Turning Blue 2013-11-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Re: Turning Blue 2013-11-19

Post by Mark N »

scantrontb wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Big reveal Indeed. :shock: Either someone will step in to perform C.P.R., and tear open her shirt(s) to do Mouth to Mouth or as Atsali put it so eloquently, she'll be "Bustin' out all Over". If someone comes to do mouth to mouth I wonder if it 'll be a cute Boy. ;)
more like a cute MEDIC... and, like Monica, hopefully she won't remember him getting knocked out from the shrapnel as the bindings give way, either... I tried, but I couldn't find the link, sorry...
Or Justin, after all he can regenerate.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:Somebody, when you least expect it, is going to hit you.

And laugh!
Hey, credit and blame where they're due, man! :D I figure that after the weeks (months? years?) Pablo has spent setting up that particular punful situation, it would have been a dreadful waste of his planning and effort to let the moment slip by.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Sing it everyone ...
A-S-P-Y-X-I-A-T-I-O-N is making me wait...
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

If she is bound up, she somehow did it herself. I don't seen Kath being that stupid after telling Atsali it was a bad Idea. But then... didn't Kath see her on her way out?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Da Bears are so cute in todays' episode.

Oh yeah. Alstasi.

Maybe we'll see a supernatural EMT.
(Which must be difficult. What if the patient is Supposed to be blue?)
Poit!
Hey, could it be Monica?
Last edited by jayessell on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Binding? Or just an asthma-attack from all the helpless Embarrassment?If it's binding, they better be careful when cutting her wraps loose...
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
BrickJAK

Post by BrickJAK »

From all my years of working security at goth clubs ... I knew that expression in the second panel for what it was. It's the same look on the face of a corseted lass laced up "sitting pretty" tight instead of "dancing and drinking" tight who forgets herself and tries to dance to the extended versions of either "This Corrosion" or "Spin Spin Sugar".

I used to carry small shears and replacement lacing in my kit working the Continental in Buffalo. Every semester there would be at least one babybat in her first corset who made that mistake.

I loved that job.
Yes, I am indeed licking a bottle of English mead.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

I just need to get this off my chest ...

"She was as nervous as she could be" ...

"She was afraid that somebody would see" ...

"And I wonder what she's gonna do" ...

"And now the poor little girl's turning blue" ...

I'm not sure what she "wore for the first time today", but "itsy bitsy teenie weenie" might be a fitting description.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

zachariah wrote:
Dave wrote:I think we've seen a demonstration of gauze and effect.
If the Ursa twins think about it that would be paws and reflect.
Good thing they're in a mall; no shortage of bras to select.
BrickJAK wrote:From all my years of working security at goth clubs ... I knew that expression in the second panel for what it was. It's the same look on the face of a corseted lass laced up "sitting pretty" tight instead of "dancing and drinking" tight who forgets herself and tries to dance to the extended versions of either "This Corrosion" or "Spin Spin Sugar".

I used to carry small shears and replacement lacing in my kit working the Continental in Buffalo. Every semester there would be at least one babybat in her first corset who made that mistake.

I loved that job.
Oh man, that takes me back to the few nights I went goth clubbing, many years ago; good times. Though I've never seen an actual faint from excessive corsetry, nor am I familiar with the term "babybat." Cute. :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

So Sali is passed out because she was bound and determined.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Bud_Fanboi

Post by Bud_Fanboi »

She's turning blue made this scene automatically pop into my head.

cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

Jay-Em wrote:Binding? Or just an asthma-attack from all the helpless Embarrassment?If it's binding, they better be careful when cutting her wraps loose...
Or it just could be that she managed to shapeshift enough to minimize herself, but the situation with Pickle embarrassing her has caused her to automatically shift into her Siren form. Imagine suddenly acquiring such assets while wearing tight clothing! :shock:
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

"No shortage of bras to select" reminds my of my friend's story about how her mother was in deep denial about her ongoing development... and she's on the busty end of the scale. (Short, broad, solid, ample, and probably stronger than I am -- farmwife build.) She finally got the doctor to hit her Mom with a clue-by-four. "No, it isn't just baby fat. She'll be more comfortable with a bra. Cope."
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

Quick we are gonna need a knife and a blast shield! :shock:
Vive la weird!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I'm kind of leaning towards Atsali really struggling to work herself back into her less busty state, but struggling mightily to contain it. gasping for breath, holding whatever she gets in for long moments until she has to let it out and gasp for another. It's kind of like holding your breath when you're in pain... it seems to help (but doesn't really), but what else can you do? Finally, you either hyperventilate, or pass out, realizing that for all your efforts to mitigate it, it was a futile attempt at best.

I think da Bears are going to see Atsali's struggles to maintain a low profile and learn a lesson themselves about judging others. In the previous strip, they were making fun of those who had "tight shirts" because those girls bragged about what they had, or secretly augmented themselves with padded bras or copious amounts of Kleenex. Seeing Atsali struggling so mightily to remain flat chested will undoubtedly hit the twins where it will hurt the most and teach them a bit about judgment of others. Personally, I think Atsali will gain two close friends, though I think it will take some long explanations to convince Atsali they're on the up and up and not just patronizing her.

I can't help but imagine Castela describing the scene to Kath...

Castela: Honest mama!!! After 'Sali passed out, she busted out all over!!! Her shirt split open like a sausage in a microwave! :o :o :o

Atsali: PICKLE!!!! SHUT UUUUUUUUPP!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Castela: After her shirt ripped open, 'Sali wasn't blue anymore... but those ursamorphs sure were red!! :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops: !

Atsali: *bangs head on the table*

Kath: Castela, why don't you go put away your new things... I need to talk to Atsali...

Castela: Okay mama!!! After I'm done, can I have some Jello? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Atsali: PIIIICKLLLLEEE!!!!!! SHUT UUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!

Castela: *skips off, singing* See it wiggle... see it jiggle...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Ooops... almost forgot... *drops a set of four used yokohama low profile tires in the pun jar for the low profile remark/pun*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

DilyV wrote:I'm kind of leaning towards Atsali really struggling to work herself back into her less busty state, but struggling mightily to contain it. gasping for breath, holding whatever she gets in for long moments until she has to let it out and gasp for another. It's kind of like holding your breath when you're in pain... it seems to help (but doesn't really), but what else can you do? Finally, you either hyperventilate, or pass out, realizing that for all your efforts to mitigate it, it was a futile attempt at best.

I think da Bears are going to see Atsali's struggles to maintain a low profile and learn a lesson themselves about judging others. In the previous strip, they were making fun of those who had "tight shirts" because those girls bragged about what they had, or secretly augmented themselves with padded bras or copious amounts of Kleenex. Seeing Atsali struggling so mightily to remain flat chested will undoubtedly hit the twins where it will hurt the most and teach them a bit about judgment of others. Personally, I think Atsali will gain two close friends, though I think it will take some long explanations to convince Atsali they're on the up and up and not just patronizing her.

I can't help but imagine Castela describing the scene to Kath...

Castela: Honest mama!!! After 'Sali passed out, she busted out all over!!! Her shirt split open like a sausage in a microwave! :o :o :o

Atsali: PICKLE!!!! SHUT UUUUUUUUPP!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Castela: After her shirt ripped open, 'Sali wasn't blue anymore... but those ursamorphs sure were red!! :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops: !

Atsali: *bangs head on the table*

Kath: Castela, why don't you go put away your new things... I need to talk to Atsali...

Castela: Okay mama!!! After I'm done, can I have some Jello? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Atsali: PIIIICKLLLLEEE!!!!!! SHUT UUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!

Castela: *skips off, singing* See it wiggle... see it jiggle...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Ooops... almost forgot... *drops a set of four used yokohama low profile tires in the pun jar for the low profile remark/pun*
Dilyv, I must say the last half of your post made me laugh hard and loud, that is some of the funniest stuff I have read in a while! Thanks!
Vive la weird!
Dave

Post by Dave »

BrickJAK wrote:I used to carry small shears and replacement lacing in my kit working the Continental in Buffalo. Every semester there would be at least one babybat in her first corset who made that mistake.

I loved that job.
What's old, is new again! :D

There's a very good reason for the reputation that upper-class Victoran women had, of being "delicate flowers" who were prone to fainting if provoked or distressed. By most accounts, the whalebone corset was the culprit.

Seems like a high price to pay for being stylish... then or now.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I just hope Castela doesn't panic and blame herself for big bird's conk-out, especially after the Twins' own panic.
Aed

Post by Aed »

What do we know about Atsali's parents?
  • They are both dead.
  • Her mother was a siren.
  • Her father was human.
Do we know how they died? Accident? Disease? Violince?
Was the death of her parents the result of bigotry either toward paranormals in general, or sirens in particular, or maybe both?
How did Atsali learn about her parents' death? Was she present, or near-by, or was she away and only learned after the fact?

Do the circumstance of Atsali's parent's demise push Atsali toward her amplified horror of puberty? In other words, does Atsali truly fear her new look or is she more afraid that she (and perhaps her new family) are now going to die like her parents because of her new physique?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Actually, i think all we know about Atsali's father for sure is that he wasn't a siren...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber