Never Touched You 2013-09-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Never Touched You 2013-09-04

Post by Fairportfan »

Or people would assume that the "U" was ... ummm ... lost in the valley.

I thinks she should be the Crimson Mantis.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

So... When does Patrick Duffy make an appearance?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

Oh, yes! I definitely want to see the Crimson Mantis again! Well...maybe in a slightly more serious costume. :mrgreen:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

cmdrpowers wrote:Oh, yes! I definitely want to see the Crimson Mantis again! Well...maybe in a slightly more serious costume. :mrgreen:
I dunno, that's a pretty serious costume... :P
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:The big point is who caused it? Did Monica's abilities connect to Georgette? Did Georgette send to Monica? Or was it done by both of them together? This makes it clear it was a mental connection not physical..

If it was Monica it is the result of her poiting in while in combat mode. If it was Georgette then she does have some abilities to transmit, either empathic or telepathic. Can't wait to find out. If it is empathic then I get a cookie.
We said yesterday we thought it was empathic... I think you were closer to the mark calling it projective empathy which is what I was referring to in my statement. I'm a bit amused (okay, hugely amused) at Monica's sense of priority. She starts out with What the hell was that, hinting she meant the kiss then goes off in a tirade and the kiss is the LAST thing she mentions. I don't think Monica is as upset with the kiss as she is poiting in ready for bear and finding the situation not as much of an emergency as Tina made it out to me.

Tina is thoroughly confused...

and Jet... Jet looks supremely... guilty.

I think Projective empathy is right on the mark. I think the image was in Jet's head and she didn't know she'd projected it to Monica. Tina wasn't a recipient of the signal and so is totally in the dark.

In the end, I think TIna will be analyzing the situation and both Jet and Monica are going to have their eyes opened.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Don't panic, Georgette. You're locked alone and phoneless in a closed coffee shop with two fanged women expressing uncontrollable urges and fantasies about you, while demonstrating a range of terrible powers against which mortals cannot resist.
So you are perfectly safe now.

Oo! Look at the cute countertop, it's like a Mesoamerican altar.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yamara wrote:Don't panic, Georgette. You're locked alone and phoneless in a closed coffee shop with two fanged women expressing uncontrollable urges and fantasies about you, while demonstrating a range of terrible powers against which mortals cannot resist.
So you are perfectly safe now.
Sounds like a fairly typical day for almost any top fashion model! :lol:
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:
Tina is thoroughly confused...

and Jet... Jet looks supremely... guilty.

I think Projective empathy is right on the mark. I think the image was in Jet's head and she didn't know she'd projected it to Monica. Tina wasn't a recipient of the signal and so is totally in the dark.

In the end, I think TIna will be analyzing the situation and both Jet and Monica are going to have their eyes opened.
Projective empathy could also be what triggered Tina's outburst as well. It would even explain a lot about Georgette and her career if she has the ability.

She comes into the coffee house projecting need and looking for sunshine. This triggers Tina. The break down and arrival of Monica triggers a 'My Savior' reaction in Georgette.

It almost seems like she doesn't really have control of it, or if she does she has never told anyone. Can you think of anything better for a model? She's on the runway thinking I am great and the best. Love me, love my appearance. By projecting this it induces people to respond that way. She cannot be too strong or she would have run into problems with how it affects people before this. It could also be a time factor. Monica's abilities have slowly increased over time the same thing can be happening with Georgette. Monica could have acted like a amplifier.

As to the embarrassed look, how would anyone feel if someone else claims they kissed them when it never happened?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Avenger_Reloaded

Post by Avenger_Reloaded »

Georgette seems to be the guilty party here. Not consciously of course. Projecting her secrets was not what she intended to do with Tina.
However as with all things Tina, she delves below what's projected on the surface. Her reason for her facade of gloom shine is revealed and brought to the surface.
This having been done only makes things worse, bringing the true need for sunshine.
Whatdoyaknow? I have some on speed dial.
Now her motives for kissing Monica, even mentally challenge me somewhat.
Was she after Monica or was she seeking light or something from her past? The answer to be revealed...sometime.
Myths which are believed in tend to become true. -George Orwell
HiFranc

Post by HiFranc »

I'm going to predict that Tina is going to reveal more secrets by the end of the encounter -- e.g. "I keep forgetting that Monica's psychic, too. Of course, I was a psychiatrist when I was alive..." or "Sorry, Monica apologises that she didn't call you back earlier, she was too busy saving the world."
Francisco
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

What must it have looked like to an outside observer, then? Well, to someone who's nonplussed at sudden comings and goings. Moni drops in, all flamey and busty and all, and then she and Gerogette maybe both go blank for a few seconds, then break out in flabbergast.

Maybe Georgette will finally learn how to use her empathic projectionism properly and practically perfectly.

Or, we'll see the formation of Wapsi's new Fun Couple: Georgette+Monica= "Gette Jaguar!"

*tosses a radio control medallion in the jar.*
Swedish Chef

Post by Swedish Chef »

Is Jet feeling guilty about outing herself unwillingly or just admitting to herself she may be so inclined?.

Anyhow, it's M' reaction that is funnier to watch, the lady doth protest too much...Or are we starting to watch "50 shades of M" unfold?.

Still waiting for Kevin to pick his jaw up; any day now.
Lurk lurk lurk!
WilliamCA

Post by WilliamCA »

Ok ok ok....WTFITS?
fritzy

Post by fritzy »

Swedish Chef wrote: Anyhow, it's M' reaction that is funnier to watch, the lady doth protest too much...Or are we starting to watch "50 shades of M" unfold?.
I disagree. She only mentions that as an afterthought. Most of her rant is concerned with expecting a fight and it turning out to be nothing, and the fact that she was asked to poit in front of Jet. The kissing is just added confusion to her, but not really the focus of her rant.
fritzy

Post by fritzy »

Everyone is focused on the kiss, but my question is, why the hell DID Tina think having her poit in ASAP and without explanation was a good idea?
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:
cmdrpowers wrote:Oh, yes! I definitely want to see the Crimson Mantis again! Well...maybe in a slightly more serious costume. :mrgreen:
I dunno, that's a pretty serious costume... :P
I already put forward some thoughts on the costume: 1) A Jaguar Girl catsuit she can poit into on the fly; 2) just go full flaming buff Jaguar Girl, complete with her own markings and (?) fur AND astral fire. Crowd control? Just grimace those choppers at any gawkers....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

fritzy wrote:Everyone is focused on the kiss, but my question is, why the hell DID Tina think having her poit in ASAP and without explanation was a good idea?
That IS the the most salient question at the moment. Why would Tina call in the cavalry and push the panic button for what she had revealed?
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Timotheus wrote:
fritzy wrote:Everyone is focused on the kiss, but my question is, why the hell DID Tina think having her poit in ASAP and without explanation was a good idea?
That IS the the most salient question at the moment. Why would Tina call in the cavalry and push the panic button for what she had revealed?

Actually in light of the kiss being a non-event I am wondering if Tina made a call at all or if that was all in Monica's mind as well.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Mark N wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Actually in light of the kiss being a non-event I am wondering if Tina made a call at all or if that was all in Monica's mind as well.
Tina did make the call. She called because she picked up that Georgette was looking for Monica and Georgette had broken down into tears. This slightly panicked Tina into calling Monica for help as Tina had hurt Georgette emotionally. So Tina calls sounded stressed and in dire need saying, "Doors locked. Poit in now! Get here on the double!" Monica jumped to the conclusion it was an emergency and came in loaded for bear.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

It was an emergency; just not the kind Monica assumed.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber