What beverage would Tina get you?

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: What beverage would Tina get you?

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:So um, Miss Julie...this would probably be a bad place to send you too? In my defense, they have some gorgeous blends, and even some teas for the fanatics in all of us. The fandom blends are quite interesting.
I don't know whether I should thank you for sharing that, or swear at you for being evil. :P I think I'll go with....Thank you for sharing. :) I'll have to show this to the hubby and see if he has a minor fit over the prices of teas I'd want to try. :)
$39 for 10 samples 1 Oz Each, and well, nifty tins.
I am thinking of creating a few, because my son gave me ideas... :twisted:

THis blizzard and permafrost has delayed my packages, so I cannot tell you of my latest purchases yet, but when they get here and I brew a cuppa, I'll give a post here.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

"Dragon coffee extra dark?" the girl behind the counter asked as I entered. "Oh wait, that's a Hemiplegic Migraine Demon you've got there! Have an extra strong chocolate with cayenne. They hate cayenne, even with some 80 proof.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Having a somewhat unrefined palate, I don't typically order anything too complicated. Coffee is coffee; add some cream & sugar, boom done next. More than five varieties of tea? My head is spinning.
So when I think about what Tina would serve me, all I can imagine is her looking at me with pity.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

MerchManDan wrote:Having a somewhat unrefined palate, I don't typically order anything too complicated. Coffee is coffee; add some cream & sugar, boom done next. More than five varieties of tea? My head is spinning.
So when I think about what Tina would serve me, all I can imagine is her looking at me with pity.
No, she'd react much like with Amanda("see No Frou-frou" comic), and give you plain and simple basic coffee.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Ah, that's right; heh, either that or she'll brew up several different roasts and try to educate me on their differences. I do love learning new things, after all. :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I don't even drink coffee, so unless she does hot chocolate, I have no idea.
Engineering student who doesn't drink coffee?!?
Yeah. I don't want to have to rely on caffeine to get me up in the mornings. I'm no early bird, mind you. It's just if I begin using coffee, and then have to try and wake up and go to school/work without it one unfortunate day, I simply won't be able to. I wouldn't even be able to add numbers bigger than five together accurately or precisely.
If she does do hot chocolate, it would probably be something with a title like this if I came in on a bad day:

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE!
Liability release required. Please consult your doctor before consuming. You literally might die. Not intended for consumption by children 17 and younger or any sensible organic carbon-based life forms.

It'd be about the consistency of melted ice cream, with chocolate fudge, chocolate whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and one of those chocolate-lined straws made out of that crunchy bread stuff.

If I was in a good mood, I'd probably just get regular hot chocolate with some marshmallows.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Alton Brown on the TV show Good Eats once said the best hot chocolate can be made by melting a couple of really good fudgsicles.... Haven't tried it yet....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

NOTDilbert wrote:Alton Brown on the TV show Good Eats once said the best hot chocolate can be made by melting a couple of really good fudgsicles.... Haven't tried it yet....
DUUUDE... That sounds like an excellent idea!
Soooo wanting hot-fudgsicle-chocolate right now... Mmmmm...
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:I don't even drink coffee, so unless she does hot chocolate, I have no idea.
Yeah. I don't want to have to rely on caffeine to get me up in the mornings. I'm no early bird, mind you. It's just if I begin using coffee, and then have to try and wake up and go to school/work without it one unfortunate day, I simply won't be able to. I wouldn't even be able to add numbers bigger than five together accurately or precisely.
If she does do hot chocolate, it would probably be something with a title like this if I came in on a bad day:

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE!
Liability release required. Please consult your doctor before consuming. You literally might die. Not intended for consumption by children 17 and younger or any sensible organic carbon-based life forms.

It'd be about the consistency of melted ice cream, with chocolate fudge, chocolate whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and one of those chocolate-lined straws made out of that crunchy bread stuff.

If I was in a good mood, I'd probably just get regular hot chocolate with some marshmallows.
Careful, you can have too much of a good thing. My relative (whom I shall not incriminate) was hospitalised for overconsumption of chocolate goodness. Their kidneys could not filter it out fast enough, and started to say, "Oh, @#$%^! Time to reboot OS, LOADING...PLEASE WAIT", so they had an extended stay in hospital, right as I was supposed to go on holiday. I still went, under protest(Marine Corps Ball invite, plus tour of Camp LeJeune and the sights). I am more conservative with such, and parcel it out in daily bites.

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:I don't even drink coffee, so unless she does hot chocolate, I have no idea.

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE!

Careful, you can have too much of a good thing. My relative (whom I shall not incriminate) was hospitalised for overconsumption of chocolate goodness. Their kidneys could not filter it out fast enough, and started to say, "Oh, @#$%^! Time to reboot OS, LOADING...PLEASE WAIT", so they had an extended stay in hospital, right as I was supposed to go on holiday. I still went, under protest(Marine Corps Ball invite, plus tour of Camp LeJeune and the sights). I am more conservative with such, and parcel it out in daily bites.
Thus, the legal warning. And that's also why I would only take such extreme chocolaty measures on a bad day. I wonder how much chocolate they ate to cause that?
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:Engineering student who doesn't drink coffee?!?

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE!
You do realize that the theobromine in chocolate is a close chemical cousin to caffeine, and has essentially the same potential for addiction?

I'm definitely a caffeine fiend myself (many decades as a software nerd... it's obligatory, unless you bring a note fom your mother counter-signed by your doctor) and would hate to try to give it up. My wife tried, a few months ago... and after a very nasty month of headaches, lethargy, and crushing recurrence of her depression decided to give up the attempt to "go pure". One small cup per day is a more effective antidepressant for her than any of the prescription SSRIs she has tried and has fewer side-effects, so she decided "what the hell!"
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote: You do realize that the theobromine in chocolate is a close chemical cousin to caffeine, and has essentially the same potential for addiction?

I'm definitely a caffeine fiend myself (many decades as a software nerd... it's obligatory, unless you bring a note fom your mother counter-signed by your doctor) and would hate to try to give it up. My wife tried, a few months ago... and after a very nasty month of headaches, lethargy, and crushing recurrence of her depression decided to give up the attempt to "go pure". One small cup per day is a more effective antidepressant for her than any of the prescription SSRIs she has tried and has fewer side-effects, so she decided "what the hell!"
Yeah, I knew that. But I don't depend on chocolate to wake up and go to school. It's comfort food.
I once got really addicted to caffeine via soda. It wreaked havoc on my circadian rhythm and my health and fitness, and once those went out of whack, my grades suffered.
I had my "oh, shit!" moment, and realized that not only does my family have a history absolutely riddled with addiction, but I too was addicted to chocolate, video games, and caffeine.
Caffeine and video games came to a dead stop for a while. Chocolate... Well, it was reduced. I began eating healthier, and started exercising.
Now that I've got everything under control, I have loosened my self-imposed restrictions, but there are still some things you will never see me do... I know I am susceptible to addiction, so I will never drink alcohol, or do any illegal drugs, or smoke. You will, however, see me eat chocolate with reckless abandon on a really bad day, and I do drink caffeinated beverages and play video games occasionally.
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Hi. My name is Joe, and I'm a third-generation Choloholic.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Depending on the day she would get me anything from Hot Chocolate with an espresso shot to an iced mocha (I find at least a little caffeine to be important). I also have those plain coffee days.
Last edited by Mark N on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Too much of anything can be bad for you.

It's just that with some things (plutonium ingestion, syphilis infections, incoming artillery rounds, etc.), "too much" can start at "any at all" and then escalates rather alarmingly from that point.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Catawampus wrote:Too much of anything can be bad for you.

It's just that with some things (plutonium ingestion, syphilis infections, incoming artillery rounds, etc.), "too much" can start at "any at all" and then escalates rather alarmingly from that point.

True, but just enough stops the migraines (and the throttling of idiots).
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Marcus P. Stacker, of Bungie's Halo franchise:
"HOW DOES 90 MILLIMETERS OF TUNGSTEN STRIKE YA?"
Said when an alien gets blown the hell up by a Scorpion tank round. :twisted:

O2F2 also belongs to this list.

(Sooo many text codes...)
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:

I would think that incoming artillery rounds would eliminate the need to throttle idiots, regardless of whether the rounds landed on you or on the idiots. Also should stop the migraines, rather permanently.

Would that mean that "any at all" would be "too much", or "just enough"? ;)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Mark N wrote:

Why would you want to stop throttling idiots?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Mark N wrote:

Why would you want to stop throttling idiots?
Society tends to frown on it and the law enforcement community tends to get involved.