Just Tell Me 2014-02-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sidhekin

Re: Just Tell Me 2014-02-11

Post by Sidhekin »

How can Tina not know of Bia, when she was such a font of knowledge about chimerae, totems, and philosophy at large?

... oh, right, that was Tina 2.0. Probably Nudge's contribution ... ?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

txmystic wrote:She got eclectic shoes, a bone hair muse, you know I let her in the mezza-na-nine, oh oh oh….

….Bennie and the jets….
♫♪"She got electric boobs, her mom has too..."♪♫
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Aed

Post by Aed »

At the present rate, I expect Bud to break into her own mondegreen of Purple Haze. Meanwhile, Tina ponders her own Journey To The Center Of The Mind. Phix and Shelly will chat about her recent studies on Sphinx culture. Shelly is formally Learning To Fly. Monica reassures Tina that she will stick by her and that Wild Horses could not separate them. Naturally Nudge will break out another keg because Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

... but, what of Bia?
Last edited by Aed on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Paging Doctor Tepoz... Paging Doctor Tepoz... Café U-296, STAT!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"SLOOOW motion Waaaalter....that fire engine guy!"
Dave wrote:Of course, Bud's belch could be an indication of more severe problems than mere drunkenness. Her golem digestive system (such as it is) may be malfunctioning due to contact with alcohol. "The girl with colitis goes by..."
"Lucy in disguise with LIONS!!" :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Dave wrote: Of course, Bud's belch could be an indication of more severe problems than mere drunkenness. Her golem digestive system (such as it is) may be malfunctioning due to contact with alcohol. "The girl with colitis goes by..."
Nah. Remember, Bud spent quite some time as a totally drunk coed. While she does metabolize alcohol, I doubt that it can screw up her digestive system.
Dunno if Bud will ever find a guy (though she deserves someone - male or female). InShortly after the GGGs showed up, she showed some definite lesbian tendencies. But if she needs someone, I volunteer!
Brandi seems (so far) to be almost asexual. Tho she likes to sho-off for the guys, she doesn't seem to want to find anyone.
Tina also deserves someone, but I think she will have to keep herself together (and inside!) or find someone REALLY patient and understanding! (Or with a very strange fetish...)
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

shadowinthelight wrote:Don't know if it is true but I've read that sometimes Jimmy Hendrix sang it that way on purpose as a joke.
that IS correct, i recently saw a you tube video on something else, and followed one of the sidebar links to something that looked interesting, and that was one of them, i wish i could remember exactly where it was though, but it was in something like a top-ten list with the hosts of some internet show/newscast doing their stuff in between the clips of songs. you could probably search for "misheard song lyrics" and sooner-or-later you'll come across it.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Hmm... *scratching noggin* That last pic of Bud bothers me a tad. (Not the burp, the burp ís Bud) She's too.. "Pretty"? Though Pablo's drawing is very vèry good, and is stìll evolving, some of the characters sorta start melding into each other. I often have a hard time discerning who's who.

Yeah, I know, M's boobs are a dead giveaway, but Bud now looks like Mon. I preferred her "straw-haired scrawniness" She's become too "glam", for lack of a better word.

But hey, it's just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

I'll go in hiding now. *ducks under flame-retardant blanket*
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Rocket man, burning atmospheres of herringbone...

Meanwhile, back at the plot: The hardest part of psychology on the patient (student?) is the horrible moments spent trying to figure out just what the person treating you is trying to get you to see -- the Lead a Horse to Water thing. The best results come from epiphanies because they are self-generated. Being told is one thing, but understanding is another. Sadly, this method can easily be used to manipulate people by feeding them carefully structured data and obscuring/denigrating the contradictory evidence. Such is propaganda.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Sidhekin wrote:Hey, do you think that BRAP! is related to a certain name dropping?
That was our screeching record noise.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:"Lucy in disguise with LIONS!!" :lol:
Sooo... you're saying that's not Bud at all? It's Bia? She's pulled off a quick shape-shifting, so that she can sneak into the secret party/meeting under the very eyes of two watchful sphinxes? She's acting drunk so that she doesn't have to do a convincing job of imitating Bud's voice and manner when sober?

Brilliant!! That's the best secret plot-message since "Shelly Steak-sauce"!
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

"Her name is Bia and she dances on the sand..."
That's it.
I don't have anything else of value to add.
I'll be in the confusion corner making popcorn and reading.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

It's interesting what Tina's memory-erase removed and what it left. It removed all memory of who Tina was. It left a memory of demon law. It left the basics of how to get along in society, such as how to talk and how to read and how things work. And it also seems to have left memories of voices of people from before the memory loss. Was the latter an accidental oversight, or intentional?
davids4250 wrote:Dunno if Bud will ever find a guy (though she deserves someone - male or female). InShortly after the GGGs showed up, she showed some definite lesbian tendencies.
I think that with Bud it is less a case of lesbian tendencies, and more a case of when Bud's inhibitions are lowered, her hormones aren't very picky.

She does seem much more male-fixated when sober, however. She just has lousy luck regarding which males she gets interested in.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Catawampus wrote:It's interesting what Tina's memory-erase removed and what it left. It removed all memory of who Tina was. It left a memory of demon law. It left the basics of how to get along in society, such as how to talk and how to read and how things work. And it also seems to have left memories of voices of people from before the memory loss. Was the latter an accidental oversight, or intentional?
Yeah, interesting. At the risk of reading too much into things ...

All memories we know she lost, is of events. And best as we can tell, she lost all memories of events prior to the car crash.

We don't know that Tina 2.0 had lost memories of anything other than events.

We might suspect, however, that she lost at least one skill: That of reading shorthand. We don't really know that the demons ever learned it. But it seems they did learn to read English, and retained that skill. Why should reading shorthand be different? Or is this a clue that the shorthand was actually not written by Tina 1.0?

We really don't know much about loss or retention of other skills ... making coffee? running a business? parallel parking? but I'm pretty sure Tina 2.x retained bodily skills, like walking, as well as the skills to talk, read, and write English. (And probably not just English, either. Those demons are "easily trillions of years old"; if they remember English, why should they forget the languages they used before English even existed?)

Nor do we know much about her voice recognition in general: Before Bia (on whom the jury is still out), I doubt Tina 2.x had encountered anyone familiar to Tina 1.0 nor her demons. Perhaps some folks on TV ... ?

Visual recognition? No clue. Olfactory recognition? Likewise. In short, we don't really know much about what she retained and (other than memories of events) what she lost.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Opus the Poet wrote:What's the word for mis-heard lyrics? I used to have a book on it called Excuse Me While I kiss This Guy but it got misplaced in a move and i never saw it again. Anyway it had the word for the phenomena in the secondary title...
Mondegreen. Barry from InkTank used to use them a lot with Angst Technology'sHugh during their company Karaoke night.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Mark N wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:Hey, do you think that BRAP! is related to a certain name dropping?
:idea: Yes and it makes me think that her lyrics are directed at getting Tina on the right track. :idea:
"She drives May crazy..."

WHilke Bud isn't the manipulator Brandi is (or can be), i think she really prefers more-or-less-subtly pointing people the right direction to rubbing their noses in the correct answer...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Can't remember many mondegreens I've had over the years--but somehow I do recall one "alternate" version of the Pledge of Allegiance:

“I pledge a legion to the flag and to the public for Richard Stands, one naked individual with liver tea and justice for all.” (From a long-ago cartoon--a bit of research shows it's Hi and Lois from 1962)

And this one: Image
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I really do feel bad for Tina; her grumbling echoes mine whenever I check this forum & read about the epiphanies of others.

Speaking of:
Dave wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:"Lucy in disguise with LIONS!!" :lol:
Sooo... you're saying that's not Bud at all? It's Bia? She's pulled off a quick shape-shifting, so that she can sneak into the secret party/meeting under the very eyes of two watchful sphinxes? She's acting drunk so that she doesn't have to do a convincing job of imitating Bud's voice and manner when sober?

Brilliant!! That's the best secret plot-message since "Shelly Steak-sauce"!
I'd typically deny implying something so preposterous, but you know what? Let's roll with it. Let's Get Ludicrous!! 8-)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

MerchManDan wrote:I'd typically deny implying something so preposterous, but you know what? Let's roll with it. Let's Get Ludicrous!! 8-)
Yeah! I never cared for his music anyway!
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
illiad

Post by illiad »

but what about sue lawley ???? :lol: