Hey Sis 2014-01-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Re: Hey Sis 2014-01-09

Post by shadowinthelight »

lake_wrangler wrote:I think Atsali's phone has TVTropes on speed-dial... :P
No, it's an Android phone. TVTropes is bookmarked in her browser.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Radical_Knight wrote:Well, CRAPP! I wrote a great novel here praising Mr. Taylor of his talents and artistry then in conclusion hit Ctrl+W instead of Shift+W; which effectively tossed everything into THE GREAT NOTHING!!!

I remember this: Of course he prowls the comments. Most of the people who comment here are a goldmine of imagination and frighteningly insightful regarding the "Wapsiverse". Why NOT tapp the additional talents of those who contribute from the sidelines. In my opinion, a successful cartoonist does not rely on just his ideas unless his projects are for his amusement alone!

Again, Well done, Mr. Taylor!
yeah but most serious comic artists are actually NOT reading the comics forums and whatnot, just to prevent the inevitable "you stole MY idea" arguments and possible legal proceedings, if they never read the comments, then they can't get sued for it either...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Radical_Knight wrote:Well, CRAPP! I wrote a great novel here praising Mr. Taylor of his talents and artistry then in conclusion hit Ctrl+W instead of Shift+W; which effectively tossed everything into THE GREAT NOTHING!!!
on most browsers CRTL+SHIFT+T will re-open the last closed tab, and *IF* you are lucky, the page re-opens with the text you typed. I just tested that with Firefox (26) and it worked :).

(and if you keep going CRTL+SHIFT+T you can re-open the 2nd last closed tab, and the 3rd, etc.)

On Firefox you can also do that from within the History menu (with the benefit of being able to pick which page to re-open). Other browsers might have something similar.

Otherwise, some browsers have an option to restore the last session, which might have a similar result.

-----

ps: sometimes, when I'm being paranoid typing out a long post, every so often I'll select all the text (CTRL+A) and copy it to the clip board (CTRL+C), just in case :shock:
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

scantrontb wrote:yeah but most serious comic artists are actually NOT reading the comics forums and whatnot, just to prevent the inevitable "you stole MY idea" arguments and possible legal proceedings, if they never read the comments, then they can't get sued for it either...
Someone accused Pete Abrams of that. Since he does read the main Sluggy reaction threads, speculation is corralled into a separate forum for his protection. Hopefully we don't have anyone here that stupid.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Oh, puh-lease... In this universe, I would agree with you... but this is Wapsiverse! I knew quite well what I wrote! They can speed-dial tvTropes if they want to! Rule of funny says so!
illiad

Post by illiad »

Grantwhy wrote:
on most browsers CRTL+SHIFT+T will re-open the last closed tab, and *IF* you are lucky, the page re-opens with the text you typed. I just tested that with Firefox (26) and it worked :).

(and if you keep going CRTL+SHIFT+T you can re-open the 2nd last closed tab, and the 3rd, etc.)

On Firefox you can also do that from within the History menu (with the benefit of being able to pick which page to re-open). Other browsers might have something similar.

Otherwise, some browsers have an option to restore the last session, which might have a similar result.

-----

ps: sometimes, when I'm being paranoid typing out a long post, every so often I'll select all the text (CTRL+A) and copy it to the clip board (CTRL+C), just in case :shock:
there is an app for that :D
textarea-cache
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

illiad wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:
Radical_Knight wrote:
there is an app for that :D
textarea-cache
at a risk of derailing the thread :oops:

huh? Firefox really does have an app (add-on) for just about everything.

Now, if I could just find a replacement for Load Tabs Progressively :cry: [abandoned by it's developer - no longer works with up-to-date version of firefox]
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
Oh, puh-lease... In this universe, I would agree with you... but this is Wapsiverse! I knew quite well what I wrote! They can speed-dial tvTropes if they want to! Rule of funny says so!
Or, in other words:

Why sure, that would be the "NORMAL" thing to do. That's why the Rule of funny makes me expect PARAnormals to have tvTropes on speed-dial, instead...
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

For a whule, having had difficulties on a different board, i wrote my entire posts - including the formatting - in EditPad Lite and then just pasted before posting.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

Grantwhy wrote: at a risk of derailing the thread :oops:
(well, (checks date) this IS the current thread, nuthin ta do until monday...... :roll: what else is there to do?... {smilie for 'bored' :E }
Grantwhy wrote:huh? Firefox really does have an app (add-on) for just about everything.

Now, if I could just find a replacement for Load Tabs Progressively :cry: [abandoned by it's developer - no longer works with up-to-date version of firefox]
Have you tried FF ESR?? :ugeek: I find it accepts a lot more addons that the 'weekly' :)

have you tried 'Window and Tab Limiter' ?
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

illiad wrote:
Grantwhy wrote: at a risk of derailing the thread :oops:
(well, (checks date) this IS the current thread, nuthin ta do until monday...... :roll: what else is there to do?... {smilie for 'bored' :E }
Grantwhy wrote:huh? Firefox really does have an app (add-on) for just about everything.

Have you tried FF ESR?? :ugeek: I find it accepts a lot more addons that the 'weekly' :)
Oh yes - while Firefox ESR was on 17.x it was fine, the latest (two year old) release worked fine. Unfortunately the ESR has moved onto 24.x and Load Tabs Progressively doesn't work^ on anything newer than about FF 21. (and with the ESR 17 version no longer getting security updates keeping on using it is isn't an option for me)
illiad wrote:have you tried 'Window and Tab Limiter' ?
Looks interesting but not what I need/want. That add-on will close tabs/window over a certain number.

What I want is to be able to go into my bookmarks, right click on a folder (for the sake of this example, lets call it 'webcomics' ;)) and select Open All in Tabs. Now, instead of 100+ webpages all trying to open at the same time :shock: (especially on a computer with a slow connection speed), with Load Tabs Progressively Firefox will open the (100+) tabs but will NOT automatically start loading them. I can tell Firefox to load the pages one at a time (or two, or three etc) and how many pages to load in total (from 1 to all - I found 6 or 9 tabs loaded suited me). Close a tab and it will(should) load up another.

Once I got used to that it is very hard to give up.

^ I have however found a way of forcing Firefox to load/install Load Tabs Progressively. Unfortunately the newer versions still won't work. However, an older, buggier version DOES work and I can put up with that (mostly). How long it will work for is unknown which is why I'm looking for a replacement.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Like sands through an hourglass, so are the Days of our Web Browsers
singing: La da dee de, de de de de de de dar
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:Image
illiad wrote:Image
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

MerchManDan wrote:
illiad wrote:Image
At least this one allows for real world physics.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

MerchManDan wrote: Image
This one is hilarious! What anime is it from?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Kill La Kill. (no images at IMDB, for some reason, so here's its page on Know Your Meme.) I haven't seen any episodes myself, but have been assured that it's highly amazing. Lots of fanservice, though. Like, a LOT.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

MerchManDan wrote:Image
That one reminds me of an anime where the older sister looked like that and the younger sister looked like the picture with the ringing cell phone, and somebody had a pet giraffe to keep the gorilla company... (EDIT: School Rumble) I miss the Funimation Channel.

But yes that's also stretching the physics of "Victoria's Secret Compartment".
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.