Show And Tell 2013-12-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Re: Show And Tell 2013-12-23

Post by Mark N »

lake_wrangler wrote:My bet is that the teacher knew ahead of time and knew that while potentially dangerous, Monica had proper self-control and would not harm anyone. Just like showing up with a stick of dynamite would not be dangerous unless lit... oh, wait... I'm not helping my case, am I... :roll:
I am betting that Monica is doing this as part as her position as roll model to the young para-normals.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

DilyV wrote:
[tigger voice] The most wonderful thing about whatsits,
Is whatsits are wonderful sprigs.
Their tops are made out of brambles,
their bottoms are made out of twigs.
They're boucey, trouncey, founcey, pouncey
Scrunch, scrunch, scrunch, scrunch, scrunch!
The most wonderful thing about Whatsits is...
Castela's the only one!!!! [/tigger voice]

*tosses a tumbleweed in the pun jar just to be safe*
^^^ Awesome! ^^^ :D
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:DUDE!!!!! Warn someone before you spring those things on us!!!! I had to deal with those bastards in Iraq.... *shudders*
Oh, terribly sorry. I been naughty and wicked. 8-) Coal in my stocking, day after tomorrow, no question about it.

You probably won't have been asking Santa for Lego set 9470, then. Don't research it. Don't look. No matter how curious you may be, no matter how intriguing the narrative hook... don't attempt to learn what it is. Ignore those little voices that whisper "But what if it's awesome?" and "It's just Legos, how bad could it be, you're brave enough" and "Maybe it comes with cookies and chocolate"... pay them no mind at all. Nothing bad will happen if you simply walk away and pretend you never read this... they won't really carry out their threat to drown a cute big-eyed fluffy little endangered animal if they don't get your web-click.

You really don't want to know. Your sanity may be at stake. You don't need to be ending up in a Lovecraft story. Don't go there.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(deep breath)AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Looks like we will have to be wary of one Castela W. (for Whatsit) Gilchrist when she grows up. That girl won't tolerate a boring world, and will do what she can to correct it. And what fun will be had!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:DUDE!!!!! Warn someone before you spring those things on us!!!! I had to deal with those bastards in Iraq.... *shudders*
Oh, terribly sorry. I been naughty and wicked. 8-) Coal in my stocking, day after tomorrow, no question about it.

You probably won't have been asking Santa for Lego set 9470, then. Don't research it. Don't look. No matter how curious you may be, no matter how intriguing the narrative hook... don't attempt to learn what it is. Ignore those little voices that whisper "But what if it's awesome?" and "It's just Legos, how bad could it be, you're brave enough" and "Maybe it comes with cookies and chocolate"... pay them no mind at all. Nothing bad will happen if you simply walk away and pretend you never read this... they won't really carry out their threat to drown a cute big-eyed fluffy little endangered animal if they don't get your web-click.

You really don't want to know. Your sanity may be at stake. You don't need to be ending up in a Lovecraft story. Don't go there.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(deep breath)AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
O_O Want's one we does, Precious...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Mark N wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:My bet is that the teacher knew ahead of time and knew that while potentially dangerous, Monica had proper self-control and would not harm anyone. Just like showing up with a stick of dynamite would not be dangerous unless lit... oh, wait... I'm not helping my case, am I... :roll:
I am betting that Monica is doing this as part as her position as roll model to the young para-normals.
Is Monica posing for Becky's work?
:P
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:Is Monica posing for Becky's work?
Can't tell for sure. Is she wearing pastries rather than a bra?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Is Monica posing for Becky's work?
Can't tell for sure. Is she wearing pastries rather than a bra?
hsss
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:Oh, terribly sorry. I been naughty and wicked. 8-) Coal in my stocking, day after tomorrow, no question about it.

NOTDilbert wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(deep breath)AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
Jabberwonky wrote:O_O Want's one we does, Precious...
And to add to the toy spider madness...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:And to add to the toy spider madness...
Gawd, that's amazing. Once they get the tougher custom servos into the design, and maybe a tougher shell... I wonder if some watchspring spiral elements and etc. could let them "wind up" up enough energy to get the thing to jump into the air?

Cyber Huntsman Spider is gonna.... getchoo! :lol:
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote: And to add to the toy spider madness...
The glowing blue eye reminds me of Dr. Sins robot spider from an episode of the old Johnny Quest series....

Unfortunately, if I had Adam Savage's money, this is exactly what I would spend it on. And, for a remote-controlled spider toy with a built-in Nerf gun, google Attacknids....
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Atomic wrote:
Cheesy1 wrote:I LOVE the big guy in the middle! :lol:
Does Charles Christopher have a cousin?
DilyV wrote:
Dave wrote:That was... :shock: ... well, it clearly shows that Castela has a wicked sense of fun. Let's just say that it was on a par with Calvin bringing his collection of camel spiders to class.

Possibly worse. For all we know, one or more of Castela's classmates considers camel spiders a yummy treat for an afternoon snack (or a favorite first cousin, or perhaps both).
DUDE!!!!! Warn someone before you spring those things on us!!!! I had to deal with those bastards in Iraq.... *shudders*
Why, if it isn't a lovely picture of the fuzzy cute jumping hug-and-poke-ya spider! They're sooo cuuuuute! (where's my hammer...)

Next week on Show and Tell , Dexter will bring his working Hydrogen Bomb model and demonstrate it's operation! Oh - anybody sensitive to X-rays?
These ugly suckers are prolly the only thing on the planet that would survive a nuclear bomb going off.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

DilyV wrote:These ugly suckers are prolly the only thing on the planet that would survive a nuclear bomb going off.

Oh, come ON!... Spiders!,... Pfft!. EVERYBODY knows that it's gonna be a fight to the finish between the Mutant Cockroaches and the Twinkies that have gained sentience from all the radiation whizzing about....
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

scantrontb wrote:
DilyV wrote:These ugly suckers are prolly the only thing on the planet that would survive a nuclear bomb going off.

Oh, come ON!... Spiders!,... Pfft!. EVERYBODY knows that it's gonna be a fight to the finish between the Mutant Cockroaches and the Twinkies that have gained sentience from all the radiation whizzing about....
...tardigrades. Liquid oxygen? Extreme heat? High radiation? Space? Meh. Those just make them take a nap.

I'm pretty sure tardigrades could survive Earth taking a direct hit from a Gamma Ray Burst... I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Black Holes severe indigestion.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Known poit protocol requires the poiter to have physically been to the location to which they wish to poit at least once before. So ... when was Monica heretofore in that classroom?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

KnightDelight wrote:Known poit protocol requires the poiter to have physically been to the location to which they wish to poit at least once before. So ... when was Monica heretofore in that classroom?
I don't think Monica had ever been inside that Port-a-Pottie before.

And how did she manage to get to the sandbar the first time?
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Fairportfan wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:Known poit protocol requires the poiter to have physically been to the location to which they wish to poit at least once before. So ... when was Monica heretofore in that classroom?
I don't think Monica had ever been inside that Port-a-Pottie before.

And how did she manage to get to the sandbar the first time?
Or Nudge to the volcano? http://wapsisquare.com/comic/and-the-ho ... oad-in-on/
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

My2Cents wrote: Or Nudge to the volcano? http://wapsisquare.com/comic/and-the-ho ... oad-in-on/
True, I would seriously doubt that she had been to a volcanic caldera before.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Or, for that matter, did that snow land on the cruise ship accidentally, or did she aim it?
=====================
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The main poit rule has to be a place the person has actually seen. With photography being what it is, she was able to imagine a spot just over Lake Calhoun. Perhaps it also ties with her ability to see a person's darkest fear - and, "knowing" this, transporting them to that location.

It also explains what happened that first time with Bud, too, if you think about it.

Merry Christmas everyone!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin