Order Up 2014-01-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Re: Order Up 2014-01-24

Post by Atomic »

Fairportfan wrote:Never knew a tentacle could have such obvious expressions...
And fine work it is!

From long ago, I remember seeing a Disney exercise of drawing a emotions sheet for a flour sack - anxious, happy, sad, etc. It seems to have become a popular thing to to, and there are plenty out there to study!

Enjoy! (So get started on those stick figures already!)
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Julie

Post by Julie »

*gigglefits* Poor Tenty. :) And YAY FOR MY FAVORITE CHARACTER COMING IN!!!! :D
scantrontb wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Hokay, how came EVERYONE can see the demon and not just the Demon Shepherd!? (And yeah, demons got feet) (Also, demons got cab fare!?)
it seems that just about everyone that is NOT a mundane can see them, either that or something ELSE weird is going on...
That was my thought...that non-mundanes can see the demons. After all, the vamp girls saw Monica's Doubt, and the GGGs have interacted with M's and Jin's demons in the past...and they also seemed fully capable of recognizing that Tina was not human but a conglomeration of demons. We know that sphinxes definitely can see demons since they were the ones killing humans with rogues.
Grantwhy wrote:And as I believe no-one has mentioned it,
  • Atsali! Monica is NOT an squeezy Toy. Put her down NOW!
:)

Right about now Monica is becoming aware that Atsali is stronger than she looks. :lol:
Troofs! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Firstly, Yay Bud!!! I figured she would come in after her interaction with Stinky. She'd be the least surprised to see Tenty, and the least likely to react badly.

Secondly: While monica being squeezed is hilarious, Atsali having her arm under Monica's boobs, forcing them up into an enforced boob plant would have been much funnier. Imagine the hilarity if all we could see over her boobs were her wide eyes and the top of her head. :shock:

Tentacle! Now with feet!!! Okay, I certainly didn't expect that... we've never seen tenty in her entirety before, always either being mostly off panel or sticking partly out of Tina's mouth. I'd envisioned a whole creature. Maybe Tenty is from something that can lose a limb and both the original creature and its lost parts remain sentient... In other words, She's a growing tentacle...

I still think its likely that Stinky is something other than a normal earthling octopod and might be a close relation to tenty.

I too had gigglefits over Tenty's expression of indignation... that last panel with the dark, frustrated, speechless scribble is priceless!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Julie wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:And as I believe no-one has mentioned it,
  • Atsali! Monica is NOT an squeezy Toy. Put her down NOW!
:)

Right about now Monica is becoming aware that Atsali is stronger than she looks. :lol:
Troofs! :D
Yup. Danger here. Squeezing leads to asphyxia, leads to death, leads to flaming Jaguar Girl resurrection, leads to burn holes in Atsali's snazzy T-shirt.

Also leads to a rather teed-off Aunt Monica, who has to replace yet another expensive custom bra.
DilyV wrote:I too had gigglefits over Tenty's expression of indignation... that last panel with the dark, frustrated, speechless scribble is priceless!!!
"Proper, ladylike, socially conscious tentacle" (or perhaps "flatworm"?)... has Pablo just invented a new category of TvTrope?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I'll tell you one thing this Comanche has learned from today's cliffhanger: In the Wapsiverse, Hugs can be dangerous! If Atsali and Euryale ever hug each other, what kind of cuddly-squeezy feedback loop might occur?
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

OK, this has been fun and all, but would some please give Atsali a nice warm cup of calm the F down.
Tina, a grande chamomile tea with extra Valium for my bird friend. . . :lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
illiad

Post by illiad »

um, the 'vamp girls' aren't human... they are 'undead'... :)

there are only a few 'humans' about... Kevin , I think, Tina's helper/cook/ delivery girl ??.. other boyfriends, barman (haven't seen him lately.. :( ), museum curator... ??
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

illiad wrote:um, the 'vamp girls' aren't human... they are 'undead'... :)

there are only a few 'humans' about... Kevin , I think, Tina's helper/cook/ delivery girl ??.. other boyfriends, barman (haven't seen him lately.. :( ), museum curator... ??
Amanda, Georgette, her sister, Lakshmi, her husband...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Atomic wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Never knew a tentacle could have such obvious expressions...
And fine work it is!

From long ago, I remember seeing a Disney exercise of drawing a emotions sheet for a flour sack - anxious, happy, sad, etc. It seems to have become a popular thing to to, and there are plenty out there to study!

Enjoy! (So get started on those stick figures already!)
Remember the Magic Carpet?

===========

In thr next-to-last panel, she looks more like a walking slice of pepperoni pizza than a tentacle.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

Growing up paranormal around paranormals apparently does not necessarily mean you don't freak out around other paranormals.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

kingklash wrote:I'll tell you one thing this Comanche has learned from today's cliffhanger: In the Wapsiverse, Hugs can be dangerous! If Atsali and Euryale ever hug each other, what kind of cuddly-squeezy feedback loop might occur?
Hugsplosion...

Hugpocalypse...

Hugvasion...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

kingklash wrote:If Atsali and Euryale ever hug each other, what kind of cuddly-squeezy feedback loop might occur?
Ooh, cuddly-squeezy thought experiment! :mrgreen: If, in mid-hug, something sets off Atsali's flight-or-fight instinct - say, a glimpse of one of Euryale's hair snakes - then she'd probably panic & squeeze too hard. Which in turn would make Euryale panic & accidentally turn Atsali to ice, presumably still in mid-hug. This would force Euryale to (awkwardly, in more ways than one) kiss Atsali, who would probably panic again upon re-animation. If Euryale can contain herself this time, that could be the end of it; otherwise, it might go on for a while.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

ShirouZhiwu wrote:Growing up paranormal around paranormals apparently does not necessarily mean you don't freak out around other paranormals.
Paranormals are paranormals are people. Atsali's been around them her whole life. They have a 'shopping day' once a month and she goes to a school full of them etc.

I suspect that Human Demons on the other hand, don't mix with/are not a part of(?) the paranormal world.

Atsali has probably read about them (tl:dr BEWARE!), but she has NEVER seen a human body animated before and has NEVER EVER considered she might encounter a Dead Human Body being animated/controlled by Human Demons :o.

Don't forget that Monica had known Tina for many years before she found out exactly what Tina was. Atsali's just been marched into a strange place and was told (heard) something like, "This woman's name is Tina. Tina died and now her undead body is being controlled by Demons. Say Hi to the Demons Atsali"

Throw in the possibility that Tina's current state might be affecting Monica's and Atsali's thoughts and emotions (amplifying them?) and Atsali's 'freak-outs' don't seem out of place.

Actually, thinking about it, the "Fight or Flight" button in Atsali's brain might be very close to being pushed ..... am I a bad person for wondering what would happen to Tina/the shop if it does? :|
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
illiad

Post by illiad »

nope, that buttons already been pushed... results after the break. (Monday! :P )

point is, are demons allowed out to the mall?? or does the mall have a rule to keep to a vaguely standard shape, to simplify keeping order???
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

illiad wrote:nope, that buttons already been pushed... results after the break. (Monday! :P )
In which case I look forward to Atsali going into "fight mode" and clobbering whomever is closest with whatever she was last seen holding.

:D
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

illiad wrote: point is, are demons allowed out to the mall?? or does the mall have a rule to keep to a vaguely standard shape, to simplify keeping order???
I really think the demons do not interact with (and are NOT a pat of) the paranormal world. And suspect that what is 'common knowledge' (true or otherwise) in the paranormal world about demons is enough to justify Atsali's reactions.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

DilyV wrote:
kingklash wrote:I'll tell you one thing this Comanche has learned from today's cliffhanger: In the Wapsiverse, Hugs can be dangerous! If Atsali and Euryale ever hug each other, what kind of cuddly-squeezy feedback loop might occur?
Hugsplosion...

Hugpocalypse...

Hugvasion...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hugnado!

:lol:
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

eee wrote:Atsali has obviously heard about Japanese hentai.

And Bud DID spend a very long time in the Demon Realm rescuing Maya. She's probably very familiar with demons.
Probably is. Heck, who knows, she may even know Tentacle personally. If so, I'll bet Bud gave her a hard time with seafood and sushi jokes then too.
Grantwhy wrote: Actually, thinking about it, the "Fight or Flight" button in Atsali's brain might be very close to being pushed ..... am I a bad person for wondering what would happen to Tina/the shop if it does? :|
I kinda visualize something like a chicken fight.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

KnightDelight wrote:

And Bud DID spend a very long time in the Demon Realm rescuing Maya. She's probably very familiar with demons.
Probably is. Heck, who knows, she may even know Tentacle personally. If so, I'll bet Bud gave her a hard time with seafood and sushi jokes then too.
Bud does have a notoriously low sense of humour, doesn't she?

Let's face it - no matter how long she's been not-dead (as opposed to "alive" or "undead"), she is still basically a nineteen-or-so-year-old.

As she and Atsali settle in, they'll very likely develop almost more of a big sister/little sister relationship than "aunt"/"niece".

And that's a scary thought - imagine some of the stuff Bud could get up to with a willing accomplice who can fly and carry an adult human worth of weight while doing it...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Aed

Post by Aed »

Fairportfan wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:

Bud does have a notoriously low sense of humour, doesn't she?

Let's face it - no matter how long she's been not-dead (as opposed to "alive" or "undead"), she is still basically a nineteen-or-so-year-old.

As she and Atsali settle in, they'll very likely develop almost more of a big sister/little sister relationship than "aunt"/"niece".

And that's a scary thought - imagine some of the stuff Bud could get up to with a willing accomplice who can fly and carry an adult human worth of weight while doing it...
What kind of mischief could Atsali and Bud get into? Perhaps something like this ... Benny Hill - Laurel & Hardy (1989).

While mischief is certainly a possibility, I suspect that we may be in for a different type of adventure. The comparison has already been made between Tenty and Rarity; we also know of Atsali's love for adventure stories. Consider please that with the cast now assembled that we may be in for a more exciting adventure exemplified by ... This Is War [PMV].