Demon Shepherd 2013-09-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Demon Shepherd 2013-09-25

Post by Opus the Poet »

Watching the demons get tossed aside like toys is both amusing and disturbing.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Re: Demon Shepherd 2013-09-25

Post by Fairportfan »

"Okay, you kids - off the lawn!"
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Tossed? I thought the demons were running away in fright. I mean if Monica had a mirror She would be screaming:
"I HATE MY HAIR!!!!"
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

OMG it's the old Jedi mind trick!!!!

Monica: You are not the demons I'm looking for...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

The demon on the lower left looks like she is getting slammed against the border of the comic panel. :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

It seems Monica has been practicing.

Now for that can of tar remover...
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Okay, forget what I said yesterday.

NOW she's scary.

*edit* Yeah, they ARE being pushed forcibly apart in the last panel - the handclap brought them together and the double backswing (?) sweeps them apart - I think I see Tar in the lower middle of the group shot. And E.T in the upper right, but it's late.
Last edited by NOTDilbert on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

Summon's comin', like a freight train chargin' through!
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Whahahaha!

So thát's how Demon-double-spittakes look. They remind me alot of a mother in a supermarket and her little tyke. The little guy képt on whining about a sweet of some kind, and was starting a scene. Mom said:"You'll get óne warning. Stop that, or there'll be some dusting-off of your behind"

The kid kept at it, Mom grabbed him and spanked his behind, en pleine publique! and put him in front of the shop stating:"You got something to whine about now, do it here ,much bigger public". :o His véry first look -when Mom grabbed him- was exáctly like that of the demons. He had that "damn"! She áctually dóes what she promises.."-look of shocked bafflement about him.

I laughed só hard. :lol:

Back to the comic: It looks like she's ripping the demon-clusters apart to get at Tar's hiding-place. Tar is in for a serious "oh, shit"-moment, her first encounter with a legendary being, only respectfully whispered about amongst demons, is gonna be painful, to say the least
Last edited by Jay-Em on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I find myself wondering what's going on in the "real" world as this is happening. Unlikely that this activity has any effect on the physical bodies of Mon & 'Jet, but still.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

And the Demon Shepherd stretched out her arms and lo, the demon sea parted. She did walk in the demon free zone, trailing fire and badassness. All was silence save for the sound of Tar pee splattering on the floor.

What I wonder is how does she know how to do this stuff? Reading books, being coached, trial and error? On-line course from MIB?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

MerchManDan wrote:I find myself wondering what's going on in the "real" world as this is happening. Unlikely that this activity has any effect on the physical bodies of Mon & 'Jet, but still.
"Time" works decidedly different in the Demon-realm, so I guess this all transpires between two blinks, and óne WTF..

Tina better prepares some strong coffee for Mon and Jet. They are going to need it.
but, why 42?
---------------
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

KnightDelight wrote:And the Demon Shepherd stretched out her arms and lo, the demon sea parted. She did walk in the demon free zone, trailing fire and badassness. All was silence save for the sound of Tar pee splattering on the floor.

What I wonder is how does she know how to do this stuff? Reading books, being coached, trial and error? On-line course from MIB?
She got experience in handling her own demons. But to the actual moves I bet she is acting without thinking about it.

It is a common tradition in a number of cultures to clap the hands like that to attract the attention of the spirits. Monica is sure to know this from her education as an archeologist. Once she had their attention she just separates the wheat from the chaff.

The two demons on the left being squished off have to be attached to her modeling career. The skeleton has to be anorexia. I'm not even willing to guess about the tentacles.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

zachariah wrote: (snipped for brevity and to prevent piramid-posting)
The two demons on the left being squished off have to be attached to her modeling career. The skeleton has to be anorexia.
Anorexia?

I sincerely doubt it, since from the introduction of Jet, Paul made it abundantly clear that Jet had a crazy high metabolism, nót anorexia. Although, having said that, the skeleton cóuld be the residue of other people constantly pressing Jet about what théy perceived as Anorexia, and thusly making that an active demon for Jet.

My ex had the same problem. No Anorexia, No bulimia, eating like a dock-worker, yet stick-thin, but with Double-D's ,so she was ánd pestered about her "Anorexia" ánd had to live with the notion that there were no affordable bra's for her figure, ánd to boot, was often accused of having had a crazy boob-job..poor woman... :(
but, why 42?
---------------
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

zachariah wrote: I'm not even willing to guess about the tentacles.
Rule 34 of the Internet...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Changed my mind - not "off the lawn":

"Okay, everybody outta the pool - NOW!"
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Jay-Em wrote:
zachariah wrote: (snipped for brevity and to prevent piramid-posting)
The two demons on the left being squished off have to be attached to her modeling career. The skeleton has to be anorexia.
Anorexia?

I sincerely doubt it, since from the introduction of Jet, Paul made it abundantly clear that Jet had a crazy high metabolism, nót anorexia. Although, having said that, the skeleton cóuld be the residue of other people constantly pressing Jet about what théy perceived as Anorexia, and thusly making that an active demon for Jet.

My ex had the same problem. No Anorexia, No bulimia, eating like a dock-worker, yet stick-thin, but with Double-D's ,so she was ánd pestered about her "Anorexia" ánd had to live with the notion that there were no affordable bra's for her figure, ánd to boot, was often accused of having had a crazy boob-job..poor woman... :(
That was just a toss off line not intended to be serious. I should not have included it and quip while I was ahead.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

KnightDelight wrote:And the Demon Shepherd stretched out her arms and lo, the demon sea parted. She did walk in the demon free zone, trailing fire and badassness. All was silence save for the sound of Tar pee splattering on the floor.

I'm sure some of it was learned from her research from different sources... but that can't account for all of this, surely... the only thing I can think of is the Library scan... maybe it implanted the knowledge when it scanned her and confirmed she was sub-titan and classified as Jaguar Girl.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

zachariah wrote:
That was just a toss off line not intended to be serious. I should not have included it and quip while I was ahead.
Still, it got me thinking.

Paul's demon's are áll symbolism for things that shape a person/character. I can absolutely imagine the above stated, creating, or awakening a kind of "demon" all of it's own.
but, why 42?
---------------
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Wow. Georgette has a lot of demons. The price of fame?
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.