Respected Her 2013-09-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Re: Respected Her 2013-09-19

Post by MerchManDan »

Dave wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:"Remember ME, Guidance?!? When you saw the Jaguar Girl!! Did she look! LIKE!! THIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!"

Yes, THAT is what entered my mind when I read Mons last line. I don't know why.
Why? Because you have a brilliant and wonderfully-warped mind, sir!
Many thanks. :mrgreen: I do have my moments.
jwhouk wrote:I just noticed that comment that Guidance made: "Do you know the kind of mess there would be if demons could just exit their host?"

No wonder Monica stopped dead in her tracks with that look on her face.
:shock: HOLY SMOKES THAT'S RIGHT!!! Mons demons exited/entered her ALL THE TIME. Tina as well. Somehow, 'Jets demons might be out of the loop.
Last edited by MerchManDan on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Thanks for the music lesson, guys - perhaps PONR had lyric quotes from the other songs....?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

MerchManDan wrote:
jwhouk wrote:I just noticed that comment that Guidance made: "Do you know the kind of mess there would be if demons could just exit their host?"

:shock: HOLY SMOKES THAT'S RIGHT!!! Mons demons exited/entered her ALL THE TIME. Tina as well. Somehow, 'Jets demons might be out of the loop.
Well, both Monica and Tina are special cases - remember, Monica was a doorway.

In fact, closing that doorway, to prevent demons from roaming freely, was part of the calendar machine solution.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:

Well, both Monica and Tina are special cases - remember, Monica was a doorway.

In fact, closing that doorway, to prevent demons from roaming freely, was part of the calendar machine solution.
It can also be that Jet's demons are the average type and the girls have all been special cases. Monica was close to hers because of Maya's teachings, Shelly, either because of her near death and/or her being a Titan/Sphinx, and Jin being a time loosened Golem. Tina's demons are the only ones that don't follow that pattern but there may be her contact with Jin in the other timelines. If I am right then what we see in Jet is how most demon coveys operate and the ones we have seen before are all special cases.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Julie

Post by Julie »

zachariah wrote:More proof that demons are normally restricted to their host. But we knew Monica was special that way. Being a revolving door is what made her such a prize for the demons. I think the difference between Monica and Shelly is that Shelly was wearing the protal on her skin. But Monica was the portal herself. So the lock put in Monica sealed the uncontrolled part of the portal away from the demons and put it totally under Monica's control. After all Monica would need access to one to get in and out of CSpace.
I think Shelly was technically a "portal" before she had the portal-cloth tattoo. :) Her doorway was locked down during the whole creation of Connie thing, wasn't it?
Mark N wrote:Tina's demons are the only ones that don't follow that pattern but there may be her contact with Jin in the other timelines.
Or it could just be that Tina's soul isn't present, so her demons don't have a restricted space to occupy anymore (Guidance did say that they are confined to CSpace until the death of their host). :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."