Student Of Mine 2014-02-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Re: Student Of Mine 2014-02-06

Post by AmriloJim »

Sabrina-Online.com - Created, written, and drawn by Eric W. Schwartz. New strips will appear at the rate of between two and five every month; updated monthly on or about the first of every month. It's been around since '96, so there's a 17-and-a-half year archive. First strip featured Sabrina finding out how to connect her Amiga to the 'Net.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Zap! is one I recently found. The first one (which is where the link goes to) is from 2003. Updates Sundays, usually, so a short archive for 10.5 years, but still pretty good.
...Don't worry, the art gets better. Much better.

I follow 21 other comics. I check them all every morning while eating breakfast. It's like the Sunday funnies, but they're actually funny and have plots and stuff!
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

MayI suggest the more recent http://broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/ as something to read? First chapter done, and second underway, you might end up re-evaluating things like open doors, bats, and what your dreams may really be telling you.

Brought to you by the man who gave the Internet the amazingly deep Starslip, and the creepy Candle Cove.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote: So what was that image?
Ah, sorry; I had thought the reference wasn't that obscure. Anyhow, it's Liam Neeson from the film Taken; his daughter has been kidnapped and he's "negotiating" with the perpetrator. It just came to mind as I read your comment to Skruddgemire; that was the most menacing gratitude I'd ever seen. :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

AmriloJim wrote:Sabrina-Online.com - Created, written, and drawn by Eric W. Schwartz. New strips will appear at the rate of between two and five every month; updated monthly on or about the first of every month. It's been around since '96, so there's a 17-and-a-half year archive. First strip featured Sabrina finding out how to connect her Amiga to the 'Net.
I've bounced off that one a couple times - if i had the talent to draw (or write) a webcomic, i would NOT hand letter it, because my lettering is awful. The effort to read this one is more than i can put forth on a long-term basis.

===============

However, it triggered an association:

I would suggest Helen, Sweetheart of the internet, but the last few years of the comic (that were syndicated to newspapers as well as online) do not seem to be available anywhere.

The first four or so years, however, can be found here.

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

MerchManDan wrote:
Fairportfan wrote: So what was that image?
Ah, sorry; I had thought the reference wasn't that obscure. Anyhow, it's Liam Neeson from the film Taken; his daughter has been kidnapped and he's "negotiating" with the perpetrator. It just came to mind as I read your comment to Skruddgemire; that was the most menacing gratitude I'd ever seen. :lol:
What i meant was that it's apparently from a site with a no-hotlinking policy, and isn't appearing on my screen.

I assume you're seeing it because it's in your cache.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

hmmmm ..... :?:

"Student of Mine" + the comment long ago to Tina that went something like 'You don't remember me, do you?' makes me wonder.

Did Phix know the original Tina?

And thus her knew her demons from before the 'accident' for which they got their memories wiped?

Random thought: Tina's demons were punished because they caused the accident in which Tina died (to help Monica's development(?), but now I'm pondering, was the original Tina an unwilling/unknowing participant in that?

If Bia is involved with Tina 2.0, maybe she was involved with the original Tina and there was more behind the accident than we have been told?

:shock:

Yes, I suffered with sleep last night and I haven't had my morning coffee yet. How could you tell?

:)
Last edited by Grantwhy on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

That would be a very interesting concept: What if Tina 1.0 was, what us D&D nerds would say, "Neutral Evil"? She wanted nothing to do with Jin, Monica or anyone, and she was somehow the main reason why the Scoobies were unable to fix the calendar machine the first 56 times?

And, what would be worse, she's somehow got the genes from another of Bia's dalliances?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Maybe Bia was Tina's mother as well, and was the drug 'lord' who 'died' in the compound raid...... :shock:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Tina 1.0 had to know Bia at some point. How else would she have gotten the key blade?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

jwhouk wrote:Tina 1.0 had to know Bia at some point. How else would she have gotten the key blade?
Or Tina 1.0's Demons knew Bia. :?:

Even though I suggested it, I'm still not 100% behind the idea that Tina 1.0 had met Phix before her accident (and death). Phix's "You don't remember me" line to Tina 2.0 might be because Phix sat in judgement and/or enacted the punishment (memory wipe) to Tina's 1.0's Demons for causing the accident.

I am however, liking the theory that Tina 1.0 and Bia are related. If Shelly and Tina were(are) related by blood (via Bia), would that be a factor in the creation of Connie?

Maybe Bia worked out (or thought) that Monica / fixing the Calendar / ending the time loop was important to her plans?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones