Atsali Castela Got Your Back 2013-12-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
NOTDilbert

Atsali Castela Got Your Back 2013-12-01

Post by NOTDilbert »

Again, thankful for the weekend art posts, and the guest art from your awesome artist pals!
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Opus the Poet

Re: Atsali Castela Got Your Back 2013-12-01

Post by Opus the Poet »

From previous strips and this one I think we can peg Castela's height at 30-32", or about right for a kid about to enter kin-dirt-garden.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

What's with the 'Frankie Says', though? It's cute, but I don't get it. Frankie?
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

chicgeek wrote:What's with the 'Frankie Says', though? It's cute, but I don't get it. Frankie?

You must be a youngin. It was a big line of T-Shirts back in the 80's based on a song from the group Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Hee! No, I'm an old'un. Creaking past the half century mark. Frankie slipped under my radar, I guess. Thanks for the answer!
as363

Post by as363 »

Mr.P. - I'm glad I friended your FB link - nice to see what you are up to (when you are not amazing us with you art and story telling here. Nice to have those snippets to read - while I wait for the next Wapsi post.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Mark N wrote:
chicgeek wrote:What's with the 'Frankie Says', though? It's cute, but I don't get it. Frankie?
You must be a youngin. It was a big line of T-Shirts back in the 80's based on a song from the group Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
We discussed it here a while back, and i pointed out that it's properly "Frankie Say Relax" (and i found some pics that backed that up) because it's not a person named Frankie saying it, it's the members of the band saying it collectively.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sali now has a lot more room for advertising on her t-shirts.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Is it just me does everyone wish these art pages stay up for a good long while? I love Atsali being confident and bold because it shows the current situation is going to be resolved in a positive manner. And besides Castela is just so cuuuuuuttte.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

Man does that T-Shirt take me back, back over 30 years and I think I might still have the Frankie 'Welcome to the Pleasuredome" CD!
Vive la weird!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I can haz question? hehe Has Castela given up on making her eyes look human? We saw her trying when we first met her... I was wondering if she made any headway.

I love this piece... Always loved the song, and Atsali's stance says "Don't mess with us!"
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

DilyV wrote:I can haz question? hehe Has Castela given up on making her eyes look human? We saw her trying when we first met her... I was wondering if she made any headway.

I love this piece... Always loved the song, and Atsali's stance says "Don't mess with us!"
I imagine she's still trying - maybe the MIB kid-dirt garden has a shapeshift tutor. That may, in fact, be how she got so knowledgeable about the Ursamorph twins. I hope they prove Atsali's fears of rejection false - they seem very straightforward and truly friendly.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Woo.

Even without the augmentation to her upper-story structure, with that pixie face, platinum hair, all-over (apparently) freckles and those legs, Atsali won't have to be a siren to wreak havoc in the ranks of hormone-addled boys (and likely some girls) her own age...
Last edited by Fairportfan on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

JSStryker wrote:Man does that T-Shirt take me back, back over 30 years and I think I might still have the Frankie 'Welcome to the Pleasuredome" CD!
the real question is why did the chaperon let her go shopping in Spencer's Cards and Gifts--the have stuff in their that is not appropriate for young ladies--bachelor parties perhaps, but not little shrubs going into kin-dirt garden

And don't ask me how I know Spencer's sells those Tee-shirts. . . . :oops:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

meisdadoo wrote:
the real question is why did the chaperon let her go shopping in Spencer's Cards and Gifts--the have stuff in their that is not appropriate for young ladies--bachelor parties perhaps, but not little shrubs going into kin-dirt garden

And don't ask me how I know Spencer's sells those Tee-shirts. . . . :oops:
Spencer's is still around? I have not seen one in a decade.

I know I'm getting old now. I remember the store that came before The Barefoot Mailman in the 70's.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Mark N wrote:
meisdadoo wrote:And don't ask me how I know Spencer's sells those Tee-shirts. . . . :oops:
There's quite a few Spencer's here in the 'Peg; not my first destination for clothing/accessories or home décor, but some interesting items nonetheless.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

MerchManDan wrote:
Mark N wrote:
meisdadoo wrote:And don't ask me how I know Spencer's sells those Tee-shirts. . . . :oops:
There's quite a few Spencer's here in the 'Peg; not my first destination for clothing/accessories or home décor, but some interesting items nonetheless.
Yes, got a Spencer's near me as well. The most interesting thing about them is that they simply haven't changed in the least since the 1970s -- not at all. Just update the celebrities and musicians on the posters and T-Shirts, and there you go!
Black-light posters in the back, goofy toys/gear/games in the middle, and T-Shirt du Jour up front. Solid business plan.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

To me, Spencer's feels like it has changed quite a bit. It used to have some of everything for everybody but now feels like their focus is overwhelmingly on the drinking/weed smoking college crowd. Much less fantasy and fun to be had.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

I can't but not notice that Atsali has her left hand curled into a strong looking fist.

Which for some reason makes me see Castela's facial expression as her "My big sister can rip a grown man in half" look.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

Grantwhy wrote:I can't but not notice that Atsali has her left hand curled into a strong looking fist.

Which for some reason makes me see Castela's facial expression as her "My big sister can rip a grown man in half" look.
Atsali: "don't mess with us!"

Castella: "go ahead and try! :twisted:" (or, if you prefer, insert your favorite Clint Eastwood line here)
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)