Find Your Way 2013-10-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Yamara

Find Your Way 2013-10-15

Post by Yamara »

Dante, we're not in St Paul anymore.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Atomic

Re: Find Your Way 2013-10-15

Post by Atomic »

Oh dear -- Georgette and her demons (Guidance, at least) are in fugue, and Monica is trying to hold things together. But is she off the deep end, too?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Yeee.

and also

Hah.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hmmm. It feels as if all of those present (Monica, Georgette, and whichever demons are present) are not entirely coherent... they're in an altered state of some sort.

Possibly Quintana Roo.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

There's also a bit of a time-slip here as well, since it has been quite a while for any one of these being at Amanda's studio... Will need a bit more data to piece it together.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I see several different characters in this one. M naturally, Jet, a demon that resembles Guidance, and a specter. All are either sad or severely confused or a bit of both. Seeing this resolved will be quite the treat.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Interesting. It looks like Monica sees Jet as a ghostly shape in CSpace, and this has to be back in Jet's CSpace. It is time for Monica to guide Jet to meet with Guidance and her other internal Demons. I expect the demons will apologize for failing in their duty. Then Jet get's an explanation about demons and their role in her life. Also the story of what happened about the TAR.

The Monica we see is the guide form of the Jaguar Girl. I suspect Monica is supplying the definition of appearance for CSpace here. She is the strongest presence there and this makes it neutral ground for both Jet and her demons. I notice that Guidance is not looking forward to this meeting but will do it for the well being of their person.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I think this dates the point in time where the TAR invaded Jet. All the memories after the time when Jet first met Monica are either gone, or suppressed. This is why Jet is hesitant about recognizing Monica. Time for a bit of history about the TAR and what happened during the time it was among Jet's demons. Will it be a story of flashback?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

So, how do you like your memories? Scrambled it is!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:There's also a bit of a time-slip here as well, since it has been quite a while for any one of these being at Amanda's studio... Will need a bit more data to piece it together.
"I think you found a clue, Scooby!"
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:There's also a bit of a time-slip here as well, since it has been quite a while for any one of these being at Amanda's studio... Will need a bit more data to piece it together.
Yeah, I caught that too. So Georgette has no memories AFTER the Photo shoot at Amandas, so whatever occured and traumatized Jet happened after that shoot. OMG! I hope theres no sinister "Force" hiding In Amanda. :shock: Monica may have to take her for a little Exorcise. :lol:
Dave

Post by Dave »

TheDOCTOR wrote:OMG! I hope theres no sinister "Force" hiding In Amanda. :shock: Monica may have to take her for a little Exorcise. :lol:
Amanda has had a full baptism since then, hasn't she? ;)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

TheDOCTOR wrote:
Yeah, I caught that too. So Georgette has no memories AFTER the Photo shoot at Amandas, so whatever occured and traumatized Jet happened after that shoot. OMG! I hope theres no sinister "Force" hiding In Amanda. :shock: Monica may have to take her for a little Exorcise. :lol:
No, she's losing the memories.

Yesterday she remembered going out to get sushi (which was not part of the photo shoot sequence).

In Panels One/Two, she remembers the photo shoot, which must have been before the sushi run.

In Panel Three, she's lost that memory and has no idea who Monica is.

It wouldn't surprise me to find that she's slipping all the way back to the plane crash...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I think this is, for want of a better term, J-Space - the realm where the Jaguar Girl reigns supreme.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

zachariah wrote:I notice that Guidance is not looking forward to this meeting but will do it for the well being of their person.
I think you're misreading her expression. That's the look of someone who's had to repress their fear and pain and just survive, but has finally come to a place where they feel safe enough to let it out. Monica's face and body language in that panel matches perfectly -- open but undemanding, offering the shelter of her arms but respecting G's space at the same time.

Of course, it's possible that isn't Guidance at all; given Georgette's likely state of mind right now, it makes sense that the strip feels a little disjointed. But whoever it is, I stand by my interpretation.
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

Fairportfan wrote:It wouldn't surprise me to find that she's slipping all the way back to the plane crash...
And since the plane crash is one of our suspects for when the Tar got into her...she may be about to blow the lid off of a very traumatic, repressed memory. Hence, the way Monica keeps telling her she's safe -- she's getting Jet braced for the storm. And going by that expression in the last panel, it's gonna be a "Perfect" one.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

...also the progression of visuals, from spectral form, to Georgette to Guidance...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

"Poor baby - are you lost?"
=====================
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Prester Fred wrote:
zachariah wrote:I notice that Guidance is not looking forward to this meeting but will do it for the well being of their person.
I think you're misreading her expression. That's the look of someone who's had to repress their fear and pain and just survive, but has finally come to a place where they feel safe enough to let it out. Monica's face and body language in that panel matches perfectly -- open but undemanding, offering the shelter of her arms but respecting G's space at the same time.

Of course, it's possible that isn't Guidance at all; given Georgette's likely state of mind right now, it makes sense that the strip feels a little disjointed. But whoever it is, I stand by my interpretation.
Maybe but I've seen that expression on my kids faces lot's of times. Usually accompanied by the words, 'Gee do I have to?'. Or in facing a plate full of veggies they don't like, or facing the dreaded aunt who likes to pinch their cheeks and give a big kiss to them.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I think in some ways this is being over thought. The spectral form is the ghost of Georgette past, the last solid reference memory she has of being with Monica for a solid length of time, including the lunch run after. The next is the ghost of Georgette present, confused, lost, and unsure of what is going on. And the third is the ghost of Georgette yet to come, incomplete and still trying to get herself together.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?