Cherokee Wisdom 2013-12-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
My2Cents

Re: Cherokee Wisdom 2013-12-12

Post by My2Cents »

Going to be an interesting clique showing up at that school, for those over 6' tall.

It won't last long. Those 3 are so nice that they will pick up those rejected by the 'in' groups, no matter what shape they are.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Imagining these three entering the halls of academe, I could only hear one thing. 8-)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

The girl on the left seems to be considering what
would be an appropriate chest size for herself.
Be the small of small/medium/large, match her sister, or split the difference?

What are those sleeves?
Is that a thing?

Atsali's mom may have issues with that skirt.

I hope Pickle doesn't say "I liked you better as bears!"
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

jayessell wrote:What are those sleeves?
Is that a thing?
Arm warmers. They are probably compensating for the lack of warm fur. :lol:

We also have something similar at work. But those are made with kevlar to keep people from slicing themselves on sharp metal.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

DAWWWWWWWWW she has friends!

... and massive boobs.
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

My2Cents wrote:Going to be an interesting clique showing up at that school, for those over 6' tall.

It won't last long. Those 3 are so nice that they will pick up those rejected by the 'in' groups, no matter what shape they are.
Rather like this group of friends from another comic I follow.

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2298

"Oh Lord, we've adopted another one."
slywlf

Post by slywlf »

Fairportfan wrote:Cherokee, huh?

Hmmm. Wasn't aware of Cherokee bear stories.

Mostly i know about Spearfinger and the Raven Mockers.

Both are Names to Run Away From Really Fast
Fascinating stories! Not being familiar with much Cherokee folk lore this made for an interesting morning of reading, with more to come. I love learning at least one new thing daily - this makes my day's ration -with dessert :D
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Aed wrote:The Cherokee describes themselves as Friends of Thunder, but I could not recall any stories about bears.

Did a bit of research and found a couple of interesting Bear tales, Origin of the Bear: Bear Songs and The Bear Man.

As you can read there is some shape changing in the tales of old but not nearly at the same level as the ursa-morphs sisters.
More here and here. What? I like reading folklore. Way better tales than what you get in the "best sellers" list these days.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

:shock:

Their "great grandmother"??????

Bia, or Phix?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

Now that Berdine and Nadette have adopted somewhat more distinct appearances, can someone tell us which one is which? I couldn't quite resolve that in their base forms.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Okay...so who will be the first to color today's strip? ;)
jwhouk wrote::shock:

Their "great grandmother"??????

Bia, or Phix?
Probably not either. :) Remember, Shelly is part Comanche, not Cherokee...and she had to have gotten the Comanche ancestry through her dad's dad (given the fact that her mom is a Titan and doesn't descend from Native Americans and her father's mother is a sphinx...and therefore also doesn't descend from Native Americans). These girls very likely have zero relation to Shelly, Phix, or Bia...unless Bia got around full on Greco-Roman god-style. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Hey, I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

And yes, I'm sorry, I made the dumb white man mistake. I couldn't remember Comanche over Cherokee.

And as for who's who... It looks like Berdine is the one in the tank tops/halters, while Nadette is the one in a full shirt. So in today's installment, the three girls are from the left Berdine, Atsali, and Nadette.

What's strange is, it was Berdine who made the snide comment about bra-stuffing.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Cool. Cherokees are good people.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Well, I suppose that a short skirt is one way to distract attention from further up.
jwhouk wrote:And as for who's who... It looks like Berdine is the one in the tank tops/halters, while Nadette is the one in a full shirt. So in today's installment, the three girls are from the left Berdine, Atsali, and Nadette.
Other way around, I think, unless the sisters have also traded personalities. Berdine's the chatterbox, remember. The girl with the. . .weird top that stops before the shoulders and has a loop around the neck (yeah, my fashion knowledge is less than complete) has said all of two words in the last couple strips.

So: Nadette, Atsali, and Berdine.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Catawampus wrote:Well, I suppose that a short skirt is one way to distract attention from further up.
jwhouk wrote:And as for who's who... It looks like Berdine is the one in the tank tops/halters, while Nadette is the one in a full shirt. So in today's installment, the three girls are from the left Berdine, Atsali, and Nadette.
Other way around, I think, unless the sisters have also traded personalities. Berdine's the chatterbox, remember. The girl with the. . .weird top that stops before the shoulders and has a loop around the neck (yeah, my fashion knowledge is less than complete) has said all of two words in the last couple strips.

I was about to say the same thing. The Ursa girls can morph their bodies and clothes, but they can't change their personalities. It's probably safer to identify based on who is talking the most.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Catawampus wrote:Well, I suppose that a short skirt is one way to distract attention from further up.

Yes.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

It could be like Shelly's parents. The grandmother may have been a human, or human-looking being (like Shelly's dad). The father being an Ursamorph. Perhaps even something more basic than these Ursamorphs. They have human features because of the mating with a human. My point being, the grandmother could have quite human and a regular member of the tribe. She just mated, perhaps secretly, with a paranormal of some sort. Result ... the bear twins we now see. Apparently there are more Ursamorphs than these two so such matings may be fairly common as these things go. Of course if dad could morph as well as these two, the tribe would not have been any the wiser even if he lived among them as well.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jayessell wrote:The girl on the left seems to be considering what
would be an appropriate chest size for herself.
Going by previous pages, i'm guessing that's Berdine, but that would mean that's Nadette talking in this panel - while i thinke Berdine's been the main talker up till now.

==================

Oops - Paul says i'm wrong.
Last edited by Fairportfan on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

slywlf wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Cherokee, huh?

Hmmm. Wasn't aware of Cherokee bear stories.

Mostly i know about Spearfinger and the Raven Mockers.

Both are Names to Run Away From Really Fast
Fascinating stories! Not being familiar with much Cherokee folk lore this made for an interesting morning of reading, with more to come. I love learning at least one new thing daily - this makes my day's ration -with dessert :D
I first encountered Spearfinger in Stoneskin's Revenge, a novel by Georgia fantasy author Tom Deitz (who died in 2009).

I had read several of his books - mostly set in North Georgia and involving both Celtic and Cherokee myth - before i discovered that he was a friend's roommate at U of GA.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wapsi wrote:

Yes.
SO when did they switch their preferences in tops?

When they're introducing themselves, i noticed that Berdine's the one in the top with spaghetti straps (for want of a better term)
intro.jpg
intro.jpg (40.15 KiB) Viewed 7657 times
but now Nadette is the one in the halter top?

(I figured that was supposed to be a way to keep track.)
=====================
=====================
mike weber