Fan Art

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Dave

Re: Fan Art

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:]Sounds like "Confusion Corner" is a misnomer. "Confusion Nexus" doesn't roll of the tongue as nicely, though.
Oh, it's still a corner... it's just that it's a corner in more than three dimensions. With so many out-facing open directions, it has room for plenty of doors and approach corridors.

It's a bit like the Halfling House, and like the Uncertain Inn. All of them tend to move around, serve a diverse and interesting community, and have great food available.
Aed

Post by Aed »

Dave wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:]Sounds like "Confusion Corner" is a misnomer. "Confusion Nexus" doesn't roll of the tongue as nicely, though.
Oh, it's still a corner... it's just that it's a corner in more than three dimensions. With so many out-facing open directions, it has room for plenty of doors and approach corridors.

It's a bit like the Halfling House, and like the Uncertain Inn. All of them tend to move around, serve a diverse and interesting community, and have great food available.
I really enjoy second breakfast. Mmmmmm, breakfast.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Aed wrote:I really enjoy second breakfast. Mmmmmm, breakfast.
What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea?? Dinner?! Supper!!
<gets hit on the head by an apple>
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Glad you liked it Lake_wrangler. Yes the background was Judge Roy Bean's Courthouse. Sorry you didn't realize it was Lilly; I guess I should have let the Jersey Lilly sign remain in the background instead of cropping it out, but I opted for the horses and riders.

You're welcome Boxilar for the coloring! I should thank you for drawing and inking something that I felt compelled to color, and like I said I enjoyed doing it.

Shadowinthelight I enjoyed your gif! Unfortunately I saw it on my phone first and of course it didn't move and I wondered what you did... I had to look at it later to see it move. Yes I sang it, and I applaud your imagination and execution.

Like I've said before, I enjoy everyone's efforts and they all make me smile or cringe when appropriate.

As far as the confusion corner, I spend a lot of time there, enjoy the veal...
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Wdot wrote:Glad you liked it Lake_wrangler. Yes the background was Judge Roy Bean's Courthouse. Sorry you didn't realize it was Lilly; I guess I should have let the Jersey Lilly sign remain in the background instead of cropping it out, but I opted for the horses and riders.
That was totally my fault. Boxilar stated quite clearly, on his inks image, that it was Lily. I just forgot and assumed it was Suzie because of the glasses. Your crop on the background was just fine. It worked well with the image Boxilar had drawn.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

There used to be a store in Haltom City called Sam's Furniture (not related to Sam's Club). I remember when I was little the second floor was full of televisions on display. The room was carpeted. It gave me and my brother a virtual limitless supply of lightning bolts to attack each other with.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
shadowinthelight

Sorry, this kind of got away from me. At least we all know what is up with the headgear.

edit: stupid typo
Last edited by shadowinthelight on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave

Post by Dave »

*chortle* :lol: :roll:

M's rescripted situation here reminds me a bit of a Great Dane who was part of my family when I was a lad (I don't know whether we owned her or vice versa... a bit of both). Like most dogs, she was occasionally unable to resist the temptation to get into the garbage to eat something that smelled yummy to her... and for some reason, doing so often gave her really horrendous gas a few hours later.

She always looked terribly embarrassed and guilty after silently cutting loose with a room-clearing seeper, when we'd look at her in dismay and sternly banish her outside.

Still miss her after all these years... a "rescue", a refugee from a bad situation, she was one of the brightest and most loving dogs I've ever known.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Another incident involving Bud's chili?
:lol: :lol:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

Typo... "I'm pround of..."

Just noticed the subtle secondary poot... :lol:

Poor Phix. She can't even rip Monica's face off (again) for fumigating the library so blatantly. The astral fire from Monica's regeneration would ignite the methane and the blast would knock all the books off of the shelves :(
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

"If I smell sulfur, don't assume M farted?"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

If M can create one of truly epic intensity then please please let us hope the Tuna Twins never try and lite that. They may find that Fae also stands for fuel air explosive and can be the strongest boom next to a Nuke.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"If I smell sulfur, don't assume M farted?"
I think that only applies if one is going island-shopping.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
shadowinthelight

Jabberwonky wrote:Another incident involving Bud's chili?
Maybe, maybe not. Monica may just be that big of a stinker. I decided to leave it open to interpretation.
Dave wrote:Typo... "I'm pround of..."
Fixed.

KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I thought I would post this here too.
A few days ago someone posted a comment about Calista singing the "Nobody Likes Me" song. That seemed like a cute idea for Monica to do to break the ice when she found her. So, I did a comic remix to illustrate such an encounter:
Attachments
Wapsi_Remix.png
Wapsi_Remix.png (185.81 KiB) Viewed 12520 times
Last edited by KnightDelight on Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

HAH!! :lol: Nicely done, Knight. Gotta love Dietzel chiming in.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Applause, applause!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Oh, that's truly fine work, KnightDelight! :lol: :!:
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

I liked that, Knightdelight! Thanks for the laugh!
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Love it, Knight!
:lol: :lol:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous