Your Whole World 2013-08-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Yamara

Re: Your Whole World 2013-08-29

Post by Yamara »

ActionKermit wrote:
Dave wrote:That's an important distinction, especially in this case. Many of the things which result in healing, tend to involve some amount of hurting along the way. Most forms of post-injury physical therapy, for example, hurt like hell for a while if they're done correctly... but you end up rather better off at the end, than you would if you stopped when it hurt.

Given Tina's situation, I imagine she'll work quite hard (and urgently) to make sure that Georgette's "hurt" doesn't become "harm". By now Tina probably has her exercise-buddy Monica Sunshine programmed into her phone's speed-dial, so I imagine M will be arriving before very long.

That said, I will be surprised if tomorrow's comic doesn't involve Tina getting clocked. I was hoping we'd get a respite from all the grimdark after the previous arc drew to its conclusion. Do we have a dedicated sympathy pain corner?

If a human punches her, can Tina fight back?
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Yamara wrote:
ActionKermit wrote:
Dave wrote:That's an important distinction, especially in this case. Many of the things which result in healing, tend to involve some amount of hurting along the way. Most forms of post-injury physical therapy, for example, hurt like hell for a while if they're done correctly... but you end up rather better off at the end, than you would if you stopped when it hurt.

Given Tina's situation, I imagine she'll work quite hard (and urgently) to make sure that Georgette's "hurt" doesn't become "harm". By now Tina probably has her exercise-buddy Monica Sunshine programmed into her phone's speed-dial, so I imagine M will be arriving before very long.

That said, I will be surprised if tomorrow's comic doesn't involve Tina getting clocked. I was hoping we'd get a respite from all the grimdark after the previous arc drew to its conclusion. Do we have a dedicated sympathy pain corner?

If a human punches her, can Tina fight back?
The answer is yes. Remember the beat down Tina laid on Nudge? http://wapsisquare.com/comic/round-one/

But Georgette won't be doing that to Tina. Her body language as she cries is inward, not outward! It is a self protective move while she reacts to the internal stress this caused. She might be angry later but right now it is tears and withdrawal. If she was going to react it would be by running away to be alone to deal with it.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:
Yamara wrote:If a human punches her, can Tina fight back?
The answer is yes. Remember the beat down Tina laid on Nudge?
I'm not sure that answer and analogy are correct. Remember, Nudge is not human. She's a demigod, and is apparently fairly close to immortal. She had shape-shifted into a human (or humanoid) form when visiting Mucho Mocha, but as far as I know there's no good reason to believe that the "Demons may not harm humans" rule applies to her.

In the big Mucho Mocha Mix-It-Up, the other half of Yamara's question ("If a human punches her") didn't apply either. Tina threw the first punch.

Whether Tina could (safely) strike back at Georgette, if Georgette were to attack her, remains to be seen.

She could (I think) probably use her power of demonic suggestion safely, as long as she used it only in a purely defensive mode ("Stop attacking me!"). Telling Georgette's heart to stop, or telling Georgette to go outside and play in traffic, would probably result in Bad Things happening to Tina very soon thereafter.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Georgette's crossed arms go from "What are you talking about, bitch?" in Pnael One to "Holding myself together" in Panel Three.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Timotheus wrote:This isn't the first time it's happened with Tina. It seems the more desperate the need, the harder it is for her not to start rattling off a verbal analysis leading to a conclusion. She really needs a mute button.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/thatsenough/
I finally found the strip I was looking for.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Timotheus wrote:
Timotheus wrote:This isn't the first time it's happened with Tina. It seems the more desperate the need, the harder it is for her not to start rattling off a verbal analysis leading to a conclusion. She really needs a mute button.

OTOH, notice that (A) that was only a single voice within Tina and (B) that the collective as a whole are rather startled by ti and (C) it was before Nudge got {literally} punched out.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Timotheus wrote:

I have an irresistible urge to respond:

"These aren't the strips you're looking for. . . .
"He can go about his business. . . .
"Move along. . . ."
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Well maybe this is more useful then.
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/voicingopinion/
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?