Keep Concertrating 2013-12-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: Keep Concertrating 2013-12-17

Post by jwhouk »

It'd have to be Wapsi Square 55403 to be accurate. ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Dave wrote:Ummm... yeah. Ouch. Self-induced fabric-snapping wedgie. :shock:

I believe that qualifies as a thermo-nuclear atomic wedgie. And even for the non-testicle bearing members of the audience that has to hurt by osmosis.
Contrary to popular belief, getting hit, kicked, wedgied there hurts just as much for us women(yes, from the experience of being bullied for years).
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

meisdadoo wrote:Concerning Atsali's development. We saw her as an adolescent that was afraid of falling--even though she could already fly, then develop huge wings and tail enabling her to rescue Kathrine, then BAZINGA her chest "muscles" developed. I am looking forward to seeing her "adult" paranormal version--I am hoping that her voice becomes "irresistible" and she does the old Jedi mind trick,
Atsali "This was not my fault.."
Gottlieb "this was not your fault..."
:lol:
Not likely to happen. Unless Wapsi is different the siren voice only works on the opposite sex, assuming there are male sirens that is. Other wise sirens voices only work on men. This may be why they are considered sluts. A lot of women feel any other women who can attract men so easily has to have very loose morals. The sad thing is that often they project on to the target blame for what they would probably be doing if they had that power to attract. SO stories are spread. Sadly many men will also assume the moral behavior of a very attractive female is that way for the same reason. Both sets of idiots always cause trouble.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

DinkyInky wrote:Contrary to popular belief, getting hit, kicked, wedgied there hurts just as much for us women(yes, from the experience of being bullied for years).
But ... how would you really know?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

If a full-on fight does happen, a number of factors will come into play:
1) I don't think I am alone in assuming Mrs. Adler is a badass.
2) this is a paranormal school. I highly doubt that school's admin would put someone too weak to control a class full of adolescent (and thus emotionally unstable) superheroes. Any teacher in that school will most likely be quite powerful. And a swimming teacher will most likely have some advantage in water. If this isn't the case, then the ParaSchool probably has a security force, possibly a division of MIB.
3) Astali is fundamentally different at her core from the others. She's an orphan, and spent much of her time in the orphanage watching over and caring for Castela. And then she had a database full of the twisted minds of the (Anasazi? Or other people) downloaded into her head. I'm not sure if she saw the Nui Gui, but if she did, she also has firsthand experience with one of the most evil things we've seen in the Wapsiverse. Basically, her whole life has been a series of "Break the Cutie" moments.

That kind of life will likely give her a maturity far beyond that of Gotlieb.

If a fight happens, it will be over almost instantaneously. Either Mrs. Adler will finish it, or the ParaSchool's security force will, or... Failing that, Astali will end it. Even if she can't Siren Sing Gotlieb into submission, she can certainly tap into whatever dark corner of her mind holds the memories of her adventure. She wouldn't even have to go full Siren and Hulk out of her suit. She would just have to speak softly and carry a big stick.

[fanfic] Gotlieb made a move for Astali. Without even breaking her human form, Astali grabbed Gotlieb by her gilled neck, squeezed firmly, and glared directly into the mermaid's eyes. "You may want to reconsider your next actions, fishy. I have seen evils with my own eyes that you can only imagine in the throes of a fevered nightmare. I have withstood the mental assault of an entire civilization of twisted, insane, horrific people, who had been locked away in a hole for thousands of years, fermenting in their fetid insanity." She spoke in a whisper, barely audible to the rest of the class, but Gotlieb could tell that Astali was not to be trifled with. [/fanfic]
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

GlytchMeister wrote:
[fanfic] Gotlieb made a move for Astali. Without even breaking her human form, Astali grabbed Gotlieb by her gilled neck, squeezed firmly, and glared directly into the mermaid's eyes. "You may want to reconsider your next actions, fishy. I have seen evils with my own eyes that you can only imagine in the throes of a fevered nightmare. I have withstood the mental assault of an entire civilization of twisted, insane, horrific people, who had been locked away in a hole for thousands of years, fermenting in their fetid insanity." She spoke in a whisper, barely audible to the rest of the class, but Gotlieb could tell that Astali was not to be trifled with. [/fanfic]

That works quite well here. You have talent my friend.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Mark N wrote:That works quite well here. You have talent my friend.
Thank you! I don't really know where I pull this stuff out from. I guess it helps that I've read my way through a small library. Hopefully the book I'm writing will benefit from this as well.

I'm glad things turned out differently. My scenario doesn't solve the conflict, it just... Well, it ends it, in much the same way a gun ends a knife fight.
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

KnightDelight wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Contrary to popular belief, getting hit, kicked, wedgied there hurts just as much for us women(yes, from the experience of being bullied for years).
I guess the best way to find out would be to count the average number and distribution of pain nociceptors for both males and females, across all ages and genetic subgroups.

Then, to really know, we could find the pain threshold for each nociceptor. Areas with the highest nociceptor density and the lowest average pain threshold have the highest sensitivity to pain. Areas with few nociceptors which all have high pain thresholds aren't very sensitive to pain.

And finally, to turn this whole thing up to 11 and break the knob off, we can determine what type of pain each nociceptor responds to (heat, pressure, etc)

Then we'll know what areas are most sensitive to certain types of pain.

I'm pretty sure anybody who actually does this will earn the nickname Dr. Pain.

This data will not only settle a very long debate, but it will give us some interesting insight into how pain works across all demographics, which may be helpful to people trying to develop painkillers... Or people trying to develop new and exciting ways to torture someone (in both the Guantanamo Bay sense and the BDSM sense)

...I think I may have just made about 7000 people very unhappy test subjects...
I'm too much!
Julie

Post by Julie »

KnightDelight wrote:
She may not know how it feels for a guy, but when you take into account that women have a crack behind and also between...and the between frequently is exceptionally sensitive...yeah...thermo-nuclear atomic wedgies can really hurt with a pain that lingers. I can't say that I've had a wedgie forced on me (so I've never experienced the thermo-nuclear atomic pain), but accidental wedgies have been bad enough to make me think she's probably on point with her assertion. :oops: :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

GlytchMeister wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:But ... how would you really know?
I guess the best way to find out would be to count the average number and distribution of pain nociceptors for both males and females, across all ages and genetic subgroups.
Either that, or go out and disturb a pair of snakes who were getting intimate.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Well, to me a slam to the boys is much like a really hard punch to the stomach. So if a slam to the vaginal area is much the same as that for women, we could have a basis for comparison.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My2Cents wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:It's not so much the size change as the fact that the bifurcation the suit used to run through suddenly became a single solid mass.
I don't see how if it were imbedded in her flesh that would lead to the suit bottom being destroyed like that. It might produce some extremely health threatening effects.

It seems more likely that the legs would have fused starting from the crotch and proceeding down the legs until it get to the heel, with the rest of the foot forming the tail. This push the crotch of the suit ahead of it until the suit stretched to the point it snaps, as happened, and produce the maximum possible wedgie followed by the broken rubber band effect. Double ouch! The skin at the point where it is fusing is also likely to be more tender than the rest, increasing the pain even more.
That's what i meant.

Even if it happened instantaneously instead of progressively (or all-at-one-time, over a short period of time), the suit bottom was split because what it contained suddenly became uncontainable.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

It just occurred to me that this thread is named "keep concertrating" instead of "keep concentrating"...
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

When i'm setting up a thread, i copy/paste the page title.

Not only does that guarantee accuracy ... it's quicker.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

lake_wrangler wrote:It just occurred to me that this thread is named "keep concertrating" instead of "keep concentrating"...
Maybe there's live music in the background...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:It just occurred to me that this thread is named "keep concertrating" instead of "keep concentrating"...
Music and swimsuits ...

... maybe there's a confusion here between "a Siren's song" and "a Siren's thong"?
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Music and swimsuits ...

... maybe there's a confusion here between "a Siren's song" and "a Siren's thong"?
I thought that was the sound of a mermaid blowing out her swimsuit...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:Music and swimsuits ...

The Thong Song
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Given that it's a paranormal school, it could even be undead music.

"Und now ze Nosferatu Nine shall play ze vunderful 'Vampire Valtz' in H-minor, for your svimming pleasure."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Given that it's a paranormal school, it could even be undead music.

"Und now ze Nosferatu Nine shall play ze vunderful 'Vampire Valtz' in H-minor, for your svimming pleasure."
Or perhaps an extended jam by The Resentful Survivors?

Or, perhaps, Michael Quatro's "Waltz of the Gods". You have to be paranormal to dance this one gracefully, as the band is playing in two different time signatures simultaneously. Would be an amazing theme for the paranormal school's synchronized-swimming team!

It's here, starting right after the 15:00 point in the album.