Confusion Corner

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

GlytchMeister

Re: Confusion Corner

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:...
For everyone in the Confusion Corner, here are 10 reasons why we're all stuck here.
:shock:
Holy crap, I'd completely forgotten about Roy!

All very good questions... Hopefully Paul might just answer some of them soon. And maybe some other questions.
It certainly seems to me there's been a spike in "WTF"-esque posts recently...
*crosses fingers* ahem...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

GlytchMeister wrote:Is Tina growing a soul? Will it behave like a human soul would. . .
Before you can answer that, you'd first have to work out what qualities define a soul and what the traits of a human soul are.

We know that in this story they exist, and that when the soul leaves the person's personality apparently leaves with it. Is the personality a part of the soul, then, or is it a result of the soul? The demons clearly have personalities of their own, so either the demons have their own version of a soul or else a personality can exist without a soul (which doesn't mean that a soul can't also be a cause of personality, just that it's one of a number of potential causes). If the demons do have their own form of souls, then perhaps what could happen to the Tina collective is that their demon souls will merge into more of a human-type soul. If the demons don't have souls or soul-equivalents, then I suppose that they'd have to evolve something from scratch to gain a soul.
Why are the demons unconsciously making this progress? What's the urge, what's the motive?
An urge or motive presumes that it's an actual goal. The demons might not actually be trying to get anywhere in particular, really, and are just trying to do what they think is right while they figure out what to do with life. Which, given what Tina and Phix have said, may be just the thing that she needs to be doing to end up evolving into. . .whatever. Gaining a human morality and trying to live up to it seems to be a key factor.
And what the hell is Bia up to?
About 5' 8", I'd say.
And how does the connection between the demons and the body of Tina work?
Demons in other individuals seem to be keyed into their host's nervous system, whether it be directly stimulating the nerves or just monitoring thoughts. In Tina's case, they seem to be using the same channels as every other demon, just more fully.

Exactly what those channels are is pretty much impossible to say. They don't physically exist "inside" of the host most of the time, so whatever connection they have is probably more complicated than simply being physically plugged in.
Dave wrote:"Am I a man dreaming that I am a butterfly, or was I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?"
"Or am I just an incredibly confused turnip having an identity crisis?"
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:"Or am I just an incredibly confused turnip having an identity crisis?"
I've definitely had days like that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Catawampus wrote:
Dave wrote:"Am I a man dreaming that I am a butterfly, or was I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?"
"Or am I just an incredibly confused turnip having an identity crisis?"
Q) Do Demons dream of Demonic Sheep?

errr .... I was thinking of this, not the political attack ad that I didn't even know existed :o
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I like Doreen's version from Chrono Trigger:
Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a poet... or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!