Fell In Love 2013-09-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
ActionKermit

Re: Fell In Love 2013-09-06

Post by ActionKermit »

:arrow: Denial
:arrow: Anger
X Bargaining
X Depression
X Acceptance

Looks like we're tracking somewhat with the Kübler-Ross model.

Incidentally, I shouldn't be surprised if Jet storms out the door and runs right into Euryale's hug delivery service.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

ActionKermit wrote::arrow: Denial
:arrow: Anger
X Bargaining
X Depression
X Acceptance

Looks like we're tracking somewhat with the Kübler-Ross model.
If her Romantic Movement is tracking Goethe, Jet may try to jump the tracks entirely.
ActionKermit wrote:Incidentally, I shouldn't be surprised if Jet storms out the door and runs right into Euryale's hug delivery service.
I like Fairportfan's call of Suzi & Lily. From the humor of never getting morning coffee because crisis, and them watching Georgette in full-on celeb meltdown over her revealed love life . . . to them explaining to her what the polar opposite of fame and abject rejection really looks like.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Way to freak out the mundane you Nimrods.

Monica and Tina were about as subtle as a gardening brick to the back of the head.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

That's actually part of it, I think - Phix may have another lecture to give, this time to Monica and Tina.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

jwhouk wrote:WAG for Monday: she walks out and runs headlong into....

...Bud?
...Brandi?
...Jin?
...May?
MY WAG for Monday... Monica and Tina pick her up off the floor after slamming into the LOCKED DOOR and her falling on her butt... THEN we get some talking going on versus the blind panic fight/flight state that Jet is in now... she can't Fight those allegations (of falling in love with M) so she does the next best thing... Flight... UN-fortunately in her panic attack, she forgot the doors were locked and ran straight into them... i wonder if Tina is going to use her "inside voice" to help calm her down thus risking another visit by Phix? another one of those grey area moral dilemmas that Phix was talking about huh?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Julie

Post by Julie »

Ugh...awkward situation leads to angry upset lady...poor Jet! I only hope that she'll be receptive when Monica and/or Tina tries to fix things. :(
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

scantrontb wrote:
jwhouk wrote:WAG for Monday: she walks out and runs headlong into....

...Bud?
...Brandi?
...Jin?
...May?
MY WAG for Monday... Monica and Tina pick her up off the floor after slamming into the LOCKED DOOR and her falling on her butt... THEN we get some talking going on versus the blind panic fight/flight state that Jet is in now... she can't Fight those allegations (of falling in love with M) so she does the next best thing... Flight... UN-fortunately in her panic attack, she forgot the doors were locked and ran straight into them... i wonder if Tina is going to use her "inside voice" to help calm her down thus risking another visit by Phix? another one of those grey area moral dilemmas that Phix was talking about huh?
Phix is exactly why Monica was so upset and asked what Jet was doing there. She'd just got rapped on the noggin for acting out in front of the public, and Tina has her poit in directly in front of Jet. Phix's lesson is still fresh in her mind and she doesn't want to disappoint Phix any more than she already has. Panel one here: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/never-touched-you/ shows that Monica has a very specific priority on the things she's upset about. The fact there was no emergency, the fact that Jet saw her poit in in full Jaguar mode and lastly that somehow she'd experienced that kiss.

I get the feeling that we're dealing with a repressed paranormal creature here. Something in her ancestry that Jet has no clue about. To project her thoughts and feelings that strongly and clearly while having no idea she's doing it says to me that for some reason she's been activated and she doesn't have any experience to handle the fall out. I'd venture to say that any empathic projection episodes prior to this have been mild compared to this so she may not have noticed she'd even done it. I'd say that somehow, Phix needs to show up at Mucho Mocha... She seems to be best at helping unknowingly paranormal people adjust to their new found status. I'm not sure what Jet is at this point, but Vampire isn't even close... she's a sort of opposite of an emotional vampire, force feeding emotions so strongly that the received emotions trigger realistic visions in the recipient. That is power...

Monica's/Tina's to do list at this point:

1. Stop Jet from leaving Mucho Mocha. If she storms out that door, the possibilities of her getting hurt are very near 100%. Right now she's blind to everything but running away. Like Monica, I don't think Jet would see the bus.

2. Calm Jet down enough to listen. Jet is now aware that something bigger than her is afoot. At the moment it scares the crap out of her to the point all she wants to do is run.

3. Notify Phix that they have a paranormal that is blind to what she is and ask for assistance. Niether Monica or Tina are in any condition to fully explain to Jet what is happening because a. they were personally affected by Jet's projection and b. Niether seem to know what Jet is or what might be causing her projections. Phix might.

I don't think that Jet is sub-titan, but her abilities could really mess someone up if she leaves Mucho Mocha in her state. Anyone and everyone could be a target of her confused state at the moment. I'm reminded of Charlie X in the old Star Trek Series... We all know the havoc he created with his mind when things didn't go his way. Best that they contain her until they can get her calmed down.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
illiad

Post by illiad »

.... choices???

- Monica manges to reach her before she gets to the door, then after a breakdown they talk..

- she reaches the door, cannot open it and breaks down...

- she manages to get out, leaving both in stunned silence... (the door was locked, how did she break it down???)

much later M sitting in (? ) Georgette's sisters pub/ restaurant, hoping... :/
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Don't forget Monica's other Protector, Shelly. If she shows up now, she'll find a locked door, and some skinny witch yelling at Monica and Tina, and she will have something to say about that. Comanches are rarely subtle, and if doesn't involve stealing horses, or ambushing the enemy, then teeth bared and fur flying is just how you solve some problems.

And both Shelly and Moni actually can display teeth and full fur.

But first, Georgette must figure out how to leave in a huff after you go *BONK!* against a locked door.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Julie wrote:Ugh...awkward situation leads to angry upset lady...poor Jet! I only hope that she'll be receptive when Monica and/or Tina tries to fix things. :(
YEP... I couldn't help myself... but THIS page, last panel :D :lol:
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

Jet: I feel like my heart was just ripped out of my chest!

M: Believe me when I say I know exactly how you feel.
Dave

Post by Dave »

ActionKermit wrote:Jet: I feel like my heart was just ripped out of my chest!

They share another experience, too: losing face.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

zachariah wrote:
Timotheus wrote:You can run but you can't hide...

If those are fire code approved doors for a restaurant she'll be able to get out even if they're locked. You just can't get in.

I would still say Georgette was the transmission source, even if she was unaware of it. Tina and Monica were both receivers, but each in their own separate manners.

(Pigeons on the grass, alas.)
Fire Code approved doors are for the emergency exits. Not the main entrance. Especially on older businesses. If you look you will see that most stores front doors do not have quick release handles on them and are lockable. The workers are the ones who get the fire code protection in most stores. lol.
I guess it all depends on the city, age of the door, and variances. As I recall they didn't need crash bars or panic bars or plates but they did have to be unlockable from the inside to prevent being trapped. You can't have a double keyed lock unless there is another exit within 100 feet with a crash bar release. So the dead bolt should be lever actuated from the inside.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Love isn't answerable to scrutiny, but I am curious as to why Jet has such huge feelings for M. Their initial meeting was largely pally in aspect, and even her first brief needful return wasn't registered as romantic by Tina at the time.

It does suggest she didn't return this time to Mucho Mocha by accident, though. Losing her handlers like she was determined to succeed in making contact with M again, and keeping it known only to herself.

Careful what you pray for.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
HiFranc

Post by HiFranc »

I do think that Tina and Monica owe Georgette an apology: Talking about someone in the third person whilst they are there is not the best way to behave. Not only that but, from an outsider's perspective, it sounds like they regard Jet as a puzzle to be solved.
Francisco
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Throwing in my $.02.

I don't think Jett is a paranormal, the whole "kissing M without kissing M" thing was Monica's JG powers reading Georgettes extrodinarially strong emotions at the time. Jaguar Girl can sense a persons greatest fears, it would also stand to reason that she could also sense their greatest desires.

When Monica subjected Nudge to her greatest fear, Nudge had provoked her into lashing out. M's latenent JG power's kicked in and she poited Nudge into the place she feared most.

Monica was in a similar state of mind when she poited into Mucho Mocha. Her Jaguar Powers were keyed up and ready for a fight, and more importantly, looking for a target.
Yamara wrote:Love isn't answerable to scrutiny, but I am curious as to why Jet has such huge feelings for M. Their initial meeting was largely pally in aspect, and even her first brief needful return wasn't registered as romantic by Tina at the time.

It does suggest she didn't return this time to Mucho Mocha by accident, though. Losing her handlers like she was determined to succeed in making contact with M again, and keeping it known only to herself.

Careful what you pray for.
I think this was a case of Jett not really being aware of what she really wanted. She only knew she was missing something important in her life. The last time she wandered into Mucho Mocha, she was probably subconciously looking for M, or maybe even conciously, but she wasn't thinking, "I'm in love with." She was thinking more along the lines of, "I enjoyed hanging out with Monica, maybe I'll run into her and we can reconnect."

At that time, Georgette still felt fairly in control of her life, so she didn't set of Tina's Bulls**t detectors.

This time, Jett was putting up a front to hide the pain that had been building up for years, especially from herself.

Tina is a good person, and she wants to help, but she is still a collection of demons, and as she has told her friends on numerous occasions, demons are wild animals that can sense weakness and key in on it. Georgette walked in, full of bluster, putting up a front, and the Predator in Tina reacted and started ripping away at the facade to get at what was underneath. When Jett didn't react to Tina's initial surface read, the Demon Barrista started digging deeper. She couldn't help herself. Tina was like a cat chasing a lazer pointer. Tina dug because she felt Jett was hiding something from her, and only after Georgette fell apart did Tina realise she was hiding it from herself as well.

(Tina has done this throughout the comic, usually when one of her freinds is trying to put up a front to hide a deeper pain that they really need to deal with.)

Georgette ended up with all her posturing and her self delusion stripped away, leaving her to face the reality of what she really felt, what she really needed, head on. Though Tina never touched her she's reacting here to the emotional pain like a physical blow.

In poits M, receptive and keyed up with all her senses open and receptive, including her psychic abilities. Jett is still processing what she's learned about herself and the denial mechanism hasn't kicked in yet. M senses what Georgette wants, and they share a telepathic/empathic moment where Jett gets what her heart most desires. Then Monica realises what is happening and breaks it of.

It took several more moments for Jett to get past the now and start denying again.

Which is where we are now.

As always, I could be wrong. Have been before, will be again, but I don't think Georgette is another paranormal.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

But she does feel like she's been played like a piano, though.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

jwhouk wrote:But she does feel like she's been played like a piano, though.
Well, of course. Her innermost desires, the things she kept even from herself, have been yanked out and put on display. Poor Georgette is having a rough day.

I guess my question will be, how does Monica deal with this? She already seems to have gotten past the initial "what the Hell" moment, and true to form, is worried about how it's affecting Georgette. When she's not being all snarly and growly, our Jaguar Girl is a very compassionate person.

It brings up all sorts of possibilities.

How did Kevin react to Monica's transformation? Having a hot girlfriend who can control monsters is one thing. Having a hot girlfriend who is a monster is another.

Are they still together? If so, how does Monica let Jett down gently. If not, does Monica want to get involved with another person, especially so soon after ending a relationship. Again this is speculation. There have been no indications that Monica and Kevin are over.

Does M like girls? There have been hints that she might be, but there hasn't been anything concrete. If Monica is still with Kevin, would he be open to Monica having another love interest? Monica sure wasn't willing to share him with Bud.

Would Georgette be open to the idea? No indication one way or another, but the poor girl has had her face shoved into the fact that she is deeply in love with Monica. Once she gets past the initial shock, because denial left the building with the psychic kiss, Jett may be willing to do anything to be with the one she loves.

Not pushing for any of these possibilities. I'm just along for the ride
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
ActionKermit wrote:Jet: I feel like my heart was just ripped out of my chest!

They share another experience, too: losing face.
Sings Koombayah and passes the pun jar around... LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Boxilar wrote:How did Kevin react to Monica's transformation? Having a hot girlfriend who can control monsters is one thing. Having a hot girlfriend who is a monster is another.
That has already been addressed. ;)
If Monica is still with Kevin, would he be open to Monica having another love interest?
Monica: "Sweetie, I just found out this famous model is in love with me. I'm not sure what to do."
Kevin: *smiles* "Ummm..."
Monica: *rolls eyes* "Ughh, typical male."
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!