicycle tour.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

lake_wrangler wrote:You can forget the wicking/technical shirt for me... Aside from the fact that I can't really afford them, and aside from the fact that I don't want to pay a fortune for clothing that won't fit me later, provided I manage to lose more weight, there is also the fact that said technical clothing only works well to wick away the sweat if it is in contact with the skin, and I do NOT look good in skin-tight clothing... And I will not wear cycling shorts by themselves (for the same reasons, and for the fact that I like having more than one layer of clothing on my butt, should I ever get into an accident...) but I will wear cycling liners/underwear (they have the same padding as cycling shorts) under my regular shorts, but only when I'm on a long-distance bicycle tour.
Might I suggest http://alertshirt.com/ for inexpensive wicking attire? It's where I get all my stuff. The only problem is what you gain in low price you lose in color selection. I mean the regularly put the short sleeve shirts on sale for $10 and the long sleeve for $13.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote:Might I suggest http://alertshirt.com/ for inexpensive wicking attire? It's where I get all my stuff. The only problem is what you gain in low price you lose in color selection. I mean the regularly put the short sleeve shirts on sale for $10 and the long sleeve for $13.
I'll buy THAT, for a dollar! (Or five, or ten, as the case may be...)

Now, I only need to know if they ship to Canada...

Thanks for the tip.