Not Even 2014-01-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
NOTDilbert

Re: Not Even 2014-01-02

Post by NOTDilbert »

Bilbo54 wrote:I would have thought that it would have been more to correct for her to say "you're a naif".

(first ever post since lurking so long and lots of judos for such an engrossing and broad ranging plot-line and delightful envisioning of the characters)
No judo now, play nice. Here, have some of these snack cookies....they're called Kudos..... ;)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Bilbo54 wrote:I would have thought that it would have been more to correct for her to say "you're a naif".

(first ever post since lurking so long and lots of judos for such an engrossing and broad ranging plot-line and delightful envisioning of the characters)
I was going to say that - then i looked it up to discover if it was, in fact, a real word ... and discovered that, technically, it's masculine.

Whereupon any attempts to apply if to Monica resulted in the label sliding right off...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

NOTDilbert wrote:

No judo now, play nice. Here, have some of these snack cookies....they're called Kudos..... ;)
B-54's prolly been grappling with the right time to strike and throw out a comment.

Welcome, Bilbo! No trolls around here, maybe a few wise guys dragin' out the occasional pun or two...
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Hansontoons wrote:Welcome, Bilbo! No trolls around here, maybe a few wise guys dragin' out the occasional pun or two...

OCCASIONAL!!... HA!!... with what's in the Pun Jar right now, we could pay off the USA's National Debt AT LEAST twice over...

so far...

and as long as Paul keeps going with the comic strip, I'm sure we could even make it a third time as well... too bad we haven't figured out how to make a cash WITHDRAW from the pun jar yet... oh well...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

scantrontb wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:Welcome, Bilbo! No trolls around here, maybe a few wise guys dragin' out the occasional pun or two...

OCCASIONAL!!... HA!!... with what's in the Pun Jar right now, we could pay off the USA's National Debt AT LEAST twice over...

so far...

and as long as Paul keeps going with the comic strip, I'm sure we could even make it a third time as well... too bad we haven't figured out how to make a cash WITHDRAW from the pun jar yet... oh well...
We need the vault number, the key, and the location of the Jar. Include the multidimensional nature of the forum and we haven't a hope of ever finding those out.

Besides I would not want to be the one who opened the vault. All the things donated to the jar have just been jumbled up in there. Who knows how they have combined, or what life forms have mutated in there.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

zachariah wrote:
scantrontb wrote:

so far...

We need the vault number, the key, and the location of the Jar. Include the multidimensional nature of the forum and we haven't a hope of ever finding those out.

Besides I would not want to be the one who opened the vault. All the things donated to the jar have just been jumbled up in there. Who knows how they have combined, or what life forms have mutated in there.
Opening the pun jar could also result in this happening:

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20021220

and then this:

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20021223
Vive la weird!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

scantrontb wrote:too bad we haven't figured out how to make a cash WITHDRAW from the pun jar yet... oh well...
Antipuns?

(Historical Fact* of the Day: Antipun was the very grammatical yet highly unpopular king of Galilee from 11:42 AM to 7:58 PM on June 23rd, 39 AD. Followed in the succession by his much more popular brother, Antipasta.)

*Given certain very specific and kinda dubious meanings of the word "fact"
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Catawampus wrote:

That which can be proved or disproved is a fact. All else is conjecture of varying degrees.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Catawampus wrote:
scantrontb wrote:too bad we haven't figured out how to make a cash WITHDRAW from the pun jar yet... oh well...
Antipuns?

(Historical Fact* of the Day: Antipun was the very grammatical yet highly unpopular king of Galilee from 11:42 AM to 7:58 PM on June 23rd, 39 AD. Followed in the succession by his much more popular brother, Antipasta.)

Seminary puns. Not sure if you need to drop a rosary, a crucifix, or a copy of The Screwtape Letters in the pun jar as payment.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

jwhouk wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
Antipuns?

Seminary puns. Not sure if you need to drop a rosary, a crucifix, or a copy of The Screwtape Letters in the pun jar as payment.
Under these conditions... I'd say all three items would fill the bill (and pay it off).
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Catawampus wrote:
Antipuns?

Addendum to histerical fact: Antipasta was deposed by his repulsive other brother, Antimatter. He reigned only for a short time as his manner of being left the people a bit put off. He was replaced by cousin Whatsamatter U, however his time on the throne was rocky due to a couple loose screws.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Hansontoons wrote:[
Antipuns?

Addendum to histerical fact: Antipasta was deposed by his repulsive other brother, Antimatter. He reigned only for a short time as his manner of being left the people a bit put off. He was replaced by cousin Whatsamatter U, however his time on the throne was rocky due to a couple loose screws.
Oh you are so full of Bullwinkle!!! :twisted:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Mark N wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:[
Antipuns?

Oh you are so full of Bullwinkle!!! :twisted:
I try.

:D
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

One of these days i have to tell the story of the Swedish sailor who invented one of the most popular Italian foods...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Fairportfan wrote:One of these days i have to tell the story of the Swedish sailor who invented one of the most popular Italian foods...
Olaf Rigatoni?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Nope.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
as363

Post by as363 »

Welcome to the group and thanks for stepping forward into the firing line.Just make sure you have the proper resources to pay the Pun Vault - when you decide to make an "off the cuff" remark .
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Fairportfan wrote:One of these days i have to tell the story of the Swedish sailor who invented one of the most popular Italian foods...
Spaghetti Tacos?
General Tso's Southern Fried Emu?
Lemon Curry?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Nope.

Tomorrow. That is when I Shall Reveal All.

You will be amazed.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Has to be the contribution of Lars Arne Sagna. Lars was visiting Italy and loved the sauces and cheeses but was not terribly fond of the pasta. One of his favorite Swedish food items was the Swedish pancake, often eaten with lingonberry jam. One day while visiting Bologna, he was a guest in a friends home for the evening meal and the friend discovered that they were without pasta. Lars, thinking quickly, pulled from his sea bag a stack of pancakes that he had made earlier in the day to snack on while traveling. He asked for sauce and cheese and proceeded to layer the ingredients, then baked the dish until it was golden brown on top. The meal was consumed and declared a success. Wondering what to call it, Lars remarked just use his name. Well, saying his full name was bit of a tongue tangler for his host, so he decided to just use the two initials and last name, thus the dish of L. A. Sagna was created.

Right?