The Wrong Person 2013-11-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Catawampus

Re: The Wrong Person 2013-11-25

Post by Catawampus »

THe kalendar machine being stopped and the need of jin beubng helped to be better are where when Kaherine and Monica together (last on September 23 24 2010( so Katherine would know of those being done by Monica and could probably have told kids about the those fun adventures as bedtime stories or somethin.g The Jagar Girl parts of the story happen after that so there' sno way to tell if Katherine knows of that, also since she sn't part of Monica's Jaguar Girl change story even if she does know she might not be as likely to bring it up to her kids because htat would be more talking about other person's private life. Kateirne isn't grown up in the paranormal society and might not even know that there IS a such person as a Jaguar girl. Maybe tanta Nudge Phix or Bud could have said something to kids but since monica has not done much of anything in her role as Jaguar Girl exceppt help Georgette cope with rape then they might not hav had anything to say to kids on the matter so it was never brought up. Atsali and Castel awould be sure to know Moinca as being a important person and having had advantures with Mama, but might not realise that she si the Jaguar Gill.

Monica talking with Georgett ewas not something she was given before it happened a chance to think about it. She just found herself htere. With Atsali she is being given chance to wrry about what she is being asked to do and how she oculd mess it all up, so why she ready to talk to Georgette about rape but not to Atsali about body. Maybe if she was just thrown into room with Atsali would be simplest.Even if Monica is not fully secure about her own body then Atsal knowing that perosn with similar problems can have same insecuriteys and still be succesful and respected would be a help. COuld even be better than if Monica did have no more insecurities about the problem, since knowing htat the insecurities might some day go away is less of the immediate importance than knowing that the insecurities that she is currently has to live with CAN be lived with.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

GuySmiley wrote:One last observation before bed: Has anyone asked Katherine how she'd like to handle the situation? :?:

This has been bugging me a bit since Bud brought Monica into it.
I think on Atsali's side, it's the lesson that Mom Can't Always Be There, But Mom Has A Posse-- always important, trebly so in the case of an orphan who lost her birth parents in what sounds like a horrible fashion.

On Kath's side, if she wasn't informed, the gods shall weep beyond the Grid at what will happen. But even humans have instant communication now; I think it's assumed, even in free range families, that you call this kind of thing in. And we know Kath was fully aware of Sali's chest binding. Sending the Trickster Sisters in to recruit Monica seems like something Kath would condone: She may be multisouled, but she's not a metamorph, and she's smart enough to find her daughter the right counseling.

Bud is central to this little plan, too. I think we may be heading for a major cathartic arc for Bud, from an angle which may surprise us.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
analyst

Post by analyst »

Tia, Mo-NEEK-a!
eee

Post by eee »

I am rather relived to see Castela seems to be OK. Consider, after all: She saw Atsali turn blue and collapse right in front of her, and heard one of the Bear sisters shriek that she was dead. That sort of event can cause little kids, who don't understand things, lots of terror. I would assume someone told her that Big Sister was fine and with the resilience of youth she bounced back. Hopefully that sort of thing doesn't cause her much trauma or guilt...
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

Everyone's already beaten me to it, but -- yeah, the answer to "who am I to advise" is "you're family."
Julie

Post by Julie »

Love Castela! :)
zachariah wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Wow, First I guess. OK Monica look how that little one adores you. Now her Sister can use some of the stuff you spoke of to Georgette, just leave out the "R-Word" but the stuff about you being smart and all so Atsali doesn't look at herself as "another Pixie with a rack". I still think Kevin could help out here. Talk with Atsali as an 'Outsider' maybe she'll open up to him. Worth a shot.
Kevin, or any male, would be the last person that should talk to Sali right now. She's worried about her siren powers and sexuality and its impact on how other react to her. She would be afraid for a male to see her and she would expect them to validate her attitude. She would expect them to talk to the rack that is. Kevin is good but I doubt he has that much will power. Thought Monica and Sali in the same room now just might make him walk around stupefied and mumbling There's four of them.
I disagree. I don't believe Kevin ever "talked to" M's rack that we've seen, so I'd wager he has much more willpower than you're giving him credit for...and I'd also wager that he'd be even better at exercizing that willpower when speaking to a teenager. While I tend to agree that Atsali would likely be mortified to see a male at this point, I also think that TheDOCTOR has a valid idea. I don't think that Kevin should be the primary talker, but I think his input about how men and boys react (and how to deal with them when they aren't be having the "right way") could be helpful.
Yamara wrote:I'm a little surprised at M's extreme lack of confidence; after the lecture from Phix and being there for Jet, bringing her A-game for Kath's kid seems like it would be natural and welcome, or at least very doable.
I was feeling the same way. I thought she had come to terms with her figure based on the conversations she had with her friends about what it was like growing up with those ginormous endowments...so Iw ould have guessed she'd be comfortable having that kind of conversation. I have to wonder if her recent experience with Jet has left her raw and dwelling on the more painful parts of her childhood...and if that's the reason why she's all of a sudden timid about counseling a girl who has blossomed significantly.
davids4250 wrote:If Castela knows her as Aunt Monica, then it is likely that Astali also knows her, just not as The Jaguar Girl. So instead of meeting a rock star, Sali will just be talking with someone she already knows who is just a little more than she thought she was.
Not necessarily. Castela met M at The Library, but Atsali may not have had a chance to actually meet her. Then again, you may be right that she hasn't connected The Jaguar Girl with the Monica she may have met before. I just feel like their reactions (M's and Atsali's) felt like those for people who haven't met before. *shrugs* We'll see. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Radical_Knight

Post by Radical_Knight »

I wanna be like Castella (Pickle) when I finally decide to grow up!!!
Memories die hard long after reality has turned to dust.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

It just occurred to me... if they want Atsali to look up to Monica, they'll have to get M something to stand on.

Ye gods, I'm a horrible person. :lol:
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Aleister Crow wrote:It just occurred to me... if they want Atsali to look up to Monica, they'll have to get M something to stand on
Reminds me of my second grade teacher. She was almost as short as the class.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Have they even gotten around to explaining why they want Moni's experience, or did her re-vectoring the tangent into a brick wall prevent it?

With Castela here, who could say "No" to that face? Just give in, and let the tumbly-weed take you to see Atsali.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Aleister Crow wrote:It just occurred to me... if they want Atsali to look up to Monica, they'll have to get M something to stand on.
If they want Atsali (in her current form) to SEE Monica, Monica is gonna have to stay at least six feet away from her or Atsali is gonna need a periscope or spotter mirror.

(I think i'm worse than you are. Is it a contest?)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Aleister Crow wrote:It just occurred to me... if they want Atsali to look up to Monica, they'll have to get M something to stand on
Reminds me of my second grade teacher. She was almost as short as the class.
Which begs the question, just how short is Pickle anyway....she should be taller in that last frame, unless Monica found something to stand on.
:lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I think we caught her in mid-tacklehug.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Catawampus wrote:THe kalendar machine being stopped and the need of jin beubng helped to be better are where when Kaherine and Monica togethe. . . .the immediate importance than knowing that the insecurities that she is currently has to live with CAN be lived with.
Oh dear.

When one is not currently doped up on pain medications, it is obvious that trying to type online when all doped up isn't the most scintillating of ideas. Unfortunately, when one's mind is drifting somewhere beyond lunar orbit, such discretion tends to be lacking. Sorry about that.

And I don't even remember writing any of that earlier.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

jwhouk wrote:I think we caught her in mid-tacklehug.
If she ever meets Euryale, the result will probably involve the Earth's icecaps melting.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:Oh dear.
No worries! I admit I was wondering... this explains it quite nicely. I hope your pain wasn't the result of anything terribly traumatic :(

Since it's obvious that your eyes were greatly dilated by the pain medications, we'll just declare that you had pupil dispensation, and say no more about it.

(other than to drop some endorphins in the Pun Jar)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:If she ever meets Euryale, the result will probably involve the Earth's icecaps melting.
Oh, lordy. I could have gone the rest of the week without considering that image quite comfortably.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Nope, Euryale will just freeze them again by staring down some Climate Change Deniers treading water at the North Pole :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Catawampus wrote:THe kalendar machine being stopped and the need of jin beubng helped to be better are where when Kaherine and Monica together (last on September 23 24 2010( so Katherine would know of those being done by Monica and could probably have told kids about the those fun adventures as bedtime stories or somethin.g The Jagar Girl parts of the story happen after that so there' sno way to tell if Katherine knows of that, also since she sn't part of Monica's Jaguar Girl change story even if she does know she might not be as likely to bring it up to her kids because htat would be more talking about other person's private life. Kateirne isn't grown up in the paranormal society and might not even know that there IS a such person as a Jaguar girl. Maybe tanta Nudge Phix or Bud could have said something to kids but since monica has not done much of anything in her role as Jaguar Girl exceppt help Georgette cope with rape then they might not hav had anything to say to kids on the matter so it was never brought up. Atsali and Castel awould be sure to know Moinca as being a important person and having had advantures with Mama, but might not realise that she si the Jaguar Gill.

Monica talking with Georgett ewas not something she was given before it happened a chance to think about it. She just found herself htere. With Atsali she is being given chance to wrry about what she is being asked to do and how she oculd mess it all up, so why she ready to talk to Georgette about rape but not to Atsali about body. Maybe if she was just thrown into room with Atsali would be simplest.Even if Monica is not fully secure about her own body then Atsal knowing that perosn with similar problems can have same insecuriteys and still be succesful and respected would be a help. COuld even be better than if Monica did have no more insecurities about the problem, since knowing htat the insecurities might some day go away is less of the immediate importance than knowing that the insecurities that she is currently has to live with CAN be lived with.
I'll have what Cat was having!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Apparently that was sleep deprivation and cold medicine from previous comments.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.