The Wrong Girl 2013-09-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Yamara

Re: The Wrong Girl 2013-09-24

Post by Yamara »

KnightDelight wrote:I think Monica is having a bit too much of a knee-jerk reaction here. She looks like she is about to end the Tar's existence without even knowing it's origin or motives. or if someone else is controlling it for that matter. After all, what if all she knew of the GG's past, for example, was that they destroyed millions.
Even Bud had to take an enormous effort of control to not overreact after being nuked, and her rape was 12000 years ago. Your point about having complete intel before reacting is valid... but M is not a robot. She's a subTitan of human descent. Whatever befalls, she will not be cowed.

KnightDelight wrote:A great plot twist at this point would be to have her still overwhelmed by the Tar, even though she is in full on Turbo-JG++ mode. Allowing it it's day in court before the execution. Such a thing would also teach her to size up her quarry better before launching into them.
Monica has a secret weapon, too. We've seen her use it, it's well-established. I suspect The Tar will have no defense against it, either. Let's see if she has the equilibrium to let it unleash.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

KnightDelight wrote:I think Monica is having a bit too much of a knee-jerk reaction here. She looks like she is about to end the Tar's existence without even knowing it's origin or motives. or if someone else is controlling it for that matter. After all, what if all she knew of the GG's past, for example, was that they destroyed millions. Assuming she had the capability to destroy them, she would be making a grave error if she did so. Not unlike Phix and the vampires. She would kill them without hesitation even though those particular ones, like the GGs, were reformed and doing good (well, Lily was reformed anyway. Suzy, not so much). In this way she seems to be becoming like Phix. Kill first, never ask questions/devour later. Absolute power, and all that. Were she still plain old Monica, she would take the more cerebral route first.

A great plot twist at this point would be to have her still overwhelmed by the Tar, even though she is in full on Turbo-JG++ mode. Allowing it it's day in court before the execution. Such a thing would also teach her to size up her quarry better before launching into them.
Perhaps she is reacting in a knee jerk way. Perhaps Georgette's Guidance is manipulating Monica. But it is indesputable fact that the Tar RAPED her and tried to impose its will and dominate her, and in light of that, I tend to beleive Guidance when she says the Tar has dominated most of Jett's demons.

Yesterday several folks, myself included, said we believed 'sub titan' was another way of saying 'goddess'.

From her current manifestation of power, I think at least one of Monica's descriptors could be "Goddess of Vengance".

There's a reason everyone has been treating her like a bomb that could go off at any second.

This is why.

And maybe M is biting off more than she can chew, but I don't think so. Guidance, who is one of Jett's demons that can hold the Tar in check is afraid of Monica's current manifestation of power.

I think we're about to see what happens when you really piss off a Goddess.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Boxilar wrote: But it is indesputable fact that the Tar RAPED her and tried to impose its will and dominate her, and in light of that, I tend to beleive Guidance when she says the Tar has dominated most of Jett's demons.

Or maybe Tar is the metaphysical equivalent of a non-housebroken puppy. I bet that could get really annoying after a few decades. And what are the odds that a demon called Guidance is good at manipulating people?
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

We should be glad that Atsali isn't in on this adventure... all I see in that case would be tar and feathers... LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
dex drako

Post by dex drako »

Wyvern wrote:
Boxilar wrote: But it is indesputable fact that the Tar RAPED her and tried to impose its will and dominate her, and in light of that, I tend to beleive Guidance when she says the Tar has dominated most of Jett's demons.

Or maybe Tar is the metaphysical equivalent of a non-housebroken puppy. I bet that could get really annoying after a few decades. And what are the odds that a demon called Guidance is good at manipulating people?
the comic has shown its only a rare few demons that has any interest in manipulating anyone but the people they're assigned too so I'd say its safe to believe Guidance here.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Even though we are useing the "R-word", I am Hopeing that Monica will turn out to be unhurt physically or mentally and this will be more like an Erotic Nightmare scenario when all is said and done. Monica was put to sleep by Tina after all.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:is that dinger i see you ringing to get everyone everyone attention?

here use this pushes m in full jag and angry....

/puts Metallica's"ride the lighting album" selects, For whom the bells toll

BOOOOOONG,BoooooooooNNNNNNNNg

round one... fight....

paul loving the colors!!!!
...I personally would probably score this fight to "Becoming": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ht3XGhlfYs
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Boxilar wrote:
And maybe M is biting off more than she can chew, but I don't think so. Guidance, who is one of Jett's demons that can hold the Tar in check is afraid of Monica's current manifestation of power.

I think we're about to see what happens when you really piss off a Goddess.
Anger and Hate are the ones are keeping the TAR under some restraint. Guidance is probably only providing leadership. I suspect that Monica will toast the TAR and it will burn off leaving something, or someone, underneath the TAR. This will be the real entity making the problems. I still suspect it will be one of Jet's personality parts. Like the ID or subconscious. Maybe even a split that occurred due to a childhood trauma.

Heck for all we know it might be an idealize image of Monica under the TAR. We never did know where the plane crashed. Monica had an accident that put her in the hospital around the same time. Maybe Jet met Monica then and the two interacted some how and the young Jet attached to her. Can't wait to find out.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

zachariah wrote:
Boxilar wrote: Heck for all we know it might be an idealize image of Monica under the TAR. We never did know where the plane crashed. Monica had an accident that put her in the hospital around the same time. Maybe Jet met Monica then and the two interacted some how and the young Jet attached to her. Can't wait to find out.
(!) I doubt that the plane crashed anywhere near Mexico City.

(@) I think Monica ended up in the Quite Retreat for the Very Very Nervous pretty quickly after the accident.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

zachariah wrote:
Anger and Hate are the ones are keeping the TAR under some restraint. Guidance is probably only providing leadership. I suspect that Monica will toast the TAR and it will burn off leaving something, or someone, underneath the TAR. This will be the real entity making the problems. I still suspect it will be one of Jet's personality parts. Like the ID or subconscious. Maybe even a split that occurred due to a childhood trauma.

Heck for all we know it might be an idealize image of Monica under the TAR. We never did know where the plane crashed. Monica had an accident that put her in the hospital around the same time. Maybe Jet met Monica then and the two interacted some how and the young Jet attached to her. Can't wait to find out.
I think that's is extremely unlikely, Monica was hit by the bus in Mexico and Jet is a Twin Cities native. Unless the modelling agency was in Mexico they would have never been within a thousand miles of each other.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

It took a while to find it but I believe Bia's statement about Titans may apply to sub-titans.
"Your're the offspring of a Titan. You answer to no one. Let your omnipotence be your consequence."
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/consequenc ... nipotence/
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Even though we are using the "R-word", I am Hoping that Monica will turn out to be unhurt physically or mentally and this will be more like an Erotic Nightmare scenario when all is said and done. Monica was put to sleep by Tina after all.
Ya know, that's a good point. Is any of this huffing and puffing and chest thumping even real? She's not there physically after all. Up to now we have seen her have to physically make the transformation. Does she only think she is doing this? Tar, Guidance and Anger are there physically. They are actual beings in a portion of demon space reserved for Georgette, while Monica is only some sort of manifestation in their dimension. She is not there physically at all. She's still face down in boobatude at Tina's.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Okay, nobody's said it yet.....

"You just smurfed with the wrong girl."

Thank you.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

KnightDelight wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Even though we are using the "R-word", I am Hoping that Monica will turn out to be unhurt physically or mentally and this will be more like an Erotic Nightmare scenario when all is said and done. Monica was put to sleep by Tina after all.
Ya know, that's a good point. Is any of this huffing and puffing and chest thumping even real? She's not there physically after all. Up to now we have seen her have to physically make the transformation. Does she only think she is doing this? Tar, Guidance and Anger are there physically. They are actual beings in a portion of demon space reserved for Georgette, while Monica is only some sort of manifestation in their dimension. She is not there physically at all. She's still face down in boobatude at Tina's.

"WHOA!... I know Kung FU!..."

who/what is going "Skreeeeee!" (had to get the right number of E's in there :P ) in that last panel? is it a sound effect of the massed Demons getting shoved out of the way? is it the Tar's Battle Cry? Either way... I think that last panel is Monica finding the Tar by a process of elimination... she summoned them ALL by the clapping of her hands, and the Tar just blended in, but now, even the Demons weren't prepared for her splitting the crowd down the middle like that (as you can see from their surprised faces as they get shoved about)... and I'll bet that the only one left standing where they were originally gathered is the Tar... with nowhere to hide any more...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Surprised that nobody has said it yet, so I suppose I must:

Looks like Monica is about to beat the Tar out of Georgette.

Flees the pun jar, frantically throwing whatever is in hand in its direction.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

bmonk wrote:Surprised that nobody has said it yet, so I suppose I must:

Looks like Monica is about to beat the Tar out of Georgette.

Flees the pun jar, frantically throwing whatever is in hand in its direction.
I recall reading that joke a few times already. :| My disappointment at not being the first to mention it is still fresh.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)