Out Of The Loop 2014-03-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Out Of The Loop 2014-03-17

Post by Fairportfan »

AH! The girls are here!

Poor Jin.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Re: Out Of The Loop 2014-03-17

Post by shadowinthelight »

Ooooh, poor baby... Are you lost?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Jin... you haven't ben out of the loop sweetie... you've been living your OWN life for a change. Don't sweat it... you've been through enough loops I think... you can afford to skip a few.

I do think its time for someone to gather up enough drift wood to start a nice camp fire and everyone gather around and bring each other up to date.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

If the kids are here, Katherine probably is, too. THIS oughta be good:
Jin and Katherine have never met. Katherine is an actual (genetic) chimera - that should blow Jin's mind.
Tina and Kath haven't met (on screen) before. I want to see if Kath has a sixfold aura from the six children that made her up.
Castela's first meeting with Connie: (Stares solemnly at drunken zombie Connie) Connie: "What?"
Castela: "Are you all right?....."

and et cetera .
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Now, now, Aunty Jin, it's not nice to ogle a young girl's ginormous hooters. A discrete glance, yes, a rapt stare, no. The island's getting a mite crowded. And now that there is a young child present, the girls have to watch themselves more than they would have. Too bad. Maybe Castella will have to go home early for bedtime. But right now she is being her usual uber-adorable, and talkative, vine-y little self.

Jin has been out of things for a good while. But then, there's really nothing she can do in most cases. She's essentially mortal now and the paranormal world is no place for mere mortals. Had Monica been still a mere mortal she would be dead now. Either from a misplaced sphinx swipe or a gorgon's icy stare. I think being susceptible to sudden death has made Jin more jumpy as well. Especially since she has something to live for now. I wonder if she could even die of a disease? Having a lifespan doesn't mean she will be able to live it all out. Just that she will "die" at some point, naturally or accidentally. She may be having second thoughts about mortality right about now? She may miss being in the center of the action, despite her happy situation at present.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

KnightDelight wrote:Now, now, Aunty Jin, it's not nice to ogle a young girl's ginormous hooters. A discrete glance, yes, a rapt stare, no.
Nobody introduced Jin to Atsali, so Jin doesn't know she is adopted by Kathryn, who Jin also has never met outside of a bar night before Kathryn got a life. Jin's probably thinking that with that cleavage Atsali has to be Monica’s teenage daughter and she is 18 years out of the loop!

This would be absolutely terrifying for Jin because it could be true. Long term memory loss is one of the symptoms of schizophrenia that she just recovered from.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

KnightDelight wrote:Now, now, Aunty Jin, it's not nice to ogle a young girl's ginormous hooters. A discrete glance, yes, a rapt stare, no. The island's getting a mite crowded. And now that there is a young child present, the girls have to watch themselves more than they would have. Too bad. Maybe Castella will have to go home early for bedtime. But right now she is being her usual uber-adorable, and talkative, vine-y little self.
I don't think Castela understands all the differences and ramifications of fresh water vs. salt water for a plant. She may end up going home early because of dehydration making her cranky, which could be interpreted as lack of sleep. That could result in an emergency in the morning, but a bath before bed should solve the problem for a plant like Castela (Kathryn: You are NOT going to bed covered with sand and salt! <pause> Oh, no. Come along honey, let’s fix the problem.)
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

shadowinthelight wrote:Ooooh, poor baby... Are you lost?
You win. :)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

jwhouk wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Ooooh, poor baby... Are you lost?
You win. :)
Ditto! Applause for pulling out that classic line!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Yes Jin is out of the loop but remember she wanted to be out of the loop. When May put the cell into her and turned her human again it fixed the schizophrenia. It also made her normal as she could be. This was a big adjustment for her having to learn how to live in her new state and leave all the old bad behavior patterns behind. She still needs help and Monica is now the one to give it and Jin can help Monica the same way. Close girl friend and BBF.

I am glad the see Jin coming out of her isolation and trying to re-integrate with the world and the group again. Her new personality must be stable enough for her to take this step. Alan get big points for helping her to reach this point as well. He is being slighted a bit as his efforts are being downplayed. What he has managed to help Jin accomplish takes a very special person indeed. But it is time for her to get back up on the horse adn get involved again. I don't think her work is completed yet as she still has a part to play.

Sali's comment is interesting as it indicates the Jin, not Brandi is the one who started MIB. It probably was not called MIB then but the basic organization of humans who tried to clean up after the other paranormals. I bet they had a lot of work to do as well. All the gods visiting, stray titans, random other beings using the powers to impact primitive peoples and the like. Makes you wonder how long this group has been trying to keep a lid on things.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

KnightDelight wrote:Now, now, Aunty Jin, it's not nice to ogle a young girl's ginormous hooters. A discrete glance, yes, a rapt stare, no.
Jin is wondering if anti-gravity has been invented. Either that or she is wondering what is supporting Sali so well in that suit. We know that Monica's suit are massively upgraded by special built in materials but Jin doesn't.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

zachariah wrote:Makes you wonder how long this group has been trying to keep a lid on things.
Well, to dust off another older quote of Jin's, she "keeps things running smoothly." So it might be a quite long-lived job.

In fact, I'm starting to suspect that what we now know as MIB may have been "established" when Jin had her little "job interview" way back when.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

zachariah wrote:Sali's comment is interesting as it indicates the Jin, not Brandi is the one who started MIB.
She says "single predecessor", not "founder". Euryale was clear that "Acacia and Brandily formed tha group!"

"Single predecessor" sounds more like saying she singlehandedly did the MiB's job before there was an MiB. As jwhouk notes, she "keeps things running smoothly". But she seems to have been doing that job whenever Bud and Brandi were active.

So why did Bud and Brandi start the MiB? (To have someone fill in when the three of them were inactive?)

And when? The MiB were active in 1970 (Mapimi), long before the golem girls sobered up ...

... so, just how drunk were Bud and Brandi when they formed the MiB?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Jin: I'm really out of the loop.

Monica: I'm a frayed so.

Drops a plum into the jar.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The exact quote from our heroine, lifted from The Timekeeper's Daughter:
It's been several years since the calendar was set in motion. In that time there's been a religious backlash. People were witness to things that their gods no longer had answers for. In that time, the priests have taken control of the calendar. Fear has given them control of Lanthis and the surrounding cities.

My mother has left two days ago...

We're now in the middle of her plan to take back the calendar. She has gone to audition for the priests, leaving me with the result of her golem formula. I'm not sure why she chose a weasel...

Maybe that will prove useful one day...
That quote precedes the "You need better protection" comic - and Monica returning home from Shelly's first visit to the Library... where grandma gave her a present.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

zachariah wrote:Jin: I'm really out of the loop.

It was a stitch in time.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Atomic wrote:
zachariah wrote:Jin: I'm really out of the loop.

It was a stitch in time.
No, it was a stitch in my side... I can't stop laughing!!!!

*Drops a pair of wind up chattering teeth and a laugh box in the pun jar*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sidhekin wrote:So why did Bud and Brandi start the MiB? (To have someone fill in when the three of them were inactive?)

And when? The MiB were active in 1970 (Mapimi), long before the golem girls sobered up ...

As to the "when", it was apparently a long time ago... not very long after the Lanthian civilization was destroyed. When Euryale first told Monica about the MIB, she said that that this happened soon after the three GGs were given into the care of Tepoz. They "took an active role as guardians 'n keepers of secrets... tha new world crew, under Tepoz 'n the gurls, formed a security force."

The MIB now seems to be associated with the U.S. Government, at least to some extent. From what Euryale said, though, the MIB predates any present-day government in the world by many thousands of years.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Dave wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:So why did Bud and Brandi start the MiB? (To have someone fill in when the three of them were inactive?)

As to the "when", it was apparently a long time ago... not very long after the Lanthian civilization was destroyed. When Euryale first told Monica about the MIB, she said that that this happened soon after the three GGs were given into the care of Tepoz. They "took an active role as guardians 'n keepers of secrets... tha new world crew, under Tepoz 'n the gurls, formed a security force."
Are we sure this security force formed by the new world crew, under Tepoz and the girls, is the same as the MiB formed by Bud and Brandi? It's not named as such, and as far as I can tell, they were not quite in the same business. (The MiB are neither guardians nor a security force as such; from what I've seen of them, I'd rather say special forces and clean-up crew, or even "keeping things running smoothly".)
Dave wrote:The MIB now seems to be associated with the U.S. Government, at least to some extent. From what Euryale said, though, the MIB predates any present-day government in the world by many thousands of years.
If the MiB and the security force are the same. But if so, why is Euryale in a single scene (two pages apart) giving two different accounts of who formed this group?

Seems to me, the pieces don't fit.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Bia is Tina's great grandmother on her father's side? So Tina and Shelly are related! I want to hear them call each other 'cuz' now.
I was clicking the random button, and landed on the arc with Kath and Atsali and the crystals. Something I missed the first time reading this-when Atsali was possessed, kind of, by the computer, the memories and spirits of the Lathians? She had Bia's symbol in her eyes. :shock: