Is This Normal 2014-01-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: Is This Normal 2014-01-27

Post by illiad »

jayessell wrote:Set in a version of Minneapolis, I wonder if Monica and friends are getting the same weather as the real one.
"It's so cold (how cold is it?) It's so cold Bud is wearing a jacket."
bud does not feel the cold, but she does pretend to, so people do not freak out.... :D
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Timotheus wrote:I'm certain Tina will be feeling more "together" now and be able to get a "grasp" on things.

(I've never used a pun jar before but I do have a Civil War era artillery style cast iron bank that shoots coins.)
Well she just finished a Big Gulp so she should be ready to go.

I bet that will bring a whole new meaning to tickle the tonsils.

Deposits the adenoids in the jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Well, my sides have broken the sound barrier. Well done, Mr. Taylor. :lol:

For some reason, my favourite part of this is how Tina just goes along with it when Bud says "Say 'AAH!'" without even questioning her. That really tickles me; can't say why. :mrgreen:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

MerchManDan wrote:Well, my sides have broken the sound barrier. Well done, Mr. Taylor. :lol:

For some reason, my favourite part of this is how Tina just goes along with it when Bud says "Say 'AAH!'" without even questioning her. That really tickles me; can't say why. :mrgreen:
Tickles me too, but when one of the most powerful beings on Earth tells you to jump ... 8-)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Doctor's orders are to be followed, not questioned. :)

My impression is that both Tina and Tenty know what's coming, in general, but that Tenty at least did not expect the boot, specifically. :)

(Hmm ... I first wrote they "know what's comic" ... there's a joke in there somewhere, but I can't tell if it's breaking the 4th wall or not.)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

My2Cents wrote: Bud would have to aim high to avoid hitting the stands in case she gets emotional and slips up, and the referees would need counter-battery radar to confirm the goal. Or she could just take the chance of blowing off the end of the stadium.
I think Bud could moderate her strength to avoid damaging any fans/stadiums. After all, she apparently did not destroy Tina's head (unless that is what Sali is "Eeeeeeeuw"ing about. If Bud was a kicker for the Vikings, I would probably switch favorite teams. For that matter, given that she is so strong and powerful and indestructible, she could easily play any position, I would think.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

zachariah wrote:One has to wonder what Monica meant with her comment. "Been there, Done that." There are soooo many ways that can be taken.
Agreed. :o 8-) :twisted:
Julie

Post by Julie »

God bless Bud and her oh-so-casual way of handling these kinds of things. :) It makes it so much easier to accept such situations as indeed being normal. One of the many many many reasons I absolutely adore her. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

JSStryker wrote:
DilyV wrote:OMG!!!! Woot!!!!! Ninja Dily!!!! LOL

Tina Say Ahhh... Thump!! Ewwwwwwwie!!!! I almost spit pepsi all over my screen!!!!

EDIT:Winds are howling here... and temps are dropping through the basement... I had to go out and pick up the garbage cans and almost got chillblain on my fingers and face after only a few minutes... wherever you are, please be careful in this frigid weather...
I wonder if Bud might consider a spot in the NFL as a kicker if she is that accurate! :lol:

Same here Dily wind is blowing around 20-30 mph right now and the temps have dropped 17 degrees in the last hour!
Well, if Bud was going to play football, I think that this is the Image would be the only way it would be fair. Still the opponents would end up looking like this: Image
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

So rather than a demon/soul mix such as Shelly ended up with, Tina gets a demon/sole union.
Opus the Poet wrote:At least someone will be able to run the register now (which begs the question, how did they run it until now?)
Poorly?
Timotheus wrote:I'm certain Tina will be feeling more "together" now and be able to get a "grasp" on things.
Quite a way to kick-start her morning, though she might feel somewhat of a sucker now.
illiad wrote:bud does not feel the cold, but she does pretend to, so people do not freak out.... :D
Except for when she decides to defuse a situation by going to the alternate extreme. She apparently tends to quote Macbeth when doing that, though.
DilyV wrote:EDIT:Winds are howling here... and temps are dropping through the basement... I had to go out and pick up the garbage cans and almost got chillblain on my fingers and face after only a few minutes... wherever you are, please be careful in this frigid weather...
The other day at work, my clothes were somewhat damp from having to repair a high-pressure steam line that was sort of exploding. I walked past an exterior doorway that someone had just opened, and the clothing all froze solid. It was like walking around while wearing very badly made plate armour. And then everybody had to stand around poking at me and going, "Oooooo!".
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

davids4250 wrote:
My2Cents wrote: Bud would have to aim high to avoid hitting the stands in case she gets emotional and slips up, and the referees would need counter-battery radar to confirm the goal. Or she could just take the chance of blowing off the end of the stadium.
I think Bud could moderate her strength to avoid damaging any fans/stadiums. After all, she apparently did not destroy Tina's head (unless that is what Sali is "Eeeeeeeuw"ing about. If Bud was a kicker for the Vikings, I would probably switch favorite teams. For that matter, given that she is so strong and powerful and indestructible, she could easily play any position, I would think.
This is kind of what I was thinking. If Bud's on your team........ why would you be kicking a field goal? Just hand her the ball and let her walk into the end zone. :lol:
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:So rather than a demon/soul mix such as Shelly ended up with, Tina gets a demon/sole union.
Y'know, if it were me, and I had made a pun that bad/wonderful, and hadn't paid the Pun Jar immediately, I'd be afraid of being shod.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Opus the Poet wrote:At least someone will be able to run the register now (which begs the question, how did they run it until now?)
Very poorly.

EDIT: #### it, joke was ninja'd.

By the way, Bud: the University of Minnesota is looking for midfielders for the women's soccer team...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

GuySmiley wrote:This is kind of what I was thinking. If Bud's on your team........ why would you be kicking a field goal? Just hand her the ball and let her walk into the end zone. :lol:
To make things interesting, you could have, say, Brandi and Phix playing for one team and Bud and Shelly playing for the other.

Tepoz has enough experience with being kicked, tossed, grabbed, and carried around by now that he's probably well qualified to stand in as the ball.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:This is kind of what I was thinking. If Bud's on your team........ why would you be kicking a field goal? Just hand her the ball and let her walk into the end zone. :lol:
To make things interesting, you could have, say, Brandi and Phix playing for one team and Bud and Shelly playing for the other.
"Interesting". Yes, I suppose it would be - from a sufficiently great distance.

In a game of this sort, how would "excessive roughness" be defined? "Destroys the stadium", "craters the Western hemisphere", or "vaporizes the planet"?

I'm sorta thinking that even the "View it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" rule wouldn't ensure safety.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

And Atsali learns that when par is saving the world from demonic ass-hattery, this isn't even a mini-golf course.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dave wrote:"Interesting". Yes, I suppose it would be - from a sufficiently great distance.

Reminds me of a Blake's Seven quote. Not that anybody still remembers Blake's Seven.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Catawampus wrote:
Define "interesting." ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Dave wrote:"Interesting". Yes, I suppose it would be - from a sufficiently great distance.

Reminds me of a Blake's Seven quote. Not that anybody still remembers Blake's Seven.
while I'm more of a Whovian, myself. i DO remember watching and liking the few episodes i saw on TV, i should probably look into getting the series on DVD/BD... off the top of your head, do you know if it's available or not? if you don't know, no problem. i can look for it elsewhere, I'm just being lazy... :roll:
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:I'm sorta thinking that even the "View it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" rule wouldn't ensure safety.
Nah, it wouldn't get dangerous until you include Castela's rhino-charge and Atsali's flying pounce into the mix.
Opus the Poet wrote:Reminds me of a Blake's Seven quote. Not that anybody still remembers Blake's Seven.
I haven't a clue as to what you are talking about.

And I was just watching after the Pun Jar, for safe-keeping. There are a lot of criminals online these days.