What You Did 2013-12-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: What You Did 2013-12-19

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:Keeping the bitch attitude for public consumption but privately acknowledging the kindness.
Jessie didn't really like having to do it either. But she couldn't pretend it didn't happen. SO saving face and thanking in private allowed her to do it in a way acceptable to her.
And maybe, by being willing to face up to her own embarrassment and say "thanks" (even privately) Jessie may have grown up a little.

It's not over for Jessie, though. After that "stunt", she owes Atsali, and she knows it. Atsali has "hung an ob" on her (to use the Gand term). I don't think Jessie will feel comfortable with the situation until she's had the opportunity to properly balance the scales (so to speak) and pay off this obligation "in kind" somehow. Until then she'll have that itchy feeling of being in social debt... and it's hard to have your nose properly elevated into the air under such circumstances ;)
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

If flipper is impressed with "juggs" wait until she sees the legs and wings in their natural form.

It is unlikely to happen, but I would love to see one of the B**chy girls fall off of something high and have Atsali do the flying save like she did with her mom. That would be epic.

Ooooo better yet save one from a fish net with the flying rescue!

B: "You . . .you can fly?"
A: "Better than you can swim, now shut up and enjoy the view"
B:"I can see my house from here. . ."
:lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I wonder. The only ones who get to call Monica names like "Jugs" are her really close friends, like Shelly. Atsali's new developments may lead to new developments.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Opus the Poet wrote:From what the boss (Hephaestus, my male deity) says Hades is a pretty chill dude. It's Persephone (daughter of Demeter, wife of Hades) who's hot. (of course Heph has Aphrodite as his beloved so he does have a standard for comparison)
Yeah, Hef always has the babes around... :lol:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

DilyV wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Are we having a "When Monica Met Shelly" moment here?
Atsali (all non chalant and continuing to tie her shoes): "You know... I have this aunt who is big breasted... I'd like you to meet her... the last time someone made a snide remark about her breasts, she poited them into a volcano... Oh yeah... by the way... She's the Jaguar Girl. Just sayin'..." *walks out singing Fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads, fish heads fish heads eat them up yum!* :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fish heads! That goes a little ways back, when MTV played music videos. Great video. We'll maybe not great, but sufficiently weird. Hopefully Atsali's future is so bright she'll have to wear shades!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

My2Cents wrote:
jayessell wrote:"You're welcome, Flipper."
(Maybe Atsali would just Think that last bit.)
Atsali (softly): "In an orphanage you learn you have to be able to depend on each other."

Leaves Gotlieb nothing to focus her anger on, and could force her to question her own behavior.
You forget how creative Bitches can be..... "(Smirk) You're from an orphanage? OMG!" (Struts off, snickering) "Heey, Krystle! Guess what......"
Dave

Post by Dave »

kingklash wrote:I wonder. The only ones who get to call Monica names like "Jugs" are her really close friends, like Shelly.
Yup. The rest of us must be careful to address her more formally, or receive a biting "That's Ms. Pocket Elf to you, mister!" *poit*
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

meisdadoo wrote:If flipper is impressed with "juggs" wait until she sees the legs and wings in their natural form.

It is unlikely to happen, but I would love to see one of the B**chy girls fall off of something high and have Atsali do the flying save like she did with her mom. That would be epic.
:lol:
Ever watch video of an eagle grabbing a fish out of the water?

(AN osprey, most likely - just before the noble bald eagle swooped down and beat it up and stole its fish. Which is why Ben Franklin advocated the turkey as the national bird.)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

GuySmiley wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:
^^That!
It would be a fairly appropriate response towards someone named Gotlieb. ;) (hopefully someone gets the joke there)
I feel a dope slap coming, but sorry, I don't get it.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Flipper was Jewish? :shock:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Dr. Otter wrote:
I feel a dope slap coming, but sorry, I don't get it.
Well, the German translation is God's Love (or God's (offspring)Son). I mean, I got the Flipper ref from the old TV show, but anything else, nah, me either :?:
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

PS:
If that was a test, Gotelieb failed.
She needs extra training in morphing.

If Atsali's morphing is so limited she needs special clothing,
she needs extra training in morphing.

Maybe they'll be in the same classes?

"OK, let's see your natural forms to see what we have to work on...WHOA!!!"
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

NOTDilbert wrote:
My2Cents wrote:Atsali (softly): "In an orphanage you learn you have to be able to depend on each other."

Leaves Gotlieb nothing to focus her anger on, and could force her to question her own behavior.
You forget how creative Bitches can be..... "(Smirk) You're from an orphanage? OMG!" (Struts off, snickering) "Heey, Krystle! Guess what......"
And you are right, she might.

But imagine what it will be like after she does it, and uses it to repeatedly demean Atsali, if there is a school function and some of Atsali's aunts show up.

greeting: Hello Ms. [Villareal / Wahnee / Phix / Budur / etc.] I'm Mr./Mrs. Gotlieb. Please to meet you.
reply: Oh, so you’re the little asshole's father/mother.

Then guess who gets grounded for a small eternity. If Gotlieb has the personality that would do what you describe, you know that at least one of her parents will be a major social climber. Who has just learned that their daughter has committed a major faux pas and pissed off a number of the top ranking paranormals.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

GuySmiley wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:
^^That!
It would be a fairly appropriate response towards someone named Gotlieb. ;) (hopefully someone gets the joke there)
NOTDilbert wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote: I feel a dope slap coming, but sorry, I don't get it.
Well, the German translation is God's Love (or God's (offspring)Son). I mean, I got the Flipper ref from the old TV show, but anything else, nah, me either :?:
I found the link/worked out the joke - and it's a good one by GuySmiley :D

Oh, right, I should do that 'sharing' thing :mrgreen:

googling Gotlieb won't get you the answer, googling Gotlieb flipper will.

and for those want to find it for themselves, I'll hide the answer link thingie, and for those that don't, click HERE and HERE
(bonus: google image search results page HERE)
(bonus bonus :shock: : youtube Gottlieb Flipper video HERE [I suspect GuySmiley has seen that one already ;)])
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I have to admit thats pretty big of Jessie to come out and thank Atsali for her kindness. Not really a "Monica/Shelly" moment.....more of a"Jo/Blair" moment, right Mrs. Garrett? :lol:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

OHHHHH.

Ding ding dingdingdingding ding...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Grantwhy wrote: I found the link/worked out the joke - and it's a good one by GuySmiley :D

Oh, right, I should do that 'sharing' thing :mrgreen:

googling Gotlieb won't get you the answer, googling Gotlieb flipper will.

and for those want to find it for themselves, I'll hide the answer link thingie, and for those that don't, click HERE and HERE
(bonus: google image search results page HERE)
(bonus bonus :shock: : youtube Gottlieb Flipper video HERE [I suspect GuySmiley has seen that one already ;)])
I don't think Atsali has ever played pinball, even if she HAS visited Arcades before - Doesn't seem like a modern-Teen thing, but I'm not current on teen tropes....
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Grantwhy wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote: I feel a dope slap coming, but sorry, I don't get it.
I found the link/worked out the joke - and it's a good one by GuySmiley :D
Wow! And friends accuse me of obscure references. Well played, Guy and Grantwhy. Well played.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Flipper was Jewish? :shock:
Makes sense. If Flipper was catholic it couldn't eat fish of Friday and would starve.(I know that's wrong but it adds to the humor. lol).
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Everyone has been enjoying coming up with snarky come backs and scenario's where Gotlieb gets embarrassed, meets the aunt, etc. But it isn't going to happen. Sali is basically too nice to arrange something like that on purpose. Most likely she will keep to her low profile and just stay in the back ground. Shrugging these thing soff is her way. SO don't expect any fireworks like that.
I suspect the whole purpose is to show Sali while people can be mean they can also be nice. This will reenforce her behavior of being a nice person. Of course the bear twins have yet to show up too. I think they will change th dynamic of the social groups. Especially with their highly skilled morphing abilities.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.